Really dumb question

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

namedforthemoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Really dumb question

Post by namedforthemoon »

Please don't say there are no dumb questions, only dumb people, etc. I know it's a dumb question, and I searched for it, but nothing came up. And I wanna know, dang it!

So...

Ancestor spirits. You're inviting them to work with you, to guide you, to be there for you, etc. So one would assume that they are always there.

...Are they watching you when you're having sex, or you know, "alone time"?

Because that would be really embarrassing. "Grandpa! What are you doing?! Get out of my room, please!"

Yes, I'm serious. Does anyone know about this?

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Really dumb question

Post by fraterai »

This has been covered in a book I have on necromancy (I will dig up details and message you), but essentially, yes. You may work with grandpa for a bit only to find he's way too hardcore Christian to help out a witch, or he thinks you walk around naked too much. Then again other spirits don't care, don't make the effort to go out of their way to spy, or realize that they have certain privileges they have accepted or learned to live with. With any spirit driven practice like this, the nature of the spirit is going to matter a lot when working with it. I know it's not always doable, but this is why it is good to have a temple or a spot away from the bedroom to hold the altar, then you can just say "when the door is closed stay out or else your gonna see me naked". Grandpa understands

I know you said not to but, this really isn't a stupid question! It is practical and one of those things others would be afraid to ask until they had to deal with it
Last edited by fraterai on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

namedforthemoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by namedforthemoon »

Hmm. I might have to put an altar in the basement. It's not very clean or nice. Like a dank dungeon, honestly. Complete with spiders. But no where else in the house, besides my bedroom, is safe from children or other snooping people.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Interestingly enough, This is never mentioned in any of the sources I have. I'm sure some paradigms have material about it, but I found nothing.

This is one of those time were you should probably communicate with the spirit directly and ask them about it.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Yeah, that's why I don't keep my ancestor altar in my bedroom. Other people cover theirs with a cloth. Personally I don't like having a bunch of spirits hanging around the area where I sleep, make love and practice sex magic. But I don't think it's necessarily as big a deal as people think. Many of our ancestors were regular people with active sex lives too, and won't judge us too harshly for doing the same. Of course if you're having orgies at home and your ancestors were devout Mormons you may want to keep them separate out of respect! [crazy]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I've thought about this countless times with Entities further
up in the hierarchy than me.

In that scenario I would equate it with something analogous to me
watching the fish in my aquarium. Nothing for them to be ashamed of.
Having sex, or whatever.

But human spirits, and especially deceased relatives. Yeah that's a bit
different, and seems odd to me. Under certain circumstances of course.

I think the concept is too abstract, to bother me much.
But that's just me, and it does come to mind a lot, though it doesn't
concern me.

Regards

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

the_spiral wrote:Of course if you're having orgies at home and your ancestors were devout Mormons you may want to keep them separate out of respect! [crazy]
Back in the days mormons usually had several wives so I don't think they would care that much about orgies.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Des - [lol]

I'm pretty sure the stuff about being naked around your conservative ancestor spirits was in Communing with the Spirits: The Magical Practice of Necromancy. They definitely covered the "conservative that won't work for the witch" which applies in the same way. Depends on the spirit and ultimately they have to be asked
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Desecrated wrote:
the_spiral wrote:Of course if you're having orgies at home and your ancestors were devout Mormons you may want to keep them separate out of respect! [crazy]
Back in the days mormons usually had several wives so I don't think they would care that much about orgies.
Yeah, I didn't get it. I thought the same thing. I remember hearing
people call Mormons Polygamists. For all I knew, they still were.

Don't get orgies much either. Too much of a Hermit to procure one
of those.

I'm more of a sporadic egocentric(sex wise)monogamist.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Beginners Info”