Using magic To Increase Intelligence

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Using magic To Increase Intelligence

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Okay, quick question(s) for the more experiences ones out there. I would like to use magic to increase my intelligence. I know this is too vague a word and I found a thread on this site that highlighted that so I am here to make it a little more specific. These are things I would be looking to acquire relating to intelligence.

Perfect Recall
Achieving Gnosis instantaneously, or at least faster than the normal learning curve
Rate of learning Increase
Profoundly understanding things (Not just regurgitation of information)
I've heard one's higher self can tap into the "collective unconscious" and that contains all information that has ever or will ever exist. This is a cool concept if it can be used regularly and by will.

That being said, I know about mnemonics, mind palaces, taking notes and all of that, but none of these have helped me achieve the intelligence I am striving for and have a burning passion for. If I could use magic to augment my mind in a small fashion once, replicating the results can only lead to the "increased intelligence" that I seek.
And no, I'm not looking for knowledge without the work, I just want to shorten the work so I don't have to re-read all of the books on magic every month because my memory is... questionable. Maybe only reading a book twice in my life could be enough to remember it. That would be nice.
Again, any and all comments are appreciated.
[geek2]

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Using magic To Increase Intelligence

I have heard that demons are better for physical desires and angels are better for nonphysical desires, but I don't know if I should believe that as I have no experience with either. Also, if there is any chance that these changes could be enacted through sigil magic, that is what I am most comfortable with but I will be willing to endeavor in learning a new system just to achieve these effects if at all possible.

Ubaste
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ubaste »

Start working with deity connected to mind and intelligence. Or with planet Mercury. Or with sephiroth Hod (connected to Mercury as well) on Kabbalistic Tree of Life. You have a lot of choices.
I, for example, became better in artistic stuff and beauty matters when I started working with venusian deity. But keep in mind that it can take time and you have to have particular intention.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ubaste wrote:Start working with deity connected to mind and intelligence. Or with planet Mercury. Or with sephiroth Hod (connected to Mercury as well) on Kabbalistic Tree of Life. You have a lot of choices.
I, for example, became better in artistic stuff and beauty matters when I started working with venusian deity. But keep in mind that it can take time and you have to have particular intention.
Okay great, could you recommend any beginners books to working with deities? I have very limited experience, only sigils and the NAP (which makes my body tingle all over when i do it) woohoo. Thanks friend :]

Ubaste
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ubaste »

Sorry for late response but my laptop is in the hands of IT-man and I gotta use my phone to write here, which is like God's Wrath and Hell mixed all together.

Your question surprised me tbh, I didn't read books on that topic and I always used my intuition to create method of contact.
Invocation could be a good thing for you if you are aiming to have traits of particular deity.
Nevertheless, I wouldn't focus only on contact, there is a beginner's book list, here. Bardon may be boring but he's good, Kraig and Lon Milo Duquette are both fine and very easy, I liked Peter J. Caroll and Dion Fortune as well. Another author who wasn't mentioned is Stephen Mace and his "Stealing Fire from the Heaven". I've seen it with an irrational price (no idea if that's regular price or what), so if you wish, I can send you my eBook version.
I can't tell you which title is the best, I liked those above, but I think that it's best to download fragments and just check which one "rings a bell". There's no sense in beginning with Fortune if you don't understand and can't connect to her way of thinking. :)
Also keep in mind that relying on just one book isn't a good idea. People who wrote them are just people and they have their own opinions on the topic of occult. That's why I check out many authors and throw away what I don't like. :P

I can PM you and tell smth about my experience with deities. I must say - talking with other occults really taught me a lot!
And it's fun, too.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Heck yea thanks for the awesome response. So much information there. Fun story the first thing I did when I joined this forum was find that beginners book list and download pdf's of them from the internet, then I went to the various libraries with free pdfs and downloaded as many as are on this site. I'd say I have from 300- 350 books downloaded that I haven't peeked at yet because... there are 350 of them haha. Thanks for the recommendations as I will read those books first. I have read about 5 books on sigils so far and I like where I'm at with that system, so maybe deity work is my next step if it can boost all of my other workings with magic then I am much more likely to make it my priority. [yay] I'd love a review of some of your experiences with deities; learning through others is the fastest way to streamline learning, so why not? That's what we are all here for right? [thumbup]

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Your intellect is not as limited as you think it is. The mind can transcend whatever limitations you think you may have. All you need is concentration and a stable and sharpened mind to focus on what you wish to see. So basically, go on a meditative retreat, develop a state of calm abiding aka, samadhi and you can come to realise anything.

The mind is just a tool, when you learn how to properly use it, the results are unbelievable.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have heard people reference the "collective unconscious" as a place where all information that ever has been or ever was is stored. The same people who have talked to me about this are using the same words as you. Should I just achieve a state of permanent collective unconscious recall then use that information to develop technology for everyone to experience that all the time, then allow the human race to truly grow? I'm not sure if this is possible but that is exactly where my mind goes when people say "any limit you place on your mind you can transcend". I tend to think "and be convinced" in a snowball effect, and as far as I can tell, when you actually believe in the magic is when the probability of it working skyrockets.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Not quite the permanent collective unconscious, more a state of rising above the physical world into the emptiness of the universe. If you are already an experienced meditator it should only take you about three weeks of straight meditation. If you want a more step by step guide of what i'm talking about and how it is attained PM me.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Return to “Beginners Info”