Does anyone know about Seidre?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: jorindajoringel

I tried a simple journey within the Seidre technique and it was so damn powerful. I'm not exactly sure why. Being part Anglo I thought maybe it was some genetic memory thing. I set a stage, cleaned house, visualized protective runes around me and myself on a forest path. Simple enough, right? I went into a deep trance and travelled down this path and saw the tree of life and there was met by a man - with no eyes - who showed me the answers I was looking for in the palm of his hand. Please note - what little information I could find about the craft of Seidre said one should not attempt it alone.. but I did. I set out to discover who had betrayed me(that's another story no longer of importance). I was awakened by my cell phone ringing at 2am. I came back.. checked my voice mail and it was MY OWN VOICE replaying a message I had left on someone's elses phone a few days earlier saying, "hello (Betrayers Name Here) how are you, etc...".

So my question is - does anyone know anything more about this fabulous fine art because I have exhausted my recources and I am a believer.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Reise

I haven't purchased it yet myself, but James Chisolm and Stephen E. Flowers' A Source-Book of Seið seems to be quite extensive, if you are looking for an authentic/traditionalist point of view.

If not, keep exploring it yourself - what you find will be your own. ;)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello Reise - Thank you very much. I will definitely check it out. I'm especially curious to read what two men have to say about a journey craft that I understood to be practiced only by Nordic women.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Rick

Look for Voluspa: Seidhr As Wyrd Consciousness by Yngona Desmond

http://www.amazon.com/Voluspa-Seidhr-as ... 811&sr=1-1

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi Rick -

Thanks much. Looks good.

:p

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Skeptismo118

The Flowers and Chisholm book is a concordance of origiunal material on Seidr, including the original Norse texts and translations. It provides little analysis or commentary and is designed to act as a resource for those who either lack access to the primary sources in other contexts or who wouldlike the original texts.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Reise

[QUOTE=Skeptismo118;304808]The Flowers and Chisholm book is a concordance of origiunal material on Seidr, including the original Norse texts and translations. It provides little analysis or commentary and is designed to act as a resource for those who either lack access to the primary sources in other contexts or who wouldlike the original texts.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind.

In that case, this book would be of little use to someone seeking a formal teaching or instruction upon Seið tradition.

For one who is forging their own path or interpretation unguided, however â?? a treacherous sea for many â?? this book would be of subtle value; A source of inspiration.

To the OP I recommend conducting your own research into both of the above-mentioned sources, and always try to discriminate the solid wisdom from the watered-down fluff. ;)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Skeptismo118;304808]The Flowers and Chisholm book is a concordance of origiunal material on Seidr, including the original Norse texts and translations. It provides little analysis or commentary and is designed to act as a resource for those who either lack access to the primary sources in other contexts or who wouldlike the original texts.[/QUOTE]

That's okay - My attraction to Seidr is not academic - it's intuitive. The original Norse text without analysis may be preferred as long as the translation is quality. I'm not expecting specific technique. If there is a foggy metaphor or if anything is lost in translation I have some resources and could contact Dr Flowers directly. I located him in Texas running at the Woodharrow Institute.

The_Sorceress
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Does anyone know about Seidre?

Post by The_Sorceress »

Only the old stuff practiced in the Edda. I dont know the modern ways.

Return to “Religous superstitions, Folk traditions and Lores”