"Am I going crazy?" Entity contact and mental illness

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

"Am I going crazy?" Entity contact and mental illness

Post by the_spiral »

"I heard/saw/felt something odd. Now I feel like something is trying to contact me. Is this real or am I going crazy?"

After spending some time here and visiting a few other occult forums, I've noticed this question is one of the most common asked by advice seekers - right behind "I tried to evoke this Goetic demon, did it work? Check yes or no", but that's for another post [yay] I want to share a few of my own thoughts on the question and hopefully hear more from others. Standard caveat applies here: I'm only speaking from my own experiences and paradigm, not discounting any other experiences or paradigms that may differ from my own etc etc. And I'll keep my descriptive language deliberately vague and non-dogmatic since I know many paths and individuals use different terminologies to describe these "things."

Short answer: yes, these experiences are real. Most of the time. And no, they don't mean you're going crazy. Most of the time. There are classes of astral entities who specifically approach humans to form energetic bonds that can be either symbiotic or parasitic, depending on one's perspective. These bonds create an open exchange of energy; your "basic" entities tend to elicit straightforward sexual release, but the more intelligent ones can influence human behavior indirectly to produce other types of energy—fear, rage, love, exhaustion etc. The symptoms of attachment vary but commonly include hearing a voice, feeling a presence, a feeling of pressure or tingling in the head or neck (either pleasant or painful), sleep paralysis and OBEs, astral sexual encounters, visions of an entity or shadow person, and later on mood swings, altered behavior patterns, experiencing 'unfamiliar' thoughts or emotions etc.

Of course many of those symptoms are also associated with an encroaching mental illness, which makes these experiences even more unsettling. And people dealing with abuse, addiction, depression, anxiety or other mental/emotional disturbances do tend to attract these entities since a) they're vulnerable, and b) they're already producing energy that is easy to feed on. I believe these attachments can also exacerbate pre-existing imbalances as the host's energetic body struggles to handle the stress of an unfamiliar influence—similar to how the physical body weakens as the immune system fights an infection. I'm not saying that every person dealing with mental health issues is also dealing with entity attachment issues, or vice versa. I'm saying that they can often be observed together, and tend to have strong and potentially dangerous impacts on each other. (And on a side note they're particularly dangerous to people with suicidal or homicidal tendencies, as the release of death energy is too enormous for many entities to resist pushing their host toward. They can feed for YEARS at the sites of such crimes, creating all sorts of weird hauntings). Traditional Western psychiatry is a crude science yet and hasn't advanced to the point where these attachments can be sensed or measured, let alone treated. All it can do is measure and treat their results. But as someone who has both experienced them myself as a child and used Reiki and other methods to treat them in others as an adult, these attachments are real. And they don't mean you're "going crazy", although for many sufferers they walk hand in hand with an unbalanced psyche.

In terms of treatment, the entity or entities forming the attachment first need to be identified, then removed or convinced to leave. There are different ways of doing this from different traditions. They can be very stubborn and take time and effort to get rid of, especially if they've been around for a long time. Also the host has to want to get rid of them; many people subconsciously don't, especially earlier on in the attachment when the entity is still feeding them pleasure and validation (two of our biggest human weaknesses). After that, the crack or schism in the energetic body that it came through (or created) needs to be sealed up and completely healed so the attachment can't re-form. And finally, the host needs to engage in a period of deep self-reflection to identify the inner weakness that made them vulnerable in the first place, and make healthy lifestyle changes to strengthen their defenses holistically. Therapies and medical interventions (both traditional and alternative) can really help here. And if the attachment also triggered or exacerbated a mental illness, the energetic healing MUST take place alongside comprehensive medical treatment. If an entity came to you when you were depressed, you can remove the entity but if you don't treat the underlying depression it may come back (or worse, more may show up to take its place). These experiences often leave long-term scars on the energetic body that also require healing over time but hey, every scar is a story [thumbup]

