Room with heavy atmosphere.

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Room with heavy atmosphere.

Post by Desecrated »

I have one room in my house that I'm having some problem with.
It doesn't have a negativity vibe but the atmosphere is kinda heavy in there.
I've had some success with Abramelin oil and bells, so I'm assuming that the room needs a higher vibration kind of energy.

But I have to admit that I'm drawing a blank. I get it to lighten up a little bit and then next day it's heavy again.

Soooo, Does anybody have any ideas???

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Room with heavy atmosphere.

Post by corvidus »

Do you have any houseplants in the room? There are quite a few plants that are abe to 'lighten' up a room
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

You could try putting some crystals in the room if you haven't already. I read that black tourmaline and citrine are good for absorbing negative energy.

Also, do you think there could be an entity in the room? Just seems weird that one room keeps becoming heavy again.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

corvidus wrote:Do you have any houseplants in the room? There are quite a few plants that are abe to 'lighten' up a room
I actually don't. that is worth looking in to.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Akairyuu wrote:You could try putting some crystals in the room if you haven't already. I read that black tourmaline and citrine are good for absorbing negative energy.

Also, do you think there could be an entity in the room? Just seems weird that one room keeps becoming heavy again.
I put some smaller quartz crystals in but I've also been thinking about something bigger.

It doesn't feel like an entity, it feels like "teen angst" or something.

Ignota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ignota »

It may be something mundane, such as a wiring issue. Electromagnetic fields have been known to cause odd feelings and oppressive atmospheres. Might be worth checking out, considering wiring going bad in the walls can possibly lead to a fire hazard. http://emwatch.com/house-wiring-radiation/

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Ignota wrote:It may be something mundane, such as a wiring issue. Electromagnetic fields have been known to cause odd feelings and oppressive atmospheres. Might be worth checking out, considering wiring going bad in the walls can possibly lead to a fire hazard. http://emwatch.com/house-wiring-radiation/
The wiring was checked about 5 years ago and we changed the heating system last year so all things that gives of radiation is fairly fresh.
I do have a computer in the room.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Teen angsty is interesting, as a vibe.

Lost energy or thought form, attracted or returning to your room for some reason?

Just one vague thought, but only half formed, granted.

Or maybe a young person you know is trying to get through on the psychic plane, as another thought?

I've got several grandkids and I always ' just know' when one of them isn't happy and am also aware about an hour before they arrive that they are coming, when their mums sometimes drop by without calling first.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote:Teen angsty is interesting, as a vibe.

Lost energy or thought form, attracted or returning to your room for some reason?

Just one vague thought, but only half formed, granted.

Or maybe a young person you know is trying to get through on the psychic plane, as another thought?

I've got several grandkids and I always ' just know' when one of them isn't happy and am also aware about an hour before they arrive that they are coming, when their mums sometimes drop by without calling first.
I think the previous owners had teenagers. But I don't know any teens and I don't have any children.

It feels like some sort of residue that's just really hard to clean out completely. It's like this energy has been here for so long, that it kinda belongs here, and just naturally seeps back in again.

And the most annoying part is that it's not a strong energy either. It's just a hunch that I get when ever I enter it.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Desecrated wrote: It feels like some sort of residue that's just really hard to clean out completely. It's like this energy has been here for so long, that it kinda belongs here, and just naturally seeps back in again.

And the most annoying part is that it's not a strong energy either. It's just a hunch that I get when ever I enter it.
Based on this, now I'm thinking it has something to do with the earth's energy grid. Plants might help, but burying stones or metals beneath the foundation might work best. Or maybe both.

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

This was one of my hunches as well; do you know if you have any ley lines nearby at all?

I was also thinking it may be possible that the teenagers that used to live there may still be energetically linked to the room. People can form negative cords of attachment with places as well as other people. Just a thought.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I've also thought about location. leylines and feng shui.
I've been interested in trying dowsing for some time so I might give it a go once the snow melts away.

And plants as soon as we get some sun.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Open the windows
Meditate in the room to rule out an intelligent entity
Grow plants and living things in the room
Smudge sage, frankincense or sandalwood in the room
Sprinkle sea salt or place black onyx in the corners
Daily banishings and cleansings until it clears out
Objects and images to balance out the residual energy (so for teen angst, maybe symbols of childhood innocence or elderly wisdom?)
Just accept it as part of your house's personality (since it doesn't sound harmful, just annoying)
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Open the windows - Check
Meditate in the room to rule out an intelligent entity - Check
Grow plants and living things in the room - Need to try that
Smudge sage, frankincense or sandalwood in the room - Already tried that.
Sprinkle sea salt or place black onyx in the corners - Yup.
Daily banishings and cleansings until it clears out - Check
Objects and images to balance out the residual energy - Check
Just accept it as part of your house's personality - O hell no.

As long as the windows are open it feels nice, as soon as I close them the heaviness creeps in again. Which is okay in the summers, but now in the winters when it hits -40 having the window open for a longer period of time is bad.

I really like the combination of myrrh and frankensince. In every other room in the house it makes the room feel fresh, In here, it smells warm.

