Soul Mirror Work

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Soul Mirror Work

Post by Rin »

Shinichi wrote:
RoseRed wrote:Can I get a quick rundown on what it's purpose is? And why it's repeated?
It's a map of the psyche and your character. You put your virtues and vices, good and bad habits, on paper, so that you can look at yourself honestly and work out problems, even deep problems, by applying the exercises that follow this one (autosuggestion, raw will power, conscious eating, drinking and breathing). This exercise, though I varied it a little for my own needs, is how I completely rid myself of both ADD and serious Depression, as well as other things. It helped me actively and directly cultivate honor, and other "virtues." It is a practical approach to bettering ones character, and it is periodically redone because ones character evolves. The soul mirrors I wrote down six years ago are very different from the one I might write down today, because I have gone through so many things that refined and developed my character and overall psyche, and I have different strengths and different flaws now.

~:Shin:~
It also has more direct and practical application in Bardon's system of training, as within his system it is the primary method of reaching the state of elemental equilibrium, which is a prerequisite for working with the elemental energies (he warns quite strongly that doing so prior to establishing a strong equilibrium causes further imbalance or exaggeration, as it's the equilibrium which allows the energetic body to bounce back after working with one particular element).
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Guys I am so much thankful to you. Thanks to your help, some meditation, thinking, and my incredibly detailed astrology chart done by Neko-phyte it seems now I get how to do the soul mirror work and the importance of it. Bardon genius is in this exercise I would even say.
So as I got from my negative mirror there is some lack of fire and air in me. Thus being further confirmed by my astrology chart. So my behavior or psyche is now in a mud-like state because of abundance of water and earth. And I need a heating fan to dry a bit that mud. That is fire and air. :) Of course still need to make the mirror of the positive traits. Then in the coming week I am going to choose a trait to work and refine it.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Glad to hear you're getting something out of it!

Something else I'll add. In the beginning when I started this work, my most 'negative' traits were linked with Fire -- too much passion focused in the wrong direction. One way I dealt with this wasn't to dampen the heat, but to direct it towards meaningful things.

Basically, there's more than one way to change a negative into a positive :)

Good luck!
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

as within his system it is the primary method of reaching the state of elemental equilibrium, which is a prerequisite for working with the elemental energies
Thank you, Rin. [grin2]
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Yes, thank you Rin that explains much that has happened to me in the last few weeks [rofl]

Return to “Beginners Info”