Again, I am only speaking from my own experience as a person who suffered from attachment, healed myself with the help of mentors and teachers, and who treats and heals them in others now. People are free to agree or disagree, and I would love to hear different perspectives on this, but pragmatically speaking it's what has worked for me in my practice and I hope it's helpful to other people coming here to ask, "I saw/heard/felt something weird. Am I going nuts?"
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: "Am I going crazy?" Entity contact and mental illness

Post by cyberdemon »

I agree with pretty much everything you've pointed out here, spiral. When you say "schism in the energetic body", that's pretty interesting to me. On this side of chao-ceremonia-demonology I normally assume that when we open/close portals that these portals just exist somewhere nearby, not exactly on the mage's astral or physical body.. But now that you've brought it up, the idea makes sense to me. Creating a portal directly on the astral body would definitely give a path for other beings right from the astral or higher planes and into .. not our physical world specifically, but at least up to the physical body.

Well, I basically had an "ah ha!" moment, I guess.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

cyberdemon wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you've pointed out here, spiral. When you say "schism in the energetic body", that's pretty interesting to me. On this side of chao-ceremonia-demonology I normally assume that when we open/close portals that these portals just exist somewhere nearby, not exactly on the mage's astral or physical body.. But now that you've brought it up, the idea makes sense to me. Creating a portal directly on the astral body would definitely give a path for other beings right from the astral or higher planes and into .. not our physical world specifically, but at least up to the physical body.

Well, I basically had an "ah ha!" moment, I guess.
Yes, totally! And these schisms aren't always deliberately created, although knowing how to open and close them is essential to both healing and harming others through magic. They can also be opened through abuse, trauma, mental illness (especially the fragmentation of the ego during a psychotic break), bad luck while dabbling, bad drug trips etc. Any number of circumstances can leave people energetically damaged and vulnerable to influence. And lots of different "things" are attracted to the wound like sharks to blood. Organized religion would categorize all of these things as evil or sinister, but most are just out there trying to survive like us.

As for a mage deliberately creating portals on their energetic body to use in demonology...dang. That sounds interesting but really heavy. You could probably expound on the possible effects better than I could since I've never worked with demons.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I stickied this, it's a timely guide and most helpful for beginners.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Some of the things you mentioned in this thread and the other struck a chord when I consider some of my own adventures over the last few years and the ups and downs I've seen.

I'm thinking that a lot of people, especially who are under intense challenge from life, have a particular void that can't be outwardly filled. Being as resourceful as they will they're apt to strike out on the inner planes, ie. turn within, for the support they're looking for. A lot of new agers seems to suggest just 'go within' tautologically as if it's a cure-all... err, it's important for sure but it's not without its own significant caveats. By the time you start getting signs that you're getting a tug at the other side of the line, ie. some sort of evidence that the world is bigger than what you can see, it sets off a hunger to know more - which is good - but that hunger may not always be particularly discriminating. Internal voids, wants, desires, I think these are things that have to send some kind of signal on the inner planes and I can't imagine aridity not being a draw for such entities.

We also have times where, if we're in the Hermit stage, we're blossoming on the path but finding that as we're doing better in our spiritual life we're also finding that the world finds us a bit harder to relate to. I'm sure that's a temporary thing but again - it's another situation where the friction can cause exposure.

I suppose the question that these entities bring us to reflect on is just what you brought up - the question of what we really want. Great thread and I'd love to maybe see if there's a place where we around the forum could even share some positive psychology and energetic hygiene tips; ie. ideas on what helps keep a person stable and out of inward/emotional debt enough to stay off the dinner plate.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

cyberdemon wrote:Perhaps in that case it's a matter of influencing someone up there to go poking at another person's gaps?
Bingo.
cyberdemon wrote:Also, yeah. Like Johnathan said. I think I need to study some stuff under a pro healer for a while. I met another healer a couple of days ago and her way of thinking completely took me to school at once, just like you did with your first post in this thread. There are simple, basic, and fundamental things on the bright side of magick I've missed out by going too far down the dark side..
Yes! Awesome. With all these LHP vs. RHP wars I think balance is underrated. Who was the healer you met? And what type of study are you leaning toward now?

