Beginner in Faith

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

FieryFoxsSoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Beginner in Faith

Post by FieryFoxsSoul »

Hello, I am very (VERY) new to wicca and occult, and I came here looking for people who are not so new in the religion to give me advice on how to get involved with other wiccans who can teach me more about the religion. I've always been a spiritual person, but after my friends mom introduced me to reiki, I started to research Paganism and Wicca. I've never done any rituals and don't even have a book of shadows or basic altar. I live in northern PA and I am in such a small, very christian town, that i'm pretty sure there is no other pagan people other than my friend and her siblings. I just want to get involved with other spiritual people who can educate me a bit on wicca.
Blessed Be?
Fiery Fox's Soul

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Beginner in Faith

Post by Desecrated »

This is easily the most common beginners book about wicca and gives tips on everything you just mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/Wicca-Solitary-Pr ... 0875421180

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

Welcome!

I recommend you for more "practical" readings Edain McCoy's "Making Magick". Even though the author it's a wiccan, the book it's quite more practical in the witch training. Teaches about the four elements, mentions about Wicca, creating spells and rituals, etc. Everything withing the wiccan frame. It's not a "What is Wicca?" book but you would really like it if you're beginning.

For more "theorical" wiccan stuff you have the classics like Scott Cunningham, Janet and Stewart Farrar, etc. They talk a lot about Wicca and what is to be wiccan.

You also have Sorita D'Este which is a britain wiccan priestess of Alexandrian Wicca. She and her husband work a lot with classical witchcraft and ceremonial magic, so you might be interested in that too.

Cunningham... I like his "table" books, like his books about herbs, stones and such. Not that much his "magic" books, for that I prefer Edain McCoy.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

anodetonoone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by anodetonoone »

http://pagancalendar.co.uk/

And this might be of use in keeping track of the esbats, sabbaths and moon phases in wicca. There's also an app, for your phone or tablet.

Oh, and I second Desecrated's book recommendation. I like Cunningham's 'Guide for the Solitary Practitioner.'

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Hey there. This particular forum is quite open to different systems of traditions. If you're looking for wicca specific forums, I recommend 'everything under the moon'. It is geared towards a younger, newer generation with a very nice catalogue of everything wicca.

This forum is nice, but it might be confusing to a beginner who hasn't separated out the differences and similarities of various systems.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

FieryFoxsSoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by FieryFoxsSoul »

Thank you everyone for your responses, I am in the middle of reading the first book suggested and am looking into some of the other ones suggested. I just recently made an account on "Everything Under the Moon" and am just waiting for my account to be verified. Thank you guys for your help. [happyface]
Fiery Fox's Soul

Return to “Beginners Info”