I haven't tried black onyx, I went with quartz and rose quartz. And it's not high enough. It's to close to earth as an element, I need something more windy.

I actually started with Himalayan salt, but it did nothing. I then tried rock salt but it didn't do much difference and eventually found some dead sea salt that did some improvement. But it needs to be constantly removed and replaced.

Banishings clear it out for a couple of hours. At best a day or two. Then it comes back in.
Abramelin oil has the same effect. As long as the candles are burning it feels fine. But then when they go out, it smells bad, and the room goes back.

Bells and other high pitched sounds also clear things out for the moment. And I'm seriously considering fetching a pair of speakers and blast isochronic tones, but I doubt it will do anything else then drive my wife insane.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Interesting. Might be a mold problem in the walls or the sub-flooring.
Have you physically inspected the structural integrity of the house near that room?

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

That's some problem room you have there.

As for crystals, have you tried Amethyst? I think it has a nice air quality to it. Also, I was thinking you could maybe try combining some crystals into a crystal grid; might help boost the energy a bit more.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

corvidus wrote:Interesting. Might be a mold problem in the walls or the sub-flooring.
Have you physically inspected the structural integrity of the house near that room?
There is some mold in the room underneath this one. We are going to have it taken care of this summer. But one of the room in the basements that have more mold is underneath the dinning room and that room feels perfectly fine. Once the snow and ice melts I'm going to check the windows in the room so that there is no mold in the frames, but there was none last time I checked and the room still felt heavy.

I've also tried some non-occult methods like baking soda, air cleaners, dehumidifier and we even changed the wallpaper in there.
No results.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Akairyuu wrote:That's some problem room you have there.

As for crystals, have you tried Amethyst? I think it has a nice air quality to it. Also, I was thinking you could maybe try combining some crystals into a crystal grid; might help boost the energy a bit more.
I use that in the bedroom since it's very calming.
I'm leaning towards getting some citrine and hanging it in the windows to get a more positive happy feel. And maybe some herkimer diamonds. (they seem to be very high)

But maybe an amethyst cluster would look nice to. There is always room for balance in a room.

I always do grids/patterns. It just makes sense to work with 4-8-16 stones in a room that has 4 walls and 4 corners.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Is there anything left over from the previous owners in that room? Even some drawing on the wall covered up by pain or something that was just included in the house? Or even a picture or painting or something. Anything like that could be a magnet for the previous owners energies and could influence the atmosphere of the room.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Caerdon wrote:Is there anything left over from the previous owners in that room? Even some drawing on the wall covered up by pain or something that was just included in the house? Or even a picture or painting or something. Anything like that could be a magnet for the previous owners energies and could influence the atmosphere of the room.
The floor and ceiling is untouched and it's an old wooden floor so there might be some residue. I could always try some hoodoo floor wash in here to see if that helps.
But there are no objects, and we scraped the walls pretty good before redoing it.

Other then the room in itself and considering that the previous owner lived here like 6-7 years ago, I don't think there is anything drawing them here. But I still remember my childhood home and think about it sometimes so I'm sure they too think about this house sometime.

Is there anything to shield from old memories?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

the_spiral wrote:sage, frankincense or sandalwood in the room
I tried that exact combination yesterday. Really nice smell.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Desecrated wrote:Is there anything to shield from old memories?
About the best thing I can think of is just to cleanse the room and replace the memories before they reestablish themselves. If there's a window, I'd suggest opening it on a sunny day and doing your favorite way of cleansing a space.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

For what you say, I feel, just out of intuition, that it might be something "geographic", electromagnetic fields of the location, etc. For the feeling described, I would do something to let the "energy" flowing in that room.

Do a heavy cleansing, with ritual elements, plants, etc purify with incense and use some waters. After you've done that, you might do a more "psychic" cleansing through visualisation and mantras. Then you have a good clean space to work on. Then, in the most "heavy" spot (there has to be a heavier spot), put a little fountain. You may have crystals in it, like Amethyst, clear Quartz Crystal, Green Quartz, etc. That will keep energies "moving" and flowing. On the computer (CPU) put a crystal to "absorb" the "radiation". You may use a crystal prism, those of feng shui.

I feel that is more of a permanent thing in your house. So, putting a fountain will give you a very good vibe. Try to put on a weekly basis some sandal incense, sage or benzoin, frankincense, etc. I feel that should do the work.

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

PS: Haven't you done some divination or "measuring" the place???
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

sikander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sikander »

I like everyone's ideas. They're all super. Too bad that feeling still returns after some time. This got me thinking that there's really nothing wrong in that room, but your perception of it could be. It was actually my intuition that got me to tell you this, rather than my logical thinking. You could try to remember what your first impression of the room was and what you associated it with, as that might have gotten stuck in your mind and keeps bugging you until you figure it out.

Besides that, my logical mind came up with this:
- some garlic ropes around the room, or a few cloves
- a witch bottle in a dark place
- four thieves vinegar

Awaiting further updates.

Blessings!

Return to “Beginners Info”