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

the_spiral wrote:
Yes! Awesome. With all these LHP vs. RHP wars I think balance is underrated. Who was the healer you met? And what type of study are you leaning toward now?
Found her on facebook, she practices Reiki and other Hawaiian techniques. Great insight into psychology too as well as how Stockholm syndrome would work..

Right now I'm still and always gonna be a chaos magician taking up anything and everything that works or makes better sense than what I have learned so far. At the moment I'm doing a lot of experiments on astrology/astronomy and it's very cool because it's something I can actually just look up at the sky for every night and admire and contemplate.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

cyberdemon wrote:Found her on facebook, she practices Reiki and other Hawaiian techniques. Great insight into psychology too as well as how Stockholm syndrome would work.
That's cool, we may know a few people in common then. It's good to shop around, but I have to big up Reiki as it's worked very well for me. Many people use it for physical and etheric healing but you can do strong astral and spiritual work too, especially at the master level. And it's great for empowering one's magic. You can't use it for "dark" work, it's just not on that frequency. But damn if it isn't a powerful current to plug into.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

the_spiral wrote:
You started off with them being morally 'evil' or negative creatures, based around your assertion that they feed off of us in a way, which would mean that they are bad
I did not, and I don't even subscribe to such dualisms. I thought I'd been sufficiently clear my stance here isn't moral but pragmatic. It's an important distinction. And I'm also not talking about every astral entity in existence—let alone babies in the womb, which isn't even a comparable analogy!—just one particular type of entity who tends to latch on to people and feed on their energy over time while (often) posing as something else. If you hang around occult communities long enough or serve as an energy worker you'll notice they're quite common, are attracted to 'sensitive' and occult-oriented people, and can cause great difficulty for people dealing with such attachments. And of course there's nothing morally bad about their need to survive, but if the effects are harmful then people should know how to get rid of them and heal themselves. I'm not going to call a mosquito 'evil' or immoral, because that's just silly, but I'm also not going to let it feed on me and possibly give me malaria out of a misguided sense of altruism.
This. Very, very important to understand what spiral's said here. Take notes, people.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

spiral, I think you should write up a few healing/cleansing guides when you have time..

Indica Auri
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Indica Auri »

Hello, what you are saying is making a lot of sense to me. I started to meditate and do yoga in 2011 but began doing it daily in 2012. I did this without a teacher or any guidance. Which I realized after my experience that it was not a good idea. I looked up kundalini and was practicing to open my third eye. I was doing these things cuz I genuinely wanted to find truth and a bond with God. Sometime in 2013 I started having voice thoughts in my head. Thoughts that weren't my own and they were convincing me in somethings that are crazy but I fell for it. Idk how. It got worse I started hearing voices, seeing shadow people, things would be thrown to the ground. It was so bad I was hospitalized three times. 2 of those times it happened because I would stop taking the meds they prescribed me because I didn't want them. The sad part is I don't remember any of it. I just remember some parts everything else is a blank. I've had a concussion before but my memory got a whole lot worse after this experience I'm sharing with you. I was so afraid because I didn't understand what happened to me. I still don't. That's why I'm on this forum. I want to understand what happened and want to learn the occult the right way. So if anyone has any answers please share them. Also those few yrs were not my only experiences with deities. since I was a little girl deities have shown up in my life. I grew up Pentecostal I referred to them as demons. So I spent a lot of times rebuking these things because I thought I was being attacked. I was diagnosed psychotic. Later on bi polar. The third hospital when I left they told me I was enlightened but I don't understand how. I also don't remember my actions there until I came back to my senses in the last two weeks I stood there. Idk. Any advice would be great too.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. "Opening the third eye" can be dangerous without guidance and patience. The ajna chakra is part of a holistic energetic system. Manipulating it without first balancing the lower chakras and strengthening the whole system is like trying to bench press your body weight your first time in the gym. You'll break something. In your case you got what you wanted but you weren't ready. You "saw" too much without the framework to put your visions in perspective which caused madness. And it sounds like you were already sensitive which only made things worse.

