LSD, 8 circuits, mind reprogramming. Am I ready?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

se3ker
Forum Member
Forum Member

LSD, 8 circuits, mind reprogramming. Am I ready?

Post by se3ker »

What preparations and mental achievement do I need in order to be able to use LSD to allow my mind to perceive a higher conscoiusness?

I am about to get some LSD soon, and I plan to meditate several hours a day for a week or two before taking it. Will this be enough to ensue that my concentration and mental control will be strong enough to have the results I'm looking for?

I don't want to trip just to have fun. Tim Leary intended LSD to be a mental reprogramming tool, not just a drug to get funny visuals. I've tried before on RCs years ago when I didn't know about meditation, and I don't think I received any lasting changes to my mind except for what you'd expect from a person taking psychedelics.

I'm hoping now that I've been meditating for the past couple years, and with pure pharmaecutical grade acid, this time will be different. I want to see Nuit or Horus or Shiva or Kali. I want to be awakened.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: LSD, 8 circuits, mind reprogramming. Am I ready?

Post by corvidus »

If you've been meditating for the last couple years, and have experienced psychedelics before, you'll be fine. Just relax and enjoy the experience.

My advice though, never go into a psychedelic session with expectations. The only intention you should have is either a) to be healed or b) to be shown what you need to know.

Also, make sure you have a sitter you trust.

Out of curiosity, what type of meditation are you going to do?
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

You probably aren't going to see any Gods on acid, unless you evoke them (which you should not do).

Corvidus put it well. Mostly, don't carry any expectations with you into it, because the exact opposite will happen, and you'll be left disappointed.

Remember that most of it is in your head, and at the end of the day, it's a temporary, drug-induced experience that *will* end. (The intense aspects, anyway. You'll likely be left changed.)

And have fun too. Every trip is fun, and learning is fun, so saying you don't want to have a fun trip is like saying you just don't want to drop.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

se3ker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by se3ker »

I just do buddhist concentration meditation, but sometimes I do mantra too. Not really the best meditator, but I'm familiar with knowing how to keep myself focused on an object when a bunch of emotional shit is going down, so I'm confident about being able to handle psychedelics now more than ever. When I took psychedelics many years ago, I was in a very bad place mentally. Depression, anxiety, etc. And I didn't have a sitter, and I was still grounded and fine. At worst I curled up in my bed and waited it out, never did anything crazy. So I don't think I need a sitter now if I didn't need a sitter then.

But you guys are telling me exactly what I don't want to hear. I don't want this to be just another acid trip where wacky things happen but in the end it's all in my head! I want to connect with the mystical, spiritual, astral world. I want to have my brain rewired.

"The schizophrenic drowns in the sea of chaos that the mystic swims in." - Hinrich Zimmer

I want to become completely insane. My mind is incredibly grounded and anchored into this world. I envy the mind that a schizophrenic has. Imagine if I have a mind that's completely open, along with the concentration and training that I could get from meditation?

Surely someone here knows what I'm talking about, and how to make lsd get me to the place I want to be?

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

se3ker wrote:But you guys are telling me exactly what I don't want to hear. I don't want this to be just another acid trip where wacky things happen but in the end it's all in my head! I want to connect with the mystical, spiritual, astral world. I want to have my brain rewired.
Reprogramming/rewiring will happen no matter what just by inducing the 'psychedelic' state of mind. Every 'trip' is a venture into the mystical. But what I'm saying is, that you should request from the 'Spirit of LSD' the updates you need as opposed to the upgrades you want. It's pretentious and childish to think that you deserve something from the spiritual realms. You deserve nothing.

