How to induce lucid dreaming

Emergent or individual religions, small groups or individualised, modern practices.

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to induce lucid dreaming

Post by johnnathan »

I would like to lucid dream but don't know how, any ideas?

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to induce lucid dreaming

Post by Rin »

I'm not sure, but the few times I've experienced it, it's been in the early hours of the morning during the last hour or two of sleep, after a long night of deep rest.

Honestly I've never found it anything special, certainly not worth going out of your way to experience, but that's just me.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

A good way to attempt to induce a state of lucid dreaming is to tell yourself before you go to sleep that you will dream lucidly, and that whenever you can see your hands you will be in control of the dream. Repeat these instructions to yourself before you go to sleep so that your mind will remember them.

During a dream, as soon as you realise you're dreaming, try to look at your hands. As soon as you can see your hands you will trigger your memory that once you can see your hands in the dream state you will be in control of the dream and you will begin to dream lucidly. This technique works for me the majority of the time, and I find the transition from dream to lucid dream is soft enough to not wake me up, allowing me to dream lucidly for what feels like hours at a time.

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

johnnathan wrote:I would like to lucid dream but don't know how, any ideas?
Unique experience !!! I hope this will help you,dear friend...good luck.

http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream
Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

markwillson
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by markwillson »

Case wrote:A good way to attempt to induce a state of lucid dreaming is to tell yourself before you go to sleep that you will dream lucidly, and that whenever you can see your hands you will be in control of the dream. Repeat these instructions to yourself before you go to sleep so that your mind will remember them.

During a dream, as soon as you realise you're dreaming, try to look at your hands. As soon as you can see your hands you will trigger your memory that once you can see your hands in the dream state you will be in control of the dream and you will begin to dream lucidly. This technique works for me the majority of the time, and I find the transition from dream to lucid dream is soft enough to not wake me up, allowing me to dream lucidly for what feels like hours at a time.
Thanks for sharing the way pf lucid dreaming.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

There was one website that was really good about explaining how to lucid dream, Basically you need to graph out you your 6th,7th, and 8th hour sleep rhythms, between REM and stage 2 sleep. Just before going back to sleep set the cooking timer for the proper time span (12-20 minutes) to wake you just before the onset of stage 2 sleep. Works great with consistent practice.

Evander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Evander »

Amorte,

The best reliable way is to train "Reality Check". Takes but a few weeks of practice. Writing down your dreams also helps, but you don't need to be too exact about them (focus on unusual elements, general story line and your own look).

Performing LBRP before going to sleep is also very practical (in fact I recommend performing it also in the morning).

Reality Check:
- set your clock or you smartphone to produce a sound every hour/30 minutes in order to remind you about performing Reality Check.

When you hear the signal, do the following tests to your reality:
- gaze upon your hands for a while, close your eyes, open and see if they changed. If not, you are probably not dreaming
- take notice of any board with letters on it. Read the sentence. Turn your head away, look at the board again. If the sentence remained the same, you are probably not dreaming
- approach any switch, or a computer keyboard. turn on and off or write few letters. If all buttons are working as intended, you are probably not dreaming
- attempt a supernatural phenomena (the one you fail to do in waking life btw) like changing a colour of a physical item (touch it), levitating, creating a flames in your hand etc. If you succeed, you are probably dreaming.

- Say, preferably aloud to yourself, the results of your reality check. If you believe you are not dreaming, say it: "This is not a dream. I am not sleeping".

If you get a habit of regularly performing Reality Check, one day you will do this in your dreams. The moment you do realize you are dreaming, congratulations, you just got Lucid Dream.
Great things have small beginnings.

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

POSTER EDIT: Most text was deleted and will be moved to it's own thread.

All that being said, when you do get to lucidly dream, I hope you get to experience flying. It's one of the best feelings in the world, is very liberating, and it's even better when you have full control. Be sure to let us know how everything turns out!

Zeon
Last edited by Zeon1985 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Case wrote:A good way to attempt to induce a state of lucid dreaming is to tell yourself before you go to sleep that you will dream lucidly, and that whenever you can see your hands you will be in control of the dream. Repeat these instructions to yourself before you go to sleep so that your mind will remember them.
Honestly, I dream lucidly perhaps 90% of the time. For me it comes easily enough that there have frequently been times when it has left me exhausted the following day. Case's technique is essentially how I started out, except for the 'hands' part.