But you can heal from this. Get your physical and mental body healthy. Do the medical work to address any immediate mental health issues. You should not be doing any magic or occult work during this time beyond basic cleansing and protection work. You need to build your boundaries back up before you can safely move beyond them again. Practice healthy lifestyle habits, stillness/mindfulness meditations, spend time in nature to ground yourself in the earth, do healing work to regain your center. I know you're feeling shattered, but you are sounding very lucid and thoughtful here which means you've already begun to heal [smile]

Indica Auri
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Indica Auri »

Thank you so much for your insight! I will definitely do my research on healing and protection. When do you think I could practice the occult again? And again thank you.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Indica Auri wrote:Thank you so much for your insight! I will definitely do my research on healing and protection. When do you think I could practice the occult again? And again thank you.
You can practice cleansing and protection magic now, but save the heavier spirit work for once you're healed. It will always be there, and you need to have a good handle on yourself and the world around you to remain grounded while traveling through different realms. Also working with your own "inner demons" can be a good practice too. You really cannot develop too much self-knowledge and awareness when involved in the occult.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

I loved this post, The Spiral. I love the way you see things.

I'll leave here a link to an article on the african shamanic point of view about mental illness and it's part of what was tought to me in therapy school and in ADR,widely seen. I hope you guys like it.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/08/sha ... pital.html

Saravá!
Idansinají

PS: Dr. Somé describes basicaly what is the initiation into the cult of Orisa, Vodun or Nkisi when he talks about "Longing for spiritual connection". There you might understand how it works, in general grounds :)
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

