Spirits Smoking Weed

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Lampshade
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spirits Smoking Weed

Post by Lampshade »

Hello, I've asked questions on here before, I'm Christian, and I've learned a lot from people's replies to my other questions. This question is very specific so I needed another thread.
When I smoke weed, (this pertains to any drug really) does it affect my future ability to be able to contact entities, or for that matter help in any way? I only smoke weed, but what other drugs effect/ alter someone's ability to contact entities? Personally I've never noticed anything changed when high, other than being high, but I've also never tried to contact any entities while stoned.
Thanks for all replies
"These three remain, faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these is love"

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Spirits Smoking Weed

Post by TheSeeker »

Contacting spirits while stoned is older than prostitution. [lol]

Weed is a good place to start (provided you live in a locale where its consumption, cultivation, possession and or trafficking are legal, of course).

The subject upon which you are enquiring is called Entheogenics.

Check out this web page, much food for thought here:
https://www.erowid.org/entheogens/spiritual.shtml

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I have some limited experience with this. It's easier to contact some entities using marijuana. It's more difficult with others, especially if they don't like it. Cannabis itself (like all plants) has its own spiritual energy that must be treated with respect. It tends to leave your astral sight more "open" to influence so you'll need to do protective work first to avoid attracting things you don't want to contact. And you should smoke a smaller amount for ritual use than you would for recreational use, since getting super-stoned is counterproductive (makes it much harder to maintain trance and distinguish genuine entity contact from your own personal brain farts, among other reasons).
Last edited by the_spiral on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Pot is the intermediate dual-effect arbiter, so it has negligible effects on everything. On the other hand, psychedelics will trip you out so hard you won't be able to tell the difference between imagination and revelation. Stimulants are the best for magick work starting from enhanced concentrating power, but they won't "lift the veil", strictly speaking.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Tristran
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tristran »

Weed can actually allow your spirit to jump beyond our expanding universe.

Imagine your silver cord as a beam of light, radiating from Earth and the entire universe encased in a shell of hexagons. Each hexagon is a spirit or upper self i guess. Within each hex are 2 games players fighting it out. For me one was Jesus, the other was HaSatan.

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

I don't use marijuanna or any other drugs in my occult practices. I want to be fully able to trust my experience and senses when I am doing that kind of investigation of the unknown. I feel there's plenty of strange and unexplained phenomena going on in this world without the need to consume psychoactive substances to research and experiment with them. That's my personal opinion.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

the_spiral wrote:I have some limited experience with this. It's easier to contact some entities using marijuana. It's more difficult with others, especially if they don't like it. Cannabis itself (like all plants) has its own spiritual energy that must be treated with respect. It tends to leave your astral sight more "open" to influence so you'll need to do protective work first to avoid attracting things you don't want to contact. And you should smoke a smaller amount for ritual use than you would for recreational use, since getting super-stoned is counterproductive (makes it much harder to maintain trance and distinguish genuine entity contact from your own personal brain farts, among other reasons).
Interestingly these rules seem to change with medical marijuana. I suppose higher states of being understand pain and suffering as well.
Beloved of Set

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Hadit wrote:
the_spiral wrote:I have some limited experience with this. It's easier to contact some entities using marijuana. It's more difficult with others, especially if they don't like it. Cannabis itself (like all plants) has its own spiritual energy that must be treated with respect. It tends to leave your astral sight more "open" to influence so you'll need to do protective work first to avoid attracting things you don't want to contact. And you should smoke a smaller amount for ritual use than you would for recreational use, since getting super-stoned is counterproductive (makes it much harder to maintain trance and distinguish genuine entity contact from your own personal brain farts, among other reasons).
Interestingly these rules seem to change with medical marijuana. I suppose higher states of being understand pain and suffering as well.
Yes, that's an interesting point. I think the magician's intent comes into play here, and intent is so often shaped by prior experiences. People may approach cannabis differently in ritual use if it already has a "place" in their life as a source of pain relief and/or recreational pleasure.

Related: in magical trance I've seen the psychoactive properties of cannabis materialize as a female spirit. She appears to be a gatekeeper of sorts to its "higher" ritual uses. Anyone here can shed light on this? Perhaps it's a discussion better moved to the Shamanism board.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “Beginners Info”