Easiest training systems for beginners

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Easiest training systems for beginners

Post by Firice »

It seems that Franz Bardon's IIH is very weighty and has high-gearing but one needs to study additional texts a lot to fully reap the rewards from the recommended practices. I've also had a look at Liber null and psychonaut. Which would be a less weighty, easy to do, and short-term training system for magick for beginners ?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Easiest training systems for beginners

Post by Desecrated »

Firice wrote:It seems that Franz Bardon's IIH is very weighty and has high-gearing but one needs to study additional texts a lot to fully reap the rewards from the recommended practices. I've also had a look at Liber null and psychonaut. Which would be a less weighty, easy to do, and short-term training system for magick for beginners ?
Liber null is easier to start with. Modern magick or 'the one year manual' are other popular beginners courses that is easy to get into.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Honestly I'd say skip any of the magical training curriculum and just focus on basic meditation for a few months. You'll get further in 2 or 3 months of attending meditation classes at your local meditation center or buddhist temple than you will in twice that long trying to figure out how to make things work from books alone. Once you've got the basics down from a flesh and blood teacher then you can start on the book training if that's where you want to go.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Firice »

That's right. The training systems I've seen are actually rooted in meditation in the beginning.

Return to “Beginners Info”