Help with my money sigil tattoo

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Help with my money sigil tattoo

Post by Desecrated »

Never tattoo a sigil.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Bad idea. Sigil tattoos are easy to mess up, bad energies can attach to it too. And sigils are drawn by the magician, tattoo will have the tattooist's thoughts in it.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Oof. Yeah. Better off using a money-drawing talisman, mojo hand or external sigil so you can alter or close it as needed. And if you must have the tattoo, just think of it as a visual reminder of your financial goals. But a tattooed sigil that symbolically marries you to money? The law of equivalent exchange applies in magic as in everything else. That alone would give me pause.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

My god I'm so sick of sigil "magic". DO SOMETHING!
Beloved of Set

wileychaote
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wileychaote »

Some people wear it on the right hand. Don't worry too much about that.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I think the intent statement may be problematic, as "married to money" may mean you spend all your time focused on it, which can be as likely to mean never having enough but always being intensely concerned about it, just as much as it could be about always having plenty.

A clear and well defined statement of intent is best, one that isn't open to interpretation or vaguely worded.

Tattooing a sigil, well, many folk have and done so without any adverse effects. A sigil is only a symbol, until it is charged, after all.

If you want to charge it upon inscribing that's not too difficult either, if you offer the pain and blood drawn to the force you want empowering, which in this case is the tattoo itself. Otherwise it can be made as a tattoo like any other, which you can then charge later on, if you will it so.

Tattooing has been part of ritual magickal practice since time immemorial, though the methods used to perform it have changed over time.

I don't work from a paradigm or sense of anything else being able to control my body or any part of it, unless I say it can be so and I've empowered a sigil tatto myself, on getting it inked, without any harm whatsoever coming to me because of it. [thumbup]

IMMV, of course.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Beginners Info”