Relevance of specific symbols

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

VenusianEchoes
Forum Member
Forum Member

Relevance of specific symbols

Post by VenusianEchoes »

When looking into the occult, certain images seem to matter. An example of this is the pentagram or various sigils.

However, these images often mean very little to me, if they dont mean much, how effective can they be?

I'm looking into chaos magick, and they tend to create their own sigils with personal meaning and they focus on it to create change.

Would this have the same effect as say, some symbol used in a book that I cant assign meaning to until after I read into it?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Relevance of specific symbols

Post by Nahemah »

It should do yes, symbols are meaningful due to the personal and group ascriptions placed on them, but they do not need to be understood by everyone to have energy and/ or power.

Many people misunderstand or miscategorise certain symbols and the interpretation then changes depending on who is reading them, there are well known examples of this, The Sig rune and the Fylfot or swastika, for instance, to name but a few. Whether one views a symbol posively, neutrally or negatively depends very much on individual perspective and understanding.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Beginners Info”