Specific Questions regarding Servitors

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Arzachel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Specific Questions regarding Servitors

Post by Arzachel »

I have read several manuals of servitor creation, I still have several questions they didn't answer, though. They are mostly about details and I know they may seem ignorant, but now I need to be sure the servitor I plan to create will work without side-effects.

1. If I create a sigil for a servitor, does it have to contain all of the instructions already? For example Phil Hine gives an exemplary statement of intent as "To promote rapid recovery and health in ...(name)...working at 7/7/7 intervals, the sum of which is the spell of your life.", which is quite long IMO, and in my case it would be far longer. As far as I know, (almost?) everyone programs their servitors during evocation anyway, is it overkill then? Or will it, perhaps, affect effectivity of a servitor in any way?

2. Speaking of which, I believe it doesn't matter whether I program a construct with a sigil(s) or just verbal/mental commands. Am I right? Of course the answer may depend on an individual (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's not that important.

3. If I create more than one servitor, so that each one of them is responsible for bringing about a fragment of a solution (say, one ensures there will be no rain and another ensures there will be no strong wind), how do I make sure they will fulfil their tasks without hindering one another? Is telling them something like 'cooperate with that second guy' sufficient?

4. Should I leave my servitor freedom of action (excluding necessary restraints) or rather plan as much as possible for it? I mean, if I think that - for example - the best place to meet someone is a certain street, and I don't think there's any possibility that any other place might be actually better, should I instruct this servitor to arrange the meeting in that first place? If I do it and it turns out I am wrong, I will restrain it instead of helping it, I guess. If I tell my construct to do its work as quickly as possible, it should find the best possible method itself anyway. I have often read that the more specific a servitor is, the greater chances of success are, but I interpret this opinion as relating to the outcome itself and not to the means of acquiring it.

5. Speaking of time-frame, is it really a good idea to program it to execute its task as quickly as possible? It'd be convenient if I do want it to be done ASAP and of course, having never created a servitor, I lack experience to estimate the amount of time needed.

6. If I think about an outcome I want my servitor(s) to achieve as of something certain, something that will happen inevitably, does it affect the servitor's potency? I mean, besides being that 'lust for result', because I'm pretty sure in such a situation it would have gotten into my subconscious mind.

7. By the way, is avoiding lust for result in the case of servitors really important? From my current little experience it seems not to be so, but again, all my creations were very simple and short-term thoughtforms, thus I'm afraid it doesn't relate to elaborate ones.

Now, as I already mentioned, I know these questions may seem naïve, but I firmly believe it's better to be safe than sorry, and they are really unanswered in every text on this subject I was able to find. If anything is unclear, please ask me for clarification; English isn't my first language.
Ceterum censeo Civitatem Islamicam delendam esse.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Specific Questions regarding Servitors

Post by cyberdemon »

I'd like to see the answers to these awesome questions. I have almost no knowledge on servitors. Where did you study from?
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Arzachel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Arzachel »

Most of my knowledge is accumulated from various occult-related websites and several articles written by renowned magicians as well as few books (such as Liber Null (though this one doesn't explain much on the subject of servitors in particular)), basically I read everything I can get my hands on and compare the information. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact sources at the moment, if I recall them I'll post links or titles.
(This exemplary statement of intent is from here: http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/sp_evocsniff.html)
The problem with all sources I have been able to get access to is that they are never specific. They may be a good choice if you want a general impression on what to do, but they just don't go into detail.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

1. I'm a kinda Anal-retentive, so yes; ALL information goes in.

2. I like to create it right into the design.

3. Yes

4. The common belief is that servitors are fairly stupid, so yes, the more info you give them the better.

5. I don't think you have to say as quickly as possibly, but you should definitely put up a time frame.

6. No. That helps. If you think it is unavoidable, you really don't have to think about the results.

7. I've seen people report result even if they remember the whole thing. I get better result when I don't remember even doing it.

How my instructions for a servitor would look.

Arzachel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Arzachel »

Sorry for late reply, I was waiting in case someone posts something more.

Thanks for your answer, Desecrated. You wrote you get better results when you don't remember doing the servitor. If you don't mind explaining - does it mean you just charge it once like a sigil and leave it to do its work? If yes, and you program all instructions into the servitor's sigil, it sounds pretty much like a sigil to me. If no, you recognise the servitor as a separate entity, and this requires some form of charging it later (or is the amount of energy given to it during creation sufficient, even in case of long-term tasks?), so how do you reconcile this requirement with forgetting? It's not that I ask to make fun or something, I'm just new to the servitors and I honestly need information to understand how they work.

Return to “Beginners Info”