Childhood Repetitive Nightmare

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Childhood Repetitive Nightmare

Post by blindwake »

I used to have dreams that I would be killed by wild animals. Then when I moved into a different house, I would have a dream that there was a being in the basement. Whenever I fell asleep I would walk to down into the basement (in my dreams) and there would always be an entity hiding that would show itself and kill me. Every dream the being was in a different hiding spot. I used to be afraid to fall asleep so I'd turn on a very bright lamp in my room and cover my face so that I couldn't see anything. I used to be very afraid of the dark.

Now I have dreams that I am an entity hunting other things. I almost always dream of war, death, hunting, etc. and I'm usually a warrior. Just recently I had a dream that I was an Egyptian-esque man with a spear that would hunt along side a demon. The dreams never end well. They usually end with a lot of pain or blood (not that I can feel anything after I wake up though).

I'm not sure when my dreams changed from me being the hunted to me being the hunter. At some point I just stopped dreaming at all, and only lately with my dream recall practice have I been able to recall anything of my dreams at all. Lately I've been having an irrational fear of the dark (night specifically), and I almost expect my walls to come alive and eat me.

I must have something bottled up inside that I need to release. However, I don't want to start having nightmares again, and to make matters worse, I now live in the basement of this "haunted" house and not on the upper floor. Something about basements have always unnerved me, and I've never known what.

Anyway, what do you guys think I should do? Banish banish banish? Am I haunted by something? I don't even know what to think to be honest. Should I learn the hexagram banishing ritual to get rid of potential spirits? Advice would be much appreciated. Also, what do you think the malicious being of my childhood was? I would dream of him like literally every night. It was horrible.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Childhood Repetitive Nightmare

Post by Desecrated »

Banishing is never a bad idea. sleep protection is a nice touch. Some sort of servitor to watch over you when you sleep might be necessary.

But honestly. This sounds like a good opportunity to do some dream work. There is obviously a lot of symbolism going on here.

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Childhood Repetitive Nightmare

Post by Abyss »

blindwake wrote:I used to have dreams that I would be killed by wild animals. Then when I moved into a different house, I would have a dream that there was a being in the basement. Whenever I fell asleep I would walk to down into the basement (in my dreams) and there would always be an entity hiding that would show itself and kill me. Every dream the being was in a different hiding spot. I used to be afraid to fall asleep so I'd turn on a very bright lamp in my room and cover my face so that I couldn't see anything. I used to be very afraid of the dark.

I would dream of him like literally every night. It was horrible.
Hi blindwake, interesting post. Think we all had some pretty weird dreams as a child and it does not seem to stop as adults either. The recommendations by Desecrated are worth looking into. Also when you are dreaming, sounds like you are having lucid dreams (some call astral travelling). Try feeling your hands, face and body in these dreams and you may see things very differently as lucid dreamers can control their dreams. It is called dreaming awake (shamanism). These beings have no control over you, it is just our fear of these things seen through our filters carefully built by parents/society/culture, etc. We can see them as evil spirits or light beings.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Return to “Beginners Info”