A career in Magick & Predictive Arts...'

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: spiritoflove

Hiya,

I have spoke to some people on other sites...and basically they have said it is not possible to have a career in Magick/Predictive Arts because people are not fully interested in this area...that they knew people who opened a shop and no one bought from them...

Sowhat about mail order, and the ones that say they can do magick for others? Then what happens if the Magick does not work...surely they would write back and complain...I mean they have to be a 100 % sure that they know what they are doing or is it all done with a style like " I have opened up the channels for positive energy to flow....etc...but what about those that profess to bring back the lover, etc...?

I find this fascinating, the ones who make a career out of it...what are your views, do you know any that do this and do you know that it would work...?

What about Tarot as a Career would this work or would it have to be brought in with other areas...and to go into the mystical as a business one would need money to begin with...have any of you thought of going into business - have any of you earned money from the occult, etc...or do you see this side of your life just as an "interest"...the thing is I think I have allowed the spiritual and occult to become all consuming so I strive to make money from it...when I now realise I should aim for something else...and keep this as an "Interest"...

Hoping you all have some interesting views, tips and answers....

Best Wishes and as Ever in Light

SOL

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Ashnook

I plan on opening up an occult shop after I graduate. Though im my area there is only 1 other one and thats an hour away...not to mention it sucks. Also all buisnesses crap out the first 2 or 3 years.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: spiritoflove

Hiya,

I think if you look at the adverts in the psychic magazines a lot is the 0898 numbers, psychic chatlines...and the people who I have come across seem to earn a living just from say doing astrology, others have a different job and use their interest in the occult as a side line to bring in money...

I think mail order is a good way, like selling knick knacks of stuff...the actual people I wrote to about ten years ago for magick were not really sending me anything all they were doing was sending a crystal and telling me to light a candle at certain times...none of it worked...'

yet, I know there are real genuine magickal people out there who can get powerful results for people...I would love to chat to these type of people and ask them how they do it...I think with everything there has to be a different unique approach when going into a magickal business...a lot of people still frown upon the occult...maybe it has to be done with a dare u believe motive.......

Can you do magick for others...and with the business side how are you going to market things?

In Light

SOL

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Ashnook

Yes I would do magick for someone so long as it was clear that any side effects would be on them and NOT ME. Its going to be an occult shop selling books and tools as well have giving lessons. I have no clue about the buisness aspect of it to be honest. My older sister is planning on helping me out with that. But what I suggest for you would be to run ads in major newspapers and the internet. Just remember that you are going to spend a sh*t load of money advertising and may not see a return profit for a while.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: benhunt7

nice dude, ur buildin a shop?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Wiseone

well i would like to open a bar and inn for practioners you know when i get out of school but that is only my fantasy!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: dakota

I would think that an individual would have a difficult time trying to maintain a career in the occult arts. It seems likely that most people consider the occult to be nothing more than a collection of scams, or think it's the "work of Satan," and not even bother to check it out. But then again, maybe if a shop opened up in an area full of curious and open-minded people, then perhaps that particular shop may have a surge in customers.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Wiseone

maybe it will be best to open a shop in europe or asia since they seem to be more customers as there are a lot of occultists there who arent afraid to show who they are i guess.

Return to “Beginners Info”