Help me get right the entities names please

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Saatet-Ta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Help me get right the entities names please

Post by Saatet-Ta »

so as a beginner, I've read some books about luciferianism and such,
But I can't get to fully understand who's who exactly...
Sorry if it's looks like I'm completely stupid but I would like to get it right for once and always...

so.. There is satan which his names are countless..
Is samael is one of them? Is lucifer is satan? Is set and azazel are both lucifer as well? Is that makes samael lucifer too?
(I know many peoples see lucifer as a menifestion or inspiring force, and some even consider lucifer as the star Venus.. Sorry if I'm mistaken)
Sorry for the mess but yes those are the names I'm interested at and would aprriciate any help with putting them right..
Thanx!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help me get right the entities names please

Post by Napoli »

They are all separate entities. Satan himself is an entity. And his name is also a title meaning adversary. Beings who have been called such in the Bible plays the role of prosecutor, judge or adversary for the Abrahamic god.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Saatet-Ta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Saatet-Ta »

Thank you for your reply!
As Lilith is the bride of satan in Jewish lore, and she's as well the bride of samael as I understand, I've let myself to mix both of them and now I'm confused again..
how does lucifer fit in this story? I know many peoples consider lucifer as satan, mistakenly or not I do not know enough to tell so I'm asking for assistance.. Thanks

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Difficult to answer as it really depends on the mythology.
The Jewish religion does not believe in fallen angels or anti-deities so Shaitan there is only 'the accuser'. An angel still very much working for god. Lilith (note the comparison with the much older Lilitu) cannot be found in the Torah (the five books of Moshe) or the Talmud(oral traditions put to text) at all. She is only mentioned in the Babylonian Talmud and later Lurianic Kabbalistic writings.

She is the first wife of Adam but refused to bow to him and in doing so disobeyed god. She steals children in the night and there are many charms to hold her at bay. She was also the first of Samael's four wives. And yes Samael is Shaitan/Satan.
That said these writings are not to be interpreted literally as that is seen as the lowest level of understanding within Judaism. They are all metaphors for forces within the universe.

Many Jewish feminists proudly use her name as Lilith was the first woman to say "yeah right go take a hike" to a domineering man. >:D

Hope I didn't make it more confusing... [blush]

In Christian mythology Lucifer is definitely another name of Satan; the morningstar.

Saatet-Ta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Saatet-Ta »

Thank you very much for the info! I am aware of the Jewish Torah and Talmud since elementary school
and I know that Lilith isn't mentioned there... However every Jew knows that she is the wife of the adversary.

That being said about lucifer, does that mean that azazel and set are both satan as well?
I know that lucifer has forms and aspects of himself which called by other names, and if I got it right azazel is one of them?
sorry just can't understand it properly..

Thanks again

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Saatet-Ta wrote:Thank you for your reply!
As Lilith is the bride of satan in Jewish lore, and she's as well the bride of samael as I understand, I've let myself to mix both of them and now I'm confused again..
how does lucifer fit in this story? I know many peoples consider lucifer as satan, mistakenly or not I do not know enough to tell so I'm asking for assistance.. Thanks
I am also confused about this too. I think she is probably Samael's wife, but some say she is Satan's wife too (not the title).

Most of the information available on Internet about her portrays her as an individual who is both Adam's first wife from the Jewish Kabbalah and some Mesopotamian goddess or spirit, also known as Lilitu. I have done my research and things get rather confusing. I don't know if Lilith and Lilitu are the same beings or not. But from what I have gathered from those who work with her she has more or less qualities of both the aforementioned characters. For the Demonolators she is still a motherly figure, who is rather harsh and possesses wild sexuality. She reminds me of goddess Kali to some extent.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

ErebusNamtar wrote:Difficult to answer as it really depends on the mythology.
The Jewish religion does not believe in fallen angels or anti-deities so Shaitan there is only 'the accuser'. An angel still very much working for god. Lilith (note the comparison with the much older Lilitu) cannot be found in the Torah (the five books of Moshe) or the Talmud(oral traditions put to text) at all. She is only mentioned in the Babylonian Talmud and later Lurianic Kabbalistic writings.

She is the first wife of Adam but refused to bow to him and in doing so disobeyed god. She steals children in the night and there are many charms to hold her at bay. She was also the first of Samael's four wives. And yes Samael is Shaitan/Satan.
That said these writings are not to be interpreted literally as that is seen as the lowest level of understanding within Judaism. They are all metaphors for forces within the universe.

Many Jewish feminists proudly use her name as Lilith was the first woman to say "yeah right go take a hike" to a domineering man. >:D

Hope I didn't make it more confusing... [blush]

In Christian mythology Lucifer is definitely another name of Satan; the morningstar.
Some say this was a mistranslation and refers to the fall of a glorious king. From Wikipedia-

Translation of הֵילֵל as "Lucifer", as in the King James Version, has been abandoned in modern English translations of Isaiah 14:12. Present-day translations have "morning star" (New International Version, New Century Version, New American Standard Bible, Good News Translation, Holman Christian Standard Bible, Contemporary English Version, Common English Bible, Complete Jewish Bible), "daystar" (New Jerusalem Bible, English Standard Version, The Message, "Day Star" New Revised Standard Version), "shining one" (New Life Version, New World Translation, JPS Tanakh) or "shining star" (New Living Translation).

The term appears in the context of an oracle against a dead king of Babylon,[25] who is addressed as הילל בן שחר (hêlêl ben šāḥar),[26][27] rendered by the King James Version as "O Lucifer, son of the morning!" and by others as "morning star, son of the dawn".

In a modern translation from the original Hebrew, the passage in which the phrase "Lucifer" or "morning star" occurs begins with the statement: "On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labour forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!"[28] After describing the death of the king, the taunt continues:

"How you have fallen from heaven, Light Bearer, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: 'Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?'"[29]
J. Carl Laney has pointed out that in the final verses here quoted, the king of Babylon is described not as a god or an angel but as a man.[30][31]

For the unnamed[32] "king of Babylon" a wide range of identifications have been proposed.[33] They include a Babylonian ruler of the prophet Isaiah's own time[33] the later Nebuchadnezzar II, under whom the Babylonian captivity of the Jews began, or Nabonidus,[33][34] and the Assyrian kings Tiglath-Pileser, Sargon II and Sennacherib.[30][33][35] Herbert Wolf held that the "king of Babylon" was not a specific ruler but a generic representation of the whole line of rulers.[36]
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Saatet-Ta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Saatet-Ta »

As far is a understood she is actually or Kali is an equivalent to Lilith...
For the other entities I'm still not sure who's who

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Saatet-Ta wrote:As far is a understood she is actually or Kali is an equivalent to Lilith...
For the other entities I'm still not sure who's who
Again, I also have confusion about whether soft polytheism is valid or hard polytheism. Or maybe both are? Ah, the world of spirits!
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Saatet-Ta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Saatet-Ta »

I guess I will have to ask them directly when time comes [happy]

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Napoli wrote:
ErebusNamtar wrote:
Some say this was a mistranslation and refers to the fall of a glorious king.
That article is correct, there are a lot of mistranslations in the Septuagint from which all Christian writings originate concerning the Old Testament.
I was raised Catholic but I am actually of Jewish/Persian/German descent (yeah I know what a mess!). I've been a practising Orthodox Jew for ten years which caused me to forget a lot of the Christian scripture...whoops. I only know it was always told that Lucifer is Satan is Beelzebub etc. etc. Everything was Satan basically. [lol]

What are devils today were yesterday's Gods and Goddesses. They really suffered from bad PR... [sad2]

Return to “Beginners Info”