What to do if you're dumb?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: What to do if you're dumb?

Post by Desecrated »

blindwake wrote:
But I think ignorance is just the worst level of stupidity. If you can find a lower level of stupidity, I'd love to know it.
racism?

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

Desecrated wrote:
blindwake wrote:
But I think ignorance is just the worst level of stupidity. If you can find a lower level of stupidity, I'd love to know it.
racism?
Maybe. More specific, idealism? Racism just being a small part?
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

blindwake wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
blindwake wrote:
racism?
Maybe. More specific, idealism? Racism just being a small part?
Idealism can sometimes lead to something good. I can't figure out any positive results from racism. It's a kind of forceful idiotism when you not only hurt yourself, but you expand it to other people as well.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

Desecrated wrote:
Idealism can sometimes lead to something good. I can't figure out any positive results from racism. It's a kind of forceful idiotism when you not only hurt yourself, but you expand it to other people as well.
Racism can be good because by taking from others, it causes retaliation which inevitably leads to a reverb of "learning" on the racist's side, and causes a form of temporary order once it resolves fully.

I like to think that idealism is in the middle of racism (and variants) and victory. Where victory is being able to gain without putting others down (win, but don't pillage sort of) and racism is to put others down to make yourself feel better (like lowering the difficulty bar instead of facing it and conquering it).

Then idealism is just your middle ground: the desires themselves. Idealism to me, is the neutral tool which is only "good" or "bad" depending on who's using it.

Perhaps I mixed up idealism with perfectionism. A broad term for racism might be misguided perfectionism. Maybe stupidity could be seen as perfectionism towards an irrational and imperfect goal; a waste of resources.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

setana
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by setana »

Never posted on this forum before although I have been a member for awhile...
You posed a pretty good question I think...
But I think the term "dumb" is more or less relative. Has anybody ever experimented with memory techniques, such as mind palaces, Mnemonics... or the like. Studying the occult and understanding it, requires one to learn a lot of things; memorize and visualize abstract and esoteric concepts. I believe it is paramount for any practitioner to utilize these techniques while practicing and studying the occult sciences. Giordano Bruno also believe this (he was burned at the stake for it).
Basically what I'm trying to say is that one must learn how to learn and remember. So if you're" dumb" it doesn't affect your capacity to remember information if utilized these memory techniques. Anyone can learn these. Many people use these techniques just to compete in memory Olympics and the like. But these techniques can be used in every day life, from learning languages to a remembering your grocery list or astrological concepts
Here's a few books that will get you started if you are curious:
Moonwalking with Einstein
The Art of Memory
De Umbris Idearum

Hope this helps

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Desecrated wrote:Is it even worth pursuing the occult unless you are one of the elites. What's the point in reading english translations of greek and latin works, not to mention hebrew and arabic. All we do is just regurgitate other peoples opinion but have no real understanding ourself.
What do you do if you're dumb and lazy? Give up and become an armchair occultist? Write a book? Go and lay down in a ditch and wait for death?
To a scientist, we are all dumb, to the government, we are ignorant, to the spiritual rulers, we are only worthy if we obey their way, etc. These are only thoughts and if we believe them then we see our beliefs played out on the matrix of existence. If we where all the same, would that be considered intelligent, would say more like clones or robots. Every life, no mater our judgements of them including ourselves are of the same value, non are better than another, not lower or higher than another, we all have the same gifts. We are equals to each other even if my experiences and beliefs are different, label it as one may choose, they have no true value they are only ideas.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Return to “Beginners Info”