Occult and magick for beginners, any book recommendations?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

bruh
Forum Member
Forum Member

Occult and magick for beginners, any book recommendations?

Post by bruh »

Hello everyone

I have been fascinated by the occult and magick for a while but am very much a novice when it comes to magick and the occult as an overall topic. I would like to learn about both and even perhaps practice magick when i am more knowledgeable of the craft even if that takes years of studying and preparation. Furthermore I would like to know where to start off with all of this, does anyone have any book recommendations for me to get started on learning about all of this or could someone recommend some introduction point or ways to get started and gain more knowledge in these fields?

I really hope someone could help me or advise me in this

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Occult and magick for beginners, any book recommendation

Post by CCoburn »

I started with Qabalah/Kabalah. I heard about it from Crowley. Overall, it appears to be well respected as a system.
A good book to supplement this system is The Mystical Qabalah by Dionne Fortune.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

Two books I recommend for beginners:

What Is Occultism? by Dion Fortune

The Secret Teachings Of All Ages by Manly P. Hall

This should start you off on the right foot.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=57

This folder has lots of beginner friendly resources online, some is material considered classic/ vital for some paradigms and other material is there too which is also interesting . There are links to book sites, such as sacred texts and others, free pdfs and e books and such as well, covering lots of Occult subjects.

I'll check for threads that are book specific and post back shortly.

Desecrated, you should post your book haul threads here too, they have some cracking titles in them.

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 57&t=36162

This thread has lots of book holding sites that are free to access, it's a mixed bag with lots of beginner and introductory materials. I'll be adding more to these soon too.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Beginners Info”