"The schizophrenic drowns in the sea of chaos that the mystic swims in." - Hinrich Zimmer

I want to become completely insane. My mind is incredibly grounded and anchored into this world. I envy the mind that a schizophrenic has. Imagine if I have a mind that's completely open, along with the concentration and training that I could get from meditation?
As they say, be careful what you wish for.
Surely someone here knows what I'm talking about, and how to make lsd get me to the place I want to be?
I know what you're talking about, and have personally been where you want to go with and without psychedelics (the 'Mystical'). The place you want to go while 'under the influence' can only be reached after you shut off your mental chatter and isolate yourself from the 'outside' world. Psychedelic, shamanic ceremonies take place at night for a reason -- it's so that the external light doesn't interfere with the manifestation of the internal 'Light'. The internal Light only manifests itself if you have the appropriate attitude and environment. Otherwise it's just as you say, a hallucination that's all in the head.

That you have experience is good. But it's always a good idea to have a sitter. The deeper you go, the more can go wrong.
In the very least, if you don't have a sitter, sign a physical contract with yourself stating that your mind and soul will wholly return after the ceremony is over.

The one thing that influences a ceremony the most are the ambient sounds of Nature, or the chanting and drumming of shamans. Every legitimate ceremony I've attended has been accompanied by these things. Basically, set up a good 4-6 hour mixtape of music/chanting/drumming/rattles intermixed with natural ambiance (wind through trees, water, rainforest animals, etc).

But in the end, it will come down to how well you can relax your mind into emptiness and into the experience.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

The experience will be 50% you and 50% "god".

All you can do is point yourself in the right direction.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

But you guys are telling me exactly what I don't want to hear. I don't want this to be just another acid trip where wacky things happen but in the end it's all in my head! I want to connect with the mystical, spiritual, astral world. I want to have my brain rewired.

This is just a fact you're going to have to come to terms with on your own.
Even God is within you. It's all a matter of your perception. Or lack-of, rather.

Again, this is a matter of perception.
People mock me when I speak of my increasing insanity. Simply start down your path, and you will make it to where you want to be.]

Question yourself before you question anything else, and you will know the mindset you seek. Although insanity is the last thing you should be after, because I can guarantee that you won't handle it well.
There is a huge difference between the mentally disabled and the mage who has lost his sanity, however.

You are alone in this world with absolutely nothing but yourself. Come to terms with this.
It's the only way one survives losing their humanity, and spiraling into insanity.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

You are alone in this world with absolutely nothing but yourself. Come to terms with this.
It's the only way one survives losing their humanity, and spiraling into insanity.
Actually you're very loved and forever embraced by God. Forever a member of the human race. Find better friends.

Loneliness is an illusion.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

magari wrote:
Actually you're very loved and forever embraced by God. Forever a member of the human race. Find better friends.

Loneliness is an illusion.
We're born alone, and we die alone.
What we fill our time with in between is of very little worth, save to the individual.

And again, even God comes from within.
At the end, you are left with yourself.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Your poor mother lol

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Whatever you say, man.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

se3ker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by se3ker »

corvidus wrote: I know what you're talking about, and have personally been where you want to go with and without psychedelics (the 'Mystical'). The place you want to go while 'under the influence' can only be reached after you shut off your mental chatter and isolate yourself from the 'outside' world. Psychedelic, shamanic ceremonies take place at night for a reason -- it's so that the external light doesn't interfere with the manifestation of the internal 'Light'. The internal Light only manifests itself if you have the appropriate attitude and environment. Otherwise it's just as you say, a hallucination that's all in the head.

That you have experience is good. But it's always a good idea to have a sitter. The deeper you go, the more can go wrong.
In the very least, if you don't have a sitter, sign a physical contract with yourself stating that your mind and soul will wholly return after the ceremony is over.

The one thing that influences a ceremony the most are the ambient sounds of Nature, or the chanting and drumming of shamans. Every legitimate ceremony I've attended has been accompanied by these things. Basically, set up a good 4-6 hour mixtape of music/chanting/drumming/rattles intermixed with natural ambiance (wind through trees, water, rainforest animals, etc).

But in the end, it will come down to how well you can relax your mind into emptiness and into the experience.
I will admit that I don't think my mind is strong and focused enough to be able to be empty during intense experiences, like a trip. Even during regular sober meditation, I have trouble after 30 minutes to stay focused. Occasionally I get into "the zone" but many other times my mind is just distracted and wandering. So it's very possible that my mind will be in a similar state during a trip.

