I saw a vision of a symbol, does anybody recognize it?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

I saw a vision of a symbol, does anybody recognize it?

Post by solace_of_shadows »

Previously today and lately, I had some revelatory thoughts, and intriguing "visions" mentally appear. At the risk of embarrassment, I realize this could be nothing in this particular case, and just a random subconscious thought, but I am curious. It is a ridiculously simple design, and I realize that this symbol bears strong resemblance to some other similar looking symbols in existence and in popular culture, (a friend mentioned "tri-force", referencing the Zelda video games, and I have seen other symbols like that, although I don't really play video games and I haven't played Zelda. Also my vision was different, despite similar qualities). The "visions" I had were also more involved, I saw a series of different images, some more complex than others. I think there might have been other more detailed images surrounding this one.

When I was a child I used to "see" shapes much like this. I would lie awake in bed late at night as usual, long into the early hours of the morning. Other times like this, as during the day well when feeling more thoughtful, I would experience something that "appeared" to be a kind of hologram, literally visually in front of me, starting off far away and then becoming closer, much like the Zoom camera effect in films and television. The images I saw were rather complex geometric patterns, much moreso than the one I described from today. Sometimes they would vary in color. There was movement other than the general "zooming" effect, sometimes it would rotate angles, and sometimes even the images would eventuate into a "projection" of a kind of "room" akin to a computer circuit or something else that is...pretty inexplicable actually. I always wondered if it was some kind of entoptic phenomenon or visual illusion. It sounds funny I'm sure, but...There are similarities I must admit to things like Tron (the 1982 original especially), 2001: A Space Odyssey, and all kinds of things that are geometric. For the Tron reference, this is quite similar, (when Jeff Bridges' character enters the computer world, and the entire thing with its artistic tendencies tends to have that feel about it). I have only met one person in my life with this sort of experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFgayA0YAfk

Some similar artwork: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Geometric ... -347009801, http://www.deviantart.com/art/Geometric ... -346363130. A lot of that artist's work and similar types of images.

For the record, I do not have a mental disorder or psychosis, I do not hallucinate.

As a side note, but important nonetheless... Speaking of visions, somewhere in November I saw a very clear, again holographic-appearing image, front-facing, about the size of my outstretched hand or somewhat larger. It appeared to be a winged scarab, goldish, copperish in hue, and round, much like a metallic pendant, but larger. It was also translucent, floating in front of me for almost a minute or two. I should also note that throughout this past year I have seen scarabs at very interesting moments, I do not feel like it is an accident but I could be wrong. I am going through quite the personal turmoil at the moment. I have rarely ever “seen” something in front of my eyes like this. The only other times were when using medical cannabis in edibles, which does not typically make anything like this occur, but once or twice seeing these things that looked like insects and worms crawling in the air, (not floaters, they really looked like translucent worms right in front of me..creepy...). Another time I saw something on my stomach that looked like a sigil to be honest, a black shape that I cannot recall other than a lot of lines spreading out to different directions it seemed, but I can't remember, and the geometric shapes as a child. This probably sounds very crazy, but I've wondered myself haha so I have gotten some tests done and I've seen a therapist and everything and I am fine.

Regarding the symbol I saw today, what do you think? Does this look familiar, what is this or what might it be? I am also curious as to thoughts on anything else I mentioned.
Attachments
My rough depiction of the geometric shape I saw yesterday.
My rough depiction of the geometric shape I saw yesterday.
Scarab image. This is very similar to the vision I saw of the scarab, although again mine was more copper or bronze looking.
Scarab image. This is very similar to the vision I saw of the scarab, although again mine was more copper or bronze looking.
Another scarab image. This is also very, very similar to the scarab vision I saw, except my vision was more front-facing.
Another scarab image. This is also very, very similar to the scarab vision I saw, except my vision was more front-facing.
"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains".

Return to “Beginners Info”