When i read the topic, i felt a need to share some thoughts on this matter, as it occupies my mind on a regular basis. I was diagnosed with paranoïd schizophrenia 16 years ago because i rambled about hidden forces, telepathy, and the usual para-lore to my psychiatrist. At some past point in my life after the diagnosis, i decided to reject occultism, and i felt a need for materialistic science, completely ignorant of relativism. For several years, i struggled for understanding, discriminating between science and metaphysical concepts like some simpleton. I fought against every non-scientific idea entering my mind, antagonizing my own worldview i'd established in my mind. Basically this antagonism can be interpreted as the repetitive mantra: i am sane, i am sane, i am not insane, i am sane, etc... . This went on for years. Then, at some point, i couldn't handle it any more, one of the reasons being the ignorance about relativism throughout my science-journey (what a fool i was), so i diverged once again to occult literature. But something was different; all those books i read back then, seemed foolish, despite their property of attraction. I became more critical, judging almost every sentence i read. So i finally knew what a relation was when i dived back in occultism. Before the diagnosis and stay at a mental hospital, my mind was fully open; the mind of a complete fool. Thus, some period after that, i felt re-attracted to the mysteries, but every author was perceived to be power-hungry. Then i realized i was the one who wanted power, and i was enlightened about the idea of hypocrisy. But after this enlightenment, most authors still seemed power-hungry, and i realized i was one of them. (If one chops wood before enlightenment, then after enlightenment you still have to chop wood, as the saying goes). There was no way back. I am who i am, a part in the community of lunatics. [gz] As of now, i think the idea of "entity contact" is just what the term describes. A psychologist would interpret it as a form of dissociation. For example, take the classical example of some individual who claims to see angels and demons in his/her dreams, in toast, in patterns on some wallpaper, in tealeaves, etc... . The psychiatrist claims that these are mere idealisations of real people or phenomena and that it must be treated with anti-psychotics. The reality however, is that it is plain and simple a state of mind with endless possibilities. The psychiatrist is right however; these angels or demons correspond to real people or events and it is a form of illness, but the latter is only the case when certain behaviours are observed, which deviate from acceptable norms. An individual who is just starting "to wake up" is overwhelmed by the magic, and subsequently gets afraid or excited in some other way, thus resulting in bizarre behaviour, giving the psychiatrist quite a field-day. But i'm still having trouble grasping this state of mind. For example; say some entity appears in my field of vision and i manage to establish some form of communication. Further, assume this entity shows only its face, with a caduceus on its forehead. Also, a tombstone appears below this face. I ask for identification, and it speaks the following: "I am rep-laah, the unknowable and knowable, you've seen me before in your nightmare, the dream in which i told you not to be afraid. I gave you the elixir of life, for you to awake from the dream which is not a dream. You then rejected this elixir, fearing me, as you thought i tried to poison you". The individual is perplexed with the enigma, and becomes speechless. Then the entity vanishes. Now, what if this "rep-laah" is just "haal-per" or even better "helper". And what if the caduceus means this entity belongs to the medical community. Thus, it may well simply be the psychiatrist of the individual offering the elixir, the antipsychotics, which the individual now finally hears. Next, assume this individual didn't get perplexed and instead replied: "You are a fucking short-sighted moron. I banish you out of my life and hope you will perish in nothingness". So then, during the next consultation, this individual may acknowledge everything the psychiatrist says nodding: "Yes sir, Yes i understand, yes, yes, etc... . It only makes sense that this psychiatrist knows how to interpret these positive affirmations. He might think: "This patient really doesn't care anything about what i say". This psychiatrist may even feel a death threat. Now, is this because the individual communicated that explicitly to that entity? Is there any remote possibility the psychiater even feels a death threat? If he does, then magic works and the individual is not insane or mentally ill, but there is no way of knowing that, because a psychiatrist will never admit that if it would be the case when queried. In this respect, the individual still has to cope with uncertainty. But let me be frank, there are a lot of entities that can appear to an occultist, and only a subset of these exist as someone the occultist knows. Then, the occultist can (for example) evoke a spirit from the body of saturn, and when it appears, the occultist can command this spirit to appear. Next you know, you'll be approached by a banker. So then, if the occultist believes the spirit appeared before him some second after the evocation, then the occultist is clearly insane and delusional, but if the occultist knows the spirit did not appear shortly after the evocation, then he also knows he is sane. And when this banker approaches him in the real world, then the occultist knows he is more sane than 99 percent of people on earth.
YORKO MALENO ZINJOYO NURFELDO GARSTAFANO FANO FAAANO FAAAAANO - neriël yukti

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

A lot of this stuff happened to me. Hasn't this happened to most of us here?

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

akimbomoss wrote:A lot of this stuff happened to me. Hasn't this happened to most of us here?
Probably yeah..and beginners have a "bright" future ahead of them, if they don't give up and go deep enough. I do hope though they survive the waves of choronzon. They have my support, for what it's worth...

Best of (generated?) luck to all of you...

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I have my own thoughts about Choronzon, I think that experience is misunderstood by a lot of people, at least before they go through it. But maybe that's a separate discussion.

Thanks for sharing your perspective, it's very thoughtful and interesting. I agree psychiatrists and occultists are often speaking past each other in different languages even in cases where the phenomena they address are in effect the same.

And akimbomoss yeah, these encounters seem to be quite common which is why I felt like writing about them.