I plan on ramping up my meditation over the next couple weeks to prepare. However, I am wondering if, for example, I were to trip tomorrow, if it would be able to benefit me and help me meditate better? Even with a weak and undisciplined mind, can I still benefit or will it just be a fun but ultimately fruitless experience?

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

se3ker wrote:
corvidus wrote: I know what you're talking about, and have personally been where you want to go with and without psychedelics (the 'Mystical'). The place you want to go while 'under the influence' can only be reached after you shut off your mental chatter and isolate yourself from the 'outside' world. Psychedelic, shamanic ceremonies take place at night for a reason -- it's so that the external light doesn't interfere with the manifestation of the internal 'Light'. The internal Light only manifests itself if you have the appropriate attitude and environment. Otherwise it's just as you say, a hallucination that's all in the head.

I will admit that I don't think my mind is strong and focused enough to be able to be empty during intense experiences, like a trip. Even during regular sober meditation, I have trouble after 30 minutes to stay focused. Occasionally I get into "the zone" but many other times my mind is just distracted and wandering. So it's very possible that my mind will be in a similar state during a trip.

I plan on ramping up my meditation over the next couple weeks to prepare. However, I am wondering if, for example, I were to trip tomorrow, if it would be able to benefit me and help me meditate better? Even with a weak and undisciplined mind, can I still benefit or will it just be a fun but ultimately fruitless experience?

No hallucinogenic experience is fruitless unless you don't learn from it.
If you've used entheogens before, you should already have an idea of what you're after, and how to get there.

You should have been learning a lot from yourself and the world around you from your previous trips, and if you haven't, I would recommend never doing LSD again, ever.

Discipline has nothing to do with it, and you don't seem to have a weak mind if you're asking these questions.
You're on the right track, at the least.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

se3ker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by se3ker »

Haelos wrote:
se3ker wrote:

No hallucinogenic experience is fruitless unless you don't learn from it.
If you've used entheogens before, you should already have an idea of what you're after, and how to get there.

You should have been learning a lot from yourself and the world around you from your previous trips, and if you haven't, I would recommend never doing LSD again, ever.

Discipline has nothing to do with it, and you don't seem to have a weak mind if you're asking these questions.
You're on the right track, at the least.
I've never done LSD before, only RCs like 2c-e and mxe. And it's been years, I don't remember my trips too well. It's possible that those trips might have shaped who I am today, but I don't consciously remember it. All I know is that I didn't see any gods or goddesses or entities or demons. At most, I was able to step outside my head and have some epiphanies about my life. That's useful and all, but it never went beyond that into the realm of mysticism.

I am hoping, after reading about certain famous psychonauts' experiences with LSD, that I can experience what they did regarding seeing deities and other crazy mystical experiences.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I've never done LSD before, only RCs like 2c-e and mxe. And it's been years, I don't remember my trips too well. It's possible that those trips might have shaped who I am today, but I don't consciously remember it. All I know is that I didn't see any gods or goddesses or entities or demons. At most, I was able to step outside my head and have some epiphanies about my life. That's useful and all, but it never went beyond that into the realm of mysticism.

I am hoping, after reading about certain famous psychonauts' experiences with LSD, that I can experience what they did regarding seeing deities and other crazy mystical experiences.

I already told you, you don't see Gods on LSD. In fact, the *only* drug you will see entities on that you didn't personally evoke, are when on DMT.
You would need to increase your abilities to see entities in general, to see them while on drugs. There are many masters who can see (or at least sense) Gods and demons without any need for drugs.

You shouldn't hope to replicate anything from anyone. Those guys are famous for a reason. They shredded their minds every day with these substances, and you will likely never reach the same heights as them.

You need to learn to be happy with your own experiences.

I've never done any of the substances you've listed, but I can already tell you that they are *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING* like LSD.
It is completely unique in the experience it gives you. Relatable to mushrooms, but totally different in every way.
You will never do another drug like acid.

