The importance of casting a circle.

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

LadyLuck
Forum Member
Forum Member

The importance of casting a circle.

Post by LadyLuck »

Hello. When is it important to cast a circle? And at what point if any does this effect the outcome of what you're trying to achieve? Is it required at some level of manifestation?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: The importance of casting a circle.

Post by Desecrated »

LadyLuck wrote:Hello. When is it important to cast a circle? And at what point if any does this effect the outcome of what you're trying to achieve? Is it required at some level of manifestation?
Different traditions have different interpretations, but I found this text to be fairly informative:

"First, the what:

A magical circle is an energetic construct that you build or envision around yourself before working magic, doing a ritual, or sometimes even meditating. For a single magic worker or solitary witch.

Sometimes, the circle is defined by something in the physical world, such as a ring of candles or scarves, or perhaps just symbolic items at the four cardinal points. Other times, it’s defined simply on the energetic plane.

Next, the why:

A circle serves two main purposes.

It provides protection: you cast it with the intention that only positive and beneficent energies may enter or dwell within. This way, when you open yourself up to the energetic realm, you need not worry about picking up any energies or currents that are not for your truest good.

And, it serves as a container for your personal energy as well as the energy you conjure. Your power as a magical practitioner is clarified and magnified by the circle, sort of like a megaphone, or putting a cell phone in a cereal bowl to amplify its speaker."

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Let me add that It's also very useful as some kind of gate symbol. When you enter the circle you leave your ego and earthly persona outside. In the circle you are the infinite within and the creator's spark. There your superego or god acts and once you step out of it you reintegrate into your self your ego and earthly persona. That's also why having your own "magickal name" or motto and stating it as soon as you enter the circle and start the process helps to further let go of the bindings with the earth and achieve the needed mental frame.

Thinking about many other symbology in the circle and correspondences of course will further help your ceremonies.

And, Of course this is just for ceremonies. Low level shifts may be done even walking and instantly so no need / use.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

in addition to what has been said, a cast circle can also serve to contain the energies and affects/effects, basically preventing what you are doing from escaping your control.
Think of a circle as a partition from the outside world, or more accurately a firewall.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

LadyLuck
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LadyLuck »

thank you. Have you ever had anything negative happen sure to not casting one? Personally.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

The perimeter is also the demarcation that separates Time from the Timeless.At the circles edge the two meet as One.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Return to “Beginners Info”