Best Alchemy Books

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: KoningKaas

Im looking for some good books about alchemy, ive been searching amazon etc , but ive noticed that i mostly when i start searching about a topic , it dousnt find you the real good ones, and none of them are listed in theyre Listmania and stuff like that..

So when i goto forums and find out that most books i find arent that good...
most of em arent bad, but mostly theyre other better ones wich give more information for example.

So i decided to make an topic here..

please give me your thoughts! :angel:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Original post: Khered

Alchemy & Mysticism by Alexander Roob is a wonderful book. It is mostly pictures with commentary. I find it to explain much on a spiritual level of Alchemy.

The Weiser Concise Guide to Alchemy would be decent for you if you are interested in literal lab Alchemy.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Original post: Rawiri

Alchemists Handbook by Frater Albertus
Path of Alchemy by Mark Stavish

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Original post: LucianAccendus

Ave

Rawiri stole two of the books I was going to mention :)

Two books that would be good for beginners are:

"Alchemy Unveiled" by Johannes Helmond
"The Sorcerer's Stone" by Dennis William Hauck.

Personally speaking, Hauck has some new agey ideas that aren't really consistent with traditional alchemy, but he still does a great job of explaining key points of alchemy to those with no experience with them.

Also, reading some texts off of http://levity.com/alchemy/ should give you a well rounded intro to alchemy. And this page is an index of a publication called the Alchemy Journal which is put out by Hauck and his group. http://www.alchemylab.com/journal.htm#Issues

Konx Om Pax

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Original post: KoningKaas

Thanks!

Will check up on them.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Best Alchemy Books

Original post: Clover

If you're looking for the originals of bygone centuries and other works of great alchemists since out of print, you could try this site:

http://www.wierus.com/

It's mostly one-off items, but good to browse if you're interested, especially seeings as the books you'll find here are the kind you can't just readily buy. Not that there is anything wrong with modern writing, but personally, I think it can be great to peruse the works of our predecessors when looking into any of the extensive arts. It'll put you out of pocket, though.

elenatrintas
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Best Alchemy Books

Post by elenatrintas »

Hi, that is an interesting question :). I am a keen explorer and I love reading about alchemy. My knowledge goes as far as reading and trying to apply what I've read within the self-development sphere. Yet, I would sincerely recommend a book I read recently: A-Ma Alchemy of Love by Nataša Pantović Nuit. Set 17th century China, during the Age of Enlightenment and during some major clashes between the two opposite ways of thinking, Eastern and Western philosophy, it highlights the true wisdom of alchemy and its application within the day-to-day world and within the setting of the alchemy of society. Even though it is a fiction story, its main subject is the alchemy of soul from the Christian point of view (viewed from the point of view of Reuben, a Jesuit Priest who is a missioner in China) and the Chinese Alchemy / magic and the way it developed in relationship with the core Chinese yin and yang philosophy. It is anyhow an interesting and fascinating read. For further reading check: https://www.amazon.com/Ma-Ms-Natasa-Nui ... 9995754193

Return to “Beginners Info”