Has anyone tried this? (Initiation into Hermetics)

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Has anyone tried this? (Initiation into Hermetics)

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

Hi,

I'm reading a book by Franz Bardon entitled 'Initiation into Hermetics'

In this book the author suggests that if a magician trains his mind he will be able to transfer his consciousness into an inanimate object, or, if he advances, into an animal or another person. I would say that I am an open minded person but I find this suggestion kind of hard to imagine. Has anybody ever tried it and what were the results?

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Has anyone tried this? (Initiation into Hermetics)

Post by Daud »

It's not really possible while the mind is still tied to the body. It can be done, however, but is rarely practiced and is considered pretty taboo.
There have been a few indian/tibetan yogis who have transferred their consciousness into other bodies. A famous case was Marpa Lotsawa's son Dharma Dode who transferred himself into the body of a recently deceased indian teenager named Tiphupa and later became a great scholar.

It's possible with Samadhi, but the ethical constraints required to attain that state would limit the practitioner pretty extensively. Possession isn't something that should be practiced lightly.

Inanimate objects, not really, as they don't possess the energetic bonds capable of holding consciousness. You can definitely influence them extensively through single pointed samadhi but you can't actually become them.
Hope this was helpful.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Neglected to mention, possession of an animal would have negative imprints for future rebirth so if you ever get that far, don't do it.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Yeah, that’s something that always disturbs me as well. There he mentions some other stuff as well that are unbelievable.
But then I’m just trying the step 1 and stuck for years on that. The no mind state and holding it for 10 minutes. If you are going to practice this book you’ll quickly see how impossible it is to just pass to that state and control it for 10 seconds not 10 minutes. But trying that for years and still failing at it reassures me that if you actually do make to that state the rest is just a play and easily possible.

I hope this doesn’t discourage you and I wish you just easily get past step 1.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

ambasador time land of animal behaviorr friend too friend rely is best metttthodddd ...
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

TruthSeeker299 wrote:Hi,

I'm reading a book by Franz Bardon entitled 'Initiation into Hermetics'

In this book the author suggests that if a magician trains his mind he will be able to transfer his consciousness into an inanimate object, or, if he advances, into an animal or another person. I would say that I am an open minded person but I find this suggestion kind of hard to imagine. Has anybody ever tried it and what were the results?
The initial practice of this (in Step 3) is merely an imagination exercise, and it is not an actual projection of consciousness unless you do it wrong. However, the imagination exercises are an important prerequisite, because they develop strict concentration and other mental faculties to a point where actual transplantation of conscious awareness becomes a natural next step.

When I first successfully expanded my consciousness from my body into an object, it wasn't actually while practicing the IIH exercise, but while practicing Psychokinesis as one of my mentors taught it. I meditated on a candle flame until I achieved a focal state where the mind was intently concentrated, and then I "moved" my center of awareness into the flame until I felt like I was the flame. At that point, moving the flame was no different from moving my finger - it was a natural extension of consciousness, exactly as my body was. That's besides the spiritual paradigm shift of actually experiencing consciousness as something immaterial.

When I first transferred consciousness into an animal, the subject was an ant, and it was an entirely accidental incident. Fire Ants were a terrible problem where I lived at the time, but I didn't hate them as others did around me. I instead wanted to meditate on them and try to understand them. So, similar to the candle flame, I simply sat and watched them with intent concentration while trying to contemplate their mysteries. In the middle of one such session, my consciousness simply left my body on its own, and I was suddenly inside one of the ants that I had been watching. I fully experienced not just that ant, but through its senses, the entire colony as part of my own being. I felt enlightened on their nature, and felt a bond with the Spirit of Ants. Besides the spiritual benefits of that experience, there was also a magical benefit to that experience - from that day forth, the Fire Ants in that area did not bite me again, except on one occasion where I accidentally disturbed a colony. Even then, there was only a single bite to let me know my mistake. Anyone who knows Fire Ants should know how interesting that is.

One of the bigger experiences I had was in a park, however. On this occasion, too, I was not actively practicing Transference of Consciousness, but was simply meditating in a park. As my awareness expanded beyond my body during the nature meditation, enjoying a bathing of the elements, there was a moment where something just "clicked" and I "plugged in" to the park itself. Not a single plant, or single animal or single type of thing - the entire Eco-system of the park. Every plant, every creature, every human...every blade of grass and insect, every breeze, every little and big thing that happened within the boundary of that immediately local eco-system became a part of me, and I became a part of it. I was no longer my body, just "me" alone, but part of Nature, and I experienced that in a very direct and profound way.

There have been many other such experiences over the years, some smaller and some bigger, but these are the relatively normal ones and are all things that you can achieve with Bardon's exercise with practice. Aside from the basic spiritual benefits, Bardon's instructions on transferring your consciousness into other humans is an important prerequisite to some of his more profound healing techniques. You can heal anyone from any distance if you simply extend your consciousness into them, or imagine yourself as them as such, and then work the necessary changes internally. I once performed a long distance exorcism using this method as well, so it has many applications indeed. It's not a possession, but rather a "tuning in" to their frequency, as it were.

Thus, based on my direct experiences I would not only firmly say that this practice is "possible," but I also dare to say that it is an important requirement for anyone seeking the Path of Wisdom - particularly as a Magician. You must learn to expand your mind and spirit beyond your body. Not only to realize that you are not your brain and get passed that nonsense to pursue real spiritual gnosis, but also to become a part of nature in a real and direct way. This gnosis is a prerequisite for henosis, which is the primary goal of The Way of The True Adept (Bardon's original title for the book).

Consciousness and energy are in absolutely everything that exists. If you can't even put your consciousness in a rock, how can you expect to expand your consciousness into the Grand Divinity?

~:Shin:~

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

I haven't done it in the sense of actually possessing something, but it's definitely possible to manipulate your concept of self into something else.

Treat yourself like a sculpture, then sculpt. You start at you, then similar to how you can visualize say, a triangle, try to morph your entire awareness into a visualization. It's similar to a point shift projection. If you've ever looked at a nice painting and felt lost in it, the process is an exaggerated version of that.

I found it hard to imagine being things that I had never experienced (for obvious reasons), so I started by trying to "become a cube". Visualizing looking at a cube from all six sides at once gave me the initial understanding of "not I" that I needed to be more creative and try "being" other things.

I wouldn't recommend pushing very hard at all when trying to transform your own mind because it's a bit delicate. I've found that moving too quick results in synaesthesia and would seem to lead to psychosis.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Return to “Beginners Info”