Altar Direction - LBRP Direction

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: spiritoflove

Hi,

Can someone please give me guidance upon the direction of the altar...' I will explain...you see I have my altar in the North, so I face the North and obviously the Altar is facing me...

the thing is when I do the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, I start, facing East and end facing East...do any of you find this to be odd when and if you have the Altar in the North point of the room?

I am joining AMORC, waiting for my first intro package...and I wonder if they have the Altar in the East or North...if they have an Altar at all?

Look forward to your help and insights ....

SpiritofLove

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: doh

Not a big one for LBRP myself. Know how it's done, have done it, but use my own methods. So, with that aside, take what I say with a grain of salt.

Almost EVERYTHING I do starts and begins with the east. My understanding, though my altars vary depending on where I am (can you tell I'm not big on ceremony yet? hehehe), is that, when you face it, it should be your beginning point. Many other aspects hold to that, including basic feng shui. I find if I start, facing the area which I am using to focus, in the east, the attibutes of the east are easier to attain.

Only my personal experience.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Nero

I am unsure what the AMORC is but since you are asking about the LBRP I am assuming it is a CM group. Alter placement is up to you. Most magicians put it in the center of the room but not all. Use whatever works for you. Facing east is a very Egyptian thing to do and was picked up by the Golden Dawn for all their rituals. If your system uses another direction then go with it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Frater Manjet

The G.'.D.'. employs several different halls i.e. Neophyte hall, Zelator hall etc... and the altar position varies accordingly.

I am not familiar enough with the AMORC to speak with any authority. I am sure that as an initiatory group their methods will be set forth in it's curriculum.

I have a primary "double cubical" altar, four elemental altars, one in each quarter, as well as one each for the stations of Dadouchos and the Stolistes.

I hope this helps.

Om A Piap (210/3)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: kalki

The Sun rises in the east and thus by begining work there we acknowledge the Rays of insight, even "The Golden Dawn"
Work in the North is the domain of the hidden.
The East as the begining as a virgin
The South~ The sun is a t full height giving full life~The Mother
In the West she sets and withers~The Crone.
The North....Beware the seeker into the cave. There she will find the Dread Lord.

All ritual should be a reflection of the natural order of things.

Evcen if you don not follow the TRiple Goddess/Horned God then you can see that by reflecting the seasons there are three seasons of life~Sping Summer Autumn and one that is "not". Most ancient rituals are based agriculturally, grand rites employed at the solstices and equinox. These represent real, actual markers, and should always be acknowledged.

Add to this the phases of the moon and you will understand when where and how to perform rituals?

I cannot speak for AMORC, but if things do not seem natural, then its probably wrong.

Blessed Be.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: martin

I personally place my altar in the centre of my circle and face the direction that most strongly corresponds to the work to be done. I only make an exception in a couple of cases, and that is when I'm evoking etc I sit with my back to the North and face the South. Power flows from North to South, hidden to manifest, and therefore I reciev from my back and project from my front. It is in light of this that I even use water from local streams & rivers that run North to South. I also draw my circle from the North (traditionally the place of power in witchcraft for it is of the Earth) to the North to honour the fact that the Sun comes from the hidden Earth womb and will eventually return there.

FFFF
Martin

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Orion

Hey SOL,

Amorc ritual always places the the Alter or point of power in the East. Home sanctum members are asked to place their 'alter' in the east and in the Lodges and Temples it is the same. This is the place 'whence comes forth LIGHT!'

It is also mentioned in the higher degrees that the 'spiritual' energies of the earth flow from east to west and that the great Masters also face east when the pray and seek to 'create'.

Hope this helps.

;)

Peace Profound

Orion

Return to “Beginners Info”