Be happy with having fun, too. Because really, the only thing you need to learn from Acid is how to be happy. There is no other point to life.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Haelos wrote: I already told you, you don't see Gods on LSD. In fact, the *only* drug you will see entities on that you didn't personally evoke, are when on DMT.
You would need to increase your abilities to see entities in general, to see them while on drugs.
Well, one might drop acid and "see God" in the sense that when on LSD, I behold a blade of grass and know the divinity in it; or, as on a recent journey, I am prone to look down upon my own hands and marvel at the tremendous amount of technology incorporated into their design, and realize that just as every cell in my body is a separate entity, yet incapable of fathoming the meaning of Hand, let alone of Human, so are we all part of a great macrocosm that we may never fully understand, save through the experience of Love.

That said, on mushrooms, (and occasionally on some other, more obscure psychedelics), I've sometimes had the sense that the spirit of the drug itself is guiding the trip, though I might not see a guide, at least not in a literal sense. LSD does seem to lack any such readily perceivable guide, however, which at once makes it incredibly versatile in its applicability, but also perhaps less inherently prone to the sort of healing experiences that are written into the very fabric of, say, mushrooms or ayahuasca.

Ayahuasca especially makes it pretty clear that there are others about you, actively healing and guiding you, and it's not uncommon to actually see them - but then, there's DMT involved, not to mention (in a proper ceremony) lots of evocation being done by skilled practitioners of magick, so I guess you've already addressed that end of it on both accounts.
"love is the whole and more than all" - ee cummings

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

^^
Very nice post Yex, I enjoyed reading it
:)

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

se3ker wrote:"The schizophrenic drowns in the sea of chaos that the mystic swims in." - Hinrich Zimmer

I've a close relative who suffers from schizofrenia, I assure you it's nothing you would want to wish for. He needs to take powerful meds everyday and can no longer hold a job due to limitations. This has an impact on his health. Psychosis leads to false beliefs, confusions, hallucinations ect; it's one thing to have one's mind open, quite another when reality is distorted as a result. Sanity is needed if you want to explore the occult and acquire knowledge that will be useful in the 'real world'.

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

corvidus wrote:^^
Very nice post Yex, I enjoyed reading it
:)
Why, thank you. I enjoyed writing it.
"love is the whole and more than all" - ee cummings

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ghawke2 »

Drawing about the use of LSD leads me to a question; Does one eventually need narcotics to enter into a mystical experience to create deep rooted change or receive true wisdom? I hope not because I certainly don't want to ever mess up high level job opportunities.

minervajane
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by minervajane »

You can most likely enhance the mystical nature of the trip by your setting. If you are able to be in nature in some way, that will open up many possibilities of experience. You don't need to be in the woods...a nice back yard will do. I once saw stars growing all over the ground like flowers....and flowers themselves can become the most incredible miracles imaginable. It is very possible to experience the wonder of the world with lsd...to feel the wonder of it. Anything is possible with lsd...including thinking that you can fly and jump out the window (I remember thinking that but some small part of me knew not to try it). . . really a good idea to have a sitter.

Music can made a difference...and you want to have a very safe place and be in a good state of mind. If you can think it, you can make it happen. I agree about no real gods manifesting, tho, unless they are produced from your mind.
"Of the two of us, you are the one who is blind . . .blinded by what you see."
-the Blind Man

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

ghawke2 wrote:Drawing about the use of LSD leads me to a question; Does one eventually need narcotics to enter into a mystical experience to create deep rooted change or receive true wisdom? I hope not because I certainly don't want to ever mess up high level job opportunities.

LSD is not a narcotic.

Any decent job I was offered never came with a drug test.

Testing for LSD is extremely expensive compared to THC. Most companies don't do it even if they test for the other drugs.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

It takes sucking crap out of your spine to be able to test for LSD, DMT, (and I think) mushrooms (although I could be mistaken about the latter.)
Even hardcore drug probation doesn't test for it. You're pretty much in the clear.

