Pentacle Diagrams

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pentacle Diagrams

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

Hello,

I have been reading a book from the beginner's reading list entitled Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig.
On page 114 there is a set of diagrams depicting strange lines with circles at the end. There is no explanation of what these diagrams mean or what there purpose is. Can anyone who has the book please inform me as to what they are and what they are used for?

Thank you

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Pentacle Diagrams

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I don't own his books , but I bet you mean these :

https://www.thoughtco.com/planetary-sea ... on-4123080

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

They are similar but not identical. I tried to upload a photo from my phone, a jog file, but I got the message file is not valid.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

What format do I need to convert to please?

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

TruthSeeker299 wrote:What format do I need to convert to please?
Truthfully , I am not sure of the best one...

But start a thread asking the best format to post images in *here* :

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

TruthSeeker299 wrote:Hello,

I have been reading a book from the beginner's reading list entitled Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig.
On page 114 there is a set of diagrams depicting strange lines with circles at the end. There is no explanation of what these diagrams mean or what there purpose is. Can anyone who has the book please inform me as to what they are and what they are used for?

Thank you
In the copy I accessed they do not appear on that page.However,what you refer to are glyphs/sigils derived from supposed names and epithets applied to the Hebrew God.

This book is certainly a beginners guide rather than an actual complete system.It is billed as the best selling book on magic over the last two decades.It may well be but it is also a flawed mix n' match of ideas taken mainly from the Golden Dawn system and Crowley plus pseudo-Kabbalistic permeates throughout.If you are drawn to this sort of thing you may consider Israel Regardie as a more reliable overview.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

Here is a link to a picture of the diagrams:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/mo ... yb1dsi.jpg

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

bump

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The "diagrams" are Sigils that can be formed by taking the numerical equivalents of Hebrew Letters and plotting them on a grid that is called a Magic Square. There are 22 letters in the Hebrew Alphabet so the Magic Square would need to be formulated in such a way as to satisfy the 22 values as well as the symmetry of the square.

The Sigil is drawn by beginning with a small circle and the first value as the starting point, and then to each corresponding number value, and ending with a small perpendicular line. The circle and ending line are mostly for aesthetics, but also indicates how the Sigil was drawn.

The first diagram: Adonai(Lord) Ha-aretz(of the Earth) is compound so in this case two Sigils are drawn.

These Sigils may be meditated upon, or you may print them and use them for display in appropriate Rituals.

Adonai Ha-aretz is the God Aspect of the 10th Emanation(Malkuth), and you may vibrate this name in the presence of the Sigil and/or visualize the Magical Image of this Sphere which is a young beautiful woman crowned and throned, as one of many Ritual activities of course.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Topper
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Topper »

Spida wrote:
A copy for here as well:

I suppose it is time to find another Forum. Not only has this one been abandoned for the most part, but I can't tolerate the sight of that Clown, and all of his fucking garbage any longer.

Adios

:-)

P.S. It looks like it's either back to OC, WF, or nothing. If WF I will create a new SN as I had trouble with this one last time.
Really? And back so soon..

Return to “Beginners Info”