Fire+Water+Air = Earth ?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Fire+Water+Air = Earth ?

Post by RockDemon »

Hi guys, for a while I was thinking...
So we have this motto "As above so below, as below so above"

As far as I understand its meaning (or one of the meanings), it means that there are correspondences between the lower material plane and the higher spiritual plane.
For instance during the creation we have the first two elements come from Akasha then they combine and there is the mediator element Air. In the material world this is indeed the case Fire + Water and we have steam, sorts of air... Then during the creation Fire water and air combine and we have the earth element. However in our material world Fire + Water + Air doesn't result in earth ... What are your thoughts on this ?

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Fire+Water+Air = Earth ?

Post by Rin »

I think you're going with too literal a reading.

And it goes without saying that the "elements" as they exist physically (ie. flame, atmosphere, liquid and rock) are only the closest physical approximation of their higher equivalents. Nothing can exist physically which does not partake of all 4 elements, the substances/states which are used as metaphors for the elements are just those with ratios which most closely align with the respective element, and properties which most closely reflect them.

The creative process being described is the elements as they act on a mental/spiritual level. Perhaps think of it as more along the lines of "form/potentiality (fire) + substance/actuality (water) react to create an intermediary force (air), and the existence of all three at the same time allows for the conditions in which a process of condensation can take place(the emergence of Earth)."

Rinse repeat from the Mental level, to the astral level, to the physical level, and you have a really rough outline of the creative process being described, I believe.

Possibly the closest you can come to a metaphor using the physical elements is to consider the interaction of heat (energy) with substance. For the sake of the metaphor, have the substance start as a liquid - water (there are some holes in this, but that's another discussion).

So your liquid sustance (your water, or Water) becomes exposed to the effect of temperature/energy (Fire). This combination, with Fire in excess (a high temperature), results in the liquid converting to gas (air) via evaporation, while this combination, with the liquid in excess compared to the energy (a low temperature), results in condensation/solidification, or Earth (well, ice, but elementally speaking, at least for the sake of the metaphor, it's Earth).

At least that's my brief (and somewhat foggy, I'm a bit tired) interpretation. It's not perfect, I might come back and expand on it a bit when I'm a tad more awake and have time to go over the book. And of course the map is not the territory, etc.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

There is a whole bunch of different Greek philosophers that have made a much better reasoning of this than I can explain. So I highly recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Early-Greek-Phil ... 140448152/

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Rin wrote:I think you're going with too literal a reading.

And it goes without saying that the "elements" as they exist physically (ie. flame, atmosphere, liquid and rock) are only the closest physical approximation of their higher equivalents. Nothing can exist physically which does not partake of all 4 elements, the substances/states which are used as metaphors for the elements are just those with ratios which most closely align with the respective element, and properties which most closely reflect them.

The creative process being described is the elements as they act on a mental/spiritual level. Perhaps think of it as more along the lines of "form/potentiality (fire) + substance/actuality (water) react to create an intermediary force (air), and the existence of all three at the same time allows for the conditions in which a process of condensation can take place(the emergence of Earth)."

Rinse repeat from the Mental level, to the astral level, to the physical level, and you have a really rough outline of the creative process being described, I believe.

Possibly the closest you can come to a metaphor using the physical elements is to consider the interaction of heat (energy) with substance. For the sake of the metaphor, have the substance start as a liquid - water (there are some holes in this, but that's another discussion).

So your liquid sustance (your water, or Water) becomes exposed to the effect of temperature/energy (Fire). This combination, with Fire in excess (a high temperature), results in the liquid converting to gas (air) via evaporation, while this combination, with the liquid in excess compared to the energy (a low temperature), results in condensation/solidification, or Earth (well, ice, but elementally speaking, at least for the sake of the metaphor, it's Earth).

At least that's my brief (and somewhat foggy, I'm a bit tired) interpretation. It's not perfect, I might come back and expand on it a bit when I'm a tad more awake and have time to go over the book. And of course the map is not the territory, etc.
Hi Rin! Well yes there are some holes but I can see your point for ice to represent the Earth element. I will think about this some more. Thanks!
Desecrated wrote:There is a whole bunch of different Greek philosophers that have made a much better reasoning of this than I can explain. So I highly recommend this book:

Hey Des! Seems to be a great read with an affordable price. Thanks!

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

i actually use to practice for 30 years off and on with my schizophrenea i raise spiritual properties when doing so i blank everything out reapeat fire air water most times i say not a word but when i raise tele poles and single things i tend to use this path but last 10 year been in mad rush to focus my distan, the stabilness well i do stabilize things know whole ttowns time travel spots future spota and alot of levels TOWNS ACTUALLY REINFORCING THIS AUTO MATICALLY SOMEHOW SOME WAY....

hope my two bits help..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

cactusjack543 wrote:i actually use to practice for 30 years off and on with my schizophrenea i raise spiritual properties when doing so i blank everything out reapeat fire air water most times i say not a word but when i raise tele poles and single things i tend to use this path but last 10 year been in mad rush to focus my distan, the stabilness well i do stabilize things know whole ttowns time travel spots future spota and alot of levels TOWNS ACTUALLY REINFORCING THIS AUTO MATICALLY SOMEHOW SOME WAY....

hope my two bits help..
Hey cactusjack543
Thank you for your reply, sadly I only have experience of a few years so I am not able to comprehend, but I really appreciate your reply.
Desecrated wrote:There is a whole bunch of different Greek philosophers that have made a much better reasoning of this than I can explain. So I highly recommend this book:

Hey Desecrated! I just got the book! So is there any specific chapter I should read or just start the book from the beginning?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RockDemon wrote:
Hey Desecrated! I just got the book! So is there any specific chapter I should read or just start the book from the beginning?
I'm confused? Is there any other way to read a book than from cover to cover :D

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Desecrated wrote:
RockDemon wrote:
I'm confused? Is there any other way to read a book than from cover to cover :D

Good point! :D

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Hey so I read the book recently. Not that it gave me any specific answers but it was a very enjoyable read and soul food nonetheless. My views got expanded. Thanks Des.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

RockDemon wrote: In the material world this is indeed the case Fire + Water
Steam is Water + Air (water being cold and moist, and air being moist and hot) If you ever to combine Fire and Water, you will end up with a nuclear reaction...

My own thoughts are this. Fire is necessary to apply energy. Air is bound to Fire in order to provide life and movement. Water is what comes out of this. Earth only comes into being by the interaction of Fire and Air, through the mediumship of water (which is created by fire and air/breath)...

Therefor, Fire + Air + Water = Earth.

It's more physical then metaphysical.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Beginners Info”