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

the_spiral wrote:I agree psychiatrists and occultists are often speaking past each other in different languages even in cases where the phenomena they address are in effect the same.
This idea is also something that's in my mind lately. Now that you mention it, i see it as a chance to reflect again on it. There are two different languages, but one of them has to describe the reality they both represent in a better way. If this was not the case, then the languages must be equal. The reality here is the phenomenon behind the duality "mental disorder" and "possession by a spirit". But one cannot solve the problem of duality in terms of the elements of the two concepts. If someone happens to enjoy tennis, then this person will never solve anything, save some strategy to ensnare an opponent to step into the field of victory, ironically having the potential to solve a lot (if we still lived in the middle ages then, i think). Unfortunately, the whole world is built around duality. Thus, the reality behind this dual force cannot be known (could not be known before the 17th century?). If this reality is a subset of causes of the discomfort, like stress, sleep deprivation, megalomaniac ambition and even having a feeling being crazy, and what not, then its obviously clear that these are psychiatric terms (more or less) from which mental disorder follows. Looking in the "possession" category and listing a subset of causes, we have living beyond the grace of god, disconnection from spirit, a pact with the devil, awakening or recently initialized ascension, the first initiation and what else (if i mix some ideas from christianity). But, now i am playing tennis, while the reality should be as clear as the clearest diamond. But...i don't see a method for expressing it. Is it "the effect" you refer to, which is lunacy, or can the last part of the quote be expressed equivalently as "the phenomena they address are the same" thus without the term "in effect" ? But this is pointless, because in the end, A is just A, and to deviate from this identity, is explaining things in terms of other things. But then, this is necessary for survival. Imagine someone who takes this identity as the sole axiom. But if it is just a matter of perception (that thus needs differential comparison), then a glass of water is the same as a body of emotion, and a can of air is the same as a body of thought (as the cliche goes). A giant truck loaded with logs passing someone by three times in a week for one week per six months only two arbitrary years in one lifetime is the same as throwing a dice (a 1/6 chance for throwing some particular number) three times in six seconds where two is thrown three times in a row, provided this knowledge is available and the dice is thrown when the truck just passed out of sight. But now i(t) wandered off at t=18. Maybe i just need to review the philosophy of phenomenalism and existentialism, while there is a spirit wandering somewhere in my mind trying to convince me on a fairly regular basis that philosophy is pointless, and i'm not even a hardcore engineer for fuck's sake. Or maybe i should focus more on discordianism and parody, or maybe on a little bit of this and that, or maybe on a little bit of "a little bit of this and that", or maybe on a little bit of "a little bit of 'a little bit of this and thart=dhart=dart' ". Yes i got it !! I should throw a dart in my psychiater's eye!! [crazy]

Retinoid
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Retinoid »

I think this is a great post and there are great replies here! I think true callings to this path always cause severe mental strain sometimes leading to suicide (have had years of experience myself with these issues in which now I am totally free).

I think the biggest thing I have learned to keep me sane is-have no fear.

Fear is of the mind and to walk this path, you must be of 'no mind'.

You cannot fear that an entity can hurt or possess you or that you are opening a portal to hell or that you are losing your identity or even that what you are doing is not really real and it is just in your imagination. All these possibilities are of the mind and you must be of 'no mind'. For true magic and true spirituality is not through the mind, it is through deep knowing.

When you are in this state of knowing and guidance nothing can hurt you. No demon, no god, no angel. You are aligned.

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solita »

I am going through much of this

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

A great practical resource for issues of this sort is Robert Bruce's Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU ... k_ro_title

Some of his methodology is unconventional and he uses a bit of a "one size fits all" approach, but I found it to be an excellent resource with a lot of surprising and easily applicable techniques for handling "entity" problems of the kind being described by Spiral.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Retinoid wrote:Fear is of the mind and to walk this path, you must be of 'no mind'.

You cannot fear that an entity can hurt or possess you or that you are opening a portal to hell or that you are losing your identity or even that what you are doing is not really real and it is just in your imagination. All these possibilities are of the mind and you must be of 'no mind'. For true magic and true spirituality is not through the mind, it is through deep knowing.

When you are in this state of knowing and guidance nothing can hurt you. No demon, no god, no angel. You are aligned.
I missed this comment in my extended hiatus from the board but THIS is very true and helpful. I'm surprised at the number of people doing heavy spirit work without basic grounding and meditative practices in place.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Great thread, I appreciate The Spiral for her knowledge on the subject and willingness to help people.

I agree with Rin about Robert Bruce's book. It focuses on the mechanics of how negative entities function, and practical strategies for avoiding and removing them.

This subject has obsessed me recently and I just want to learn as much as I possibly can about it, so if anyone has any other learning resources that'd be cool.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Return to “Beginners Info”