Automated Writing / Typing

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: peaorganism

Any body here practice this?

I've been meaning to get into this for a while. I figure automated typing would keep all the random doodling at bay.

I know that it all depends on trance.

ATM, I use binaural beats to get me into trance. What next?

Are there hypnosis tapes around that can guide me through this?

I've been looking around for a daily practice system / Guide that actually works.

(Also, what theory do you subscribe to? Your subconscious mind talking to you or spirits and ghosts?)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hmm ... looks like this is not so popular round here

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: bakeneko

Well, I read a bit about it...but can not say much, as I never practiced it. Maybe this goes the same for most people here...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica

I practice this. I am not to good at it yes but I do train on it as this is a skill like any other that can be trained and it is quite interesting. I do not use a trance, just pen and paper and patience.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: AstralMagickCraft

I keep turning up expletives, but not in an angry way "sdfjhasnbtrekjbvsdfjhiohgohsh**yeahbabysfdjakl;sjgdkfdjgfdg;"

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: MagiAwen

I have practiced auto writing and typing for a while now...although I don't know any other ways to get it working more or better except for meditation and practice.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica

One tip I got was to sit with a pen and a notebook in hand while one watch TV or the mind is otherwise occupied. The it is more easy for whatever caused the automatic writing to occur to give messages while it do not have to worry about the conscious mind interfering in what is being written.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I can manage to get myself into trance quite easily.

Well ,I get to a very groggy state where 'I' seem to be floating in my head ,having lost almost all body awareness.

What next?

Any directions?

Have been looking searching online for pdfs / sites with clear cut guidance but I haven't had much luck with it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: enlilki

peaorganism, If you like, I can send you instructions on how it can be done

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Just to get this topic going again. Sometimes it is not neccesary to do much to do automatic writing, just sit down with a piece of paper and a pen and ask a question and just write down the first thing witch comes to mind, at first the answer will be of your doing, but after a while you will by this learn to let other forces write through you. Just let yourself go and do not worry about it, that would be my best advice on this.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I've never really tried this myself, although I would like to.

My mother has a friend who does automatic writing, apparently the products of it can be quite scary sometimes. I wonder how directly linked it is to mediumship, I've never been a terribly good medium

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Automatic writing is a a type of mediumship it is just that messages come out as writing instead of as spoken words, but it is the same, letting the forces and Spirits speak through you.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Shaam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaam »

Yup...it's a form of mediumistic channeling.

I've done it both ways...just with a piece of paper and pen. Also on the computer.

My maternal grandmother, who was a Methodist minister's wife, did automatic writing for people. She lived with us, and when ladies would come to see her (nice god-fearing women..lol), we would be scurried out of the kitchen...so Nana could have her 'meetings'. I was nosy...and sneaked down the back stairs that opened into the kitchen...lol.

My mother told me that Nana had been doing that for years, and if my grandfather ever knew about it...he never said a word to her about it...lol.
Life is an Adventure, there's something new around every corner.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I have heard about pepole doing autoc writing on the computer, do you have any idea about how it is done or any exersises witch might be good to use to learn this ability?

Shaam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaam »

I usually tell my students to meditate in front of the computer with eyes closed. After the meditation helps you ground, then sit quietly either with eyes closed or not really focusing on anything. Allow your mind to reach out and wander.

You can ask a question..from someone specific if you feel you know them and they seem close, or just ask to be led thru the exercise.

Place hands on keyboard. When the channeling begins, you may/will feel a sense of power..however small that might be.

What generally happens to me..is my focus goes..I know what is going on everywhere...but my unfocused focus is directed to the keyboard. Then you become aware that something outside of yourself is directing your fingers.

I don't spend time on this much anymore. Once in awhile, something will come thru. I just accept it when it does...there is a reason for it...whether a message for me...or someone else.

Now, when I do this...it is more of a spontaneous event.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Thank you su much for the information. I will have to try this it sounds really interesting. Again thanks. :)

Shaam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaam »

One of the best things to do...is not to 2nd guess yourself...lol.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Yes but that is the dificult thing now, to not let logic and consious thinking process get in the way, not to second guess everything you get, that is the real hard part to any medium activity.

Shaam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaam »

You're right. That really is a bad problem. It's one of those things...you just have to take on faith.

If you have a good solid foundation to work with, and are well grounded...you know you should be able to trust yourself enough to accept the messages as they come. Someone rings in on your telephone...you answer...lol.

Doubting yourself and 2nd guessing is a Big hurdle to overcome, and everyone just has to work thru that in their own time.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Sometimes one do not get sensible information, either one do not get anything it is all you, or what you get is just in broken segments, but it is better than to after the channeling is done to sit and read it and then determine if it is useful information and not sit and second guess things while you are at it, for then you will not get anything, or at least this is so in my experience.

Shaam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaam »

True. Also..sometimes information comes in ways we are not used to seeing it. That's also where rereading it and taking the time to think it thru which can take a few days sometimes..before you reach an "Aha" moment of discovery.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

That is true, it is not always that easy to see the meaning in what one get and it might take a bit of time to get it. :)

Return to “Beginners Info”