Your favorite Greek God/Dess?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Mannun

I like Poseidon and Aphrodite, however the God and Goddess I work with on a regular basis are Celtic based.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Master 27

Hekate
The Dark One

-Ater

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: HecatesDarkWitch

[QUOTE=Centrix;334195]Ah, start on Lucian, then Longus, then Achilles Tatius, then Antonius Diogenes, then Heliodorus, then Apuleius.

You have some catching up, yes.[/QUOTE]

LOL Sounds like that i do friend. I'm still an amature in this even though i've been in'
the Craft now for over two years. But like i've always said, you never stop learning.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Sheosyrath;336350]Gaia, Ouranos, Nyx, Tartarus, Typhon, Erebus, Eros[/QUOTE]

i've worked with Nyx before, but, She just didn't fit in with me at the time that i did
a spell work and i just left Her alone. No offense to Her really, just wasn't right for me
to be with Her. Hecate's just an awesome Dark Goddess.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Tevnon;335043]I've worked a lot with Athena. Athena called to me before I even knew others in the modern age even still worshipped the old gods. I've worked magic with Athena, performed celebratory rites in her honor, and had her appear in visions.
I once had a near death experience. It was Athena who greeted me at the gates to the after life, though she sent me back to live again.[/QUOTE]

wow, that's a very interesting story. i guess that She sent you back to work for Her,
what did you think after you seen Her after life?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Aurum;334887]Poseidon, I'm even making a T-shirt to wear of him, lol.[/QUOTE]

hey, that's far out. that's a gr8 idea to do. i like being creative also about my Dark Goddess, and try to do things for Her like that when i'm not in a ritual.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica

Circe and Hermes off course. My patrons. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: DevilBees

Hephaestus, terrible god of the forge and spitting game.

Only ugly god and he's still banging Aphrodite.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Tevnon

[QUOTE=HecatesDarkWitch;336770]wow, that's a very interesting story. i guess that She sent you back to work for Her,
what did you think after you seen Her after life?[/QUOTE]

Well, the first change which was obvious is that any remaining doubts I had were blown out of the water. Only once since have I come to question the worship of the old gods, and even then it was a question of if it was healthy, not of if they do or do not exist (and I quickly got over those doubts as well).
Anyway, beyond that after my near death experience for the longest time I was totally immersed in magic. My circumstances happened to be such that I could only survive by magic for a time. The same condition that led to the near death experience, still as of yet undiagnosed to this day despite countless doctor visits, was getting in the way of working. I had to learn to survive on magic alone, which I was generally successful at. I also had tremendous success at pretty much any type of magic I attempted, often on the first try, and I would see spirits frequently.
I've since worked with many magical systems, but I always eventually come back to some form of Paganism, and in particular Athena; though I generally don't buy all the dogmas and such of Paganism in general.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Azerate218

Hecate and Typhon.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Saylamine

One of the first deities to speak to me was Hecate. For awhile, I also felt connected to Aphrodite as well, but her presence waned with me over time.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: BlackPaw

Hermes Trismegistus, or was he a philosopher only?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: rainbowgreen

For some reason I have a strong fondness for Prometheus and Aires.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Sheosyrath
HecatesDarkWitch;336769 wrote:i've worked with Nyx before, but, She just didn't fit in with me at the time that i did
a spell work and i just left Her alone. No offense to Her really, just wasn't right for me
to be with Her. Hecate's just an awesome Dark Goddess.
I am not with any god or goddess, especially one of Greek decent. I only use them when needed, which is rare. She is a goddess of night, and I do most of my business at night. She was one of the first in Greek tradition, and those first and foremost ones are the only ones I ever put forth effort to use.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Carmin

Hecate, my patroness, guide and friend. She walked me through the gates of hell more than once. On an odd note, I recently found out that the goddess Carmenta may have been absorbed by Her, or be an alternate aspect. Synchronicity is a beautiful thing :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: I.N.R.I.

50% of the posts have said hecate...

The only one I have had direct experience with is Ares.

I feel a kind of ease of attunement when invoking him I've never felt with other entities/gods.

The only vulture I've ever seen here in my state was during one of these invocations. Go figure.

I also like Cronus: he eats babies.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Cristop

Hades :P similar to satan i believe

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Saylamine;337167]One of the first deities to speak to me was Hecate. For awhile, I also felt connected to Aphrodite as well, but her presence waned with me over time.[/QUOTE]

Saylamine,
Hecate spoke to me all through my life as well. I knew Her by Her name, and thus,
making me Her Dark Child. I've done Hecate rites a lot that gives me more of Her knowledge about Her, and as well as Powers of Her.
Thanks for responding.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Carmin;337865]Hecate, my patroness, guide and friend. She walked me through the gates of hell more than once. On an odd note, I recently found out that the goddess Carmenta may have been absorbed by Her, or be an alternate aspect. Synchronicity is a beautiful thing :D[/QUOTE]

yes, She is my patroness as well. I have always Invoked her on the New moon.
and have done some rites FOR HER as well.
She has helped me with life in so much over the years.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Cristop;337879]Hades :P similar to satan i believe[/QUOTE]
Hades is cool, I've got to admit that. LOL I've invoked Him in the Ouija Board TWICE for Samhain. LOL It was awesome too! The power in that Ouija Board! WOW!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Rena_Logn

Hecate is not a Greek goddess, nor is she the goddess of the crossroads. At least, that's not who the real Hecate is. That's what the Greeks did to her so that they could squeeze her into their pantheon.

The real Hecate was from Anatolia (Turkey), and she was a nature and wildlife goddess who also governed childbirth. So she was quite a bit like Artemis. The Greeks adopted Hecate, but altered her character to suit their pantheon, as Artemis could not be displaced. Her real functions were stripped away and she became the goddess of the crossroads. Her association with magic came even later.

Anyway. My favorite Greek god is Artemis. Prometheus is a close second, followed in third by Athena.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Buggy166

i havent worked with any but hecate i feel a attraction for somehow subconciously, apollo due to the arts and i could DEFINATELY use some help from aphrodite but..ya know...gotta look into it heh

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Kath_

Ἑκάτη

- 'Hekate'
- pronounced "rough breath-ay-ka-teh"
- meaning "far reaching"/"influence afar"/"omnipotent"

And I do mean Hekate the TITAN. Hekate the ancient chthonic goddess. Hekate worshiped in some cities in the east as divinity-matriarch. Hekate who's dominion was the earth, sky, and underworld all three. Hekate the only Titan that Zeus & Poseidon decided to avoid fighting with when they plotted to overthrow the Titans and establish the Olympian dynasty of gods.
...I do not mean the more modern greek Hekate (scary mysterious underworld lady), or the romanized Hecate (there are no C's in greek) nor 'Trivia' (3-road'), nor the elderly aspect of goddess triads. I mean the early greek (and pre-greek) Ἑκάτη the Titan.

And she is also where my name comes from.
Kathryn, a modern celt spelling of a name that has changed many times over the last 2700 years. In its original form the name read â??Εκατερινη (Hekaterine) in archaic greek. It means alternatively 'from Hekate', 'of Hekate', or 'like Hekate'.

and now you maybe see something more in the font style of my signature picture ;)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: 1911

Bacchus is the man but I'm not big on the bitter resin tasting wines (that stuff you sell/import to us is pretty good though) give me some Ouzo but don't give it to me flaming, you are burning precious alcohol off of it!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Spade

I feel a pull towards Aphrodite and Ares, though I have not worked with either. I plan on invoking them when I am more knowledgeable.

Return to “Religous superstitions, Folk traditions and Lores”