And also, no. LSD leads you away from drug use, in my opinion. Sure, you can blitz yourself out pretty quick, but the more acid I do, the less I actually want to do it. I can't say the same about DMT, however.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

As I've gotten older and since I got into this kind of work well after any friends living near me no longer had or used connections with psychedelics in the proper sense I started using DXM at the times where I really felt an urgent call to go meet my inner board of directors.

With DXM I'm starting to think that you have two zones worth working in - all depending on what kind of work you want to do. If you're into doing a very self-directed drill into a focus of some sort, whether an image of some type and applying bhakti yoga to it or working a really long stretch of sex magic even to the point of using sex magic as an astral-tv generator then 2nd plateau is where you'd want to be (for most guys of a healthy build that's between 250 and 400mg). If you want to have that cross a particular transitional phase and truly go inward and shamanistic you're looking at something more like 700 to 800mg.

The one thing I'd clarify with the later - ie. going for a third plateau - is that it's something you'd use at a very specific time when you're seeking knowledge of self, seeking inner contact if meditation alone won't give it to you, and yes - you'll have intense visuals and even distinct contact with what you'd have to consider certain archetypal beings, however you'll kinda be staggering if you try to walk (you can get back and forth to the bathroom okay but good luck performing an elaborate ritual or invocation). That and to add - if you want to amp up sexual energies going into that you have your first hour - past that point supermodels could be grinding your pelvis and not a lot would happen.

Like a lot of people here I really like to avoid psychedelics anymore, not because I've had any bad times on them but because I want the upsides of what I experience with them to come through without them and I've heard also that one somewhat borrows against their own progress when they trip. If you're really in a hell of an emotional jam and need help from the God within you like never before then yes - its more than justified and you'd be much worse off not to. To do it just to try something like invoking a particular being; best to leave that for times when you feel like a being is reaching out so intensely to you - while you're sober - that you want to give your communication with them that extra edge so you can get in closer to them in order to understand their will in your life and their will in general more clearly.

Also yes - it's very important to have fun on psychedelics but, I have to be honest and put my two cents in - magick, self-exploration, getting to know the Gods and the universe, learning in-depth technology to hack your own brain and see worlds unknown to most people - IMHO magical work and a profound amount of fun are already inseparable. Just like you can be deadly serious in a tight round of Gears of War or Call of Duty you can definitely be rivited to what you feel to be critical work or getting yourself out of a tight spot but you're doing so by cutting the connections between yourself as your habits form your self-concept and what's there to call 'you' more strictly in the moment. I've always thought of tripping as being the equivalent of booking a week-long flight to Hawaii, Bermuda, Cozumel, Yosemite, etc. just that you get the same kind of emotional relief (ie. stripped of your roles) and freedom to look at yourself and your life from a third person perspective. It's as transformative as it is healing as it is fun. I don't know how it couldn't be all of the above unless one has a really bad trip and for any of the experiences I've had with psychedelics there's not a lot to call a bad trip unless bad things are happening around you (like your parents catching you, someone picking a fight, needing to file a police report, etc. etc.) - outside of having external issues drag you in it's your handling of the subjective that matters. Some of the more interesting and educational trips I had started real sketchy and had all the dysphoria of a 1980's anti-drug commercial (mainly in that situation it was because I was tripping with some hot-shot dealers who wanted to scorch the room with the most thugged-out acid techno they had in their vinyl crates - thankfully my mindset at that point in my life was compatible enough with theirs that it was more of a "That's ILLLL son!!!" kind of thing than me getting claustrophobic or hyperventilating).

Anyway good luck, stay safe, and as I'd always recommend - consult Erowid with any questions you have going in.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ghawke2 »

magari wrote:
ghawke2 wrote:Drawing about the use of LSD leads me to a question; Does one eventually need narcotics to enter into a mystical experience to create deep rooted change or receive true wisdom? I hope not because I certainly don't want to ever mess up high level job opportunities.

LSD is not a narcotic.

Any decent job I was offered never came with a drug test.

Testing for LSD is extremely expensive compared to THC. Most companies don't do it even if they test for the other drugs.
I was thinking polygraph testing.

Return to “Beginners Info”