Case, Dude, I actually tried the hands thing for the first time the other night because I had read this, and it then occurred to me that I had never bothered to deliberately look at my hands before. Weird, eh? Anyway, I took a look at my hands only to realize that I had become a thing of shadow. It was really quite interesting, and not at all what I was expecting; usually I'm wearing animal hide and cloth.

I think the lucidity thing for me is made easier in part by a healthy sense of scepticism. While there are certainly times when I head off to bed with the deliberate intent of dreaming lucidly, it usually kicks in on it's own when I am confronted in the dream state by something I know to be untrue, or perhaps contrary to how I perceive, or am governed by the laws of physics during my normal waking state. In other words, as soon as The Dead start turning up, or things are flying that ought not to, or my cat is talking to me with a Russian accent, I realize where I am and sort of take things from there.

In truth, I believe Lucid Dreaming is an inate ability that we all posess.
I also think it's actually really easy to over-think the whole thing, or perhaps for some: to fall victim to new age charlatanry.

My advice is to find one simple technique --like Case's excellent example-- and just stick with it.
Don't over-read, don't over-think, just do it until it works.

It's like anything.
The more you practice the more adept [har-har] you will become. [greensmile]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

All that being said, when you do get to lucidly dream, I hope you get to experience flying. It's one of the best feelings in the world, is very liberating, and it's even better when you have full control. Be sure to let us know how everything turns out!
Hel yeah,lol.
For me driving a car at breakneck speeds expertly ,like Jason Statham on amphetamines, is something I enjoy greatly too,lol.
But I don't so much enjoy the reality check,that sometimes appears there,a la: "WTF: I can't drive!" [rofl]

And this:
...when I am confronted in the dream state by something I know to be untrue, or perhaps contrary to how I perceive, or am governed by the laws of physics during my normal waking state. In other words, as soon as The Dead start turning up, or things are flying that ought not to, or my cat is talking to me with a Russian accent, I realize where I am and sort of take things from there.
That's my most common type of trigger too.I am also an innate/latent lucid,who had to learn how to control rather than achieve,first.

And,QFT:
In truth, I believe Lucid Dreaming is an inate ability that we all posess.
I also think it's actually really easy to over-think the whole thing, or perhaps for some: to fall victim to new age charlatanry.

My advice is to find one simple technique --like Case's excellent example-- and just stick with it.
Don't over-read, don't over-think, just do it until it works.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

Lucid dreaming used to be innate for me when I was younger. Now I'm lucky if I dream at alk, but it has gotten progressively better with time and focus. Don't give up on it, as I can tell you from personal experience that everyone with an open mind and patience can,achieve at least some control over their dream state. I know one ex-aquantance who was actually able to dream-shift into other people's dreams. I say "ex" because he tried ot on me and was basically kicked back by a barrier. I've always been pretty resilient when it comes to other beings I,don't know or trust getting into my dreams, or otherwise interacting with my energy in any way I don't want them to.

Once again, please share your experiences! I for one love tge curiosity of how the occult and psyche side of things work, and how people are able to prove again and again the humans are incredibly flexible and adaptive towards situations that arise.

Wishing you luck,

Zeon
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Zeon1985 wrote:. I know one ex-aquantance who was actually able to dream-shift into other people's dreams.
Ok I know this is going to sound really wierd but Ιολη7 came to me in 1 dream that was not too lucid for me but I think it was for her. It might have been one of the nights she was sleeping in my bed with me with her energy body but I didn't know she was there or even in the dream. She lives far away from me and I asked for her protection.

Anyways apparently I was smelling flowers in a meadow (I don't remember smelling them too much) and I sat in front of a piano with a metronome on it. We both remember these details.

We both fell in love with each other during that time but I did not know she was there. I mean she never emailed me or spoke a word to me about it. I was taking it on blind faith that she was there. Somehow I knew she was there...

The day I first discovered she was there I asked with my thoughts "are you there?". She responded by projecting her energy into my body starting with my back and ending with my legs. It felt like cold love "strings"... it's the only way to describe it.

It really is an incredible love story... and we were able to do things to each other's bodies even though we lived on the other side of the world. how can anything in my life top it? It completely changed my life. I feel very different about my life now that these events happened... it felt like a gift from the universe... like a kind of proof that this reality just keeps getting stranger all the time... like the new parameters I discovered are just so challenging my emotions keep on trying to catch up.

Sorry I'm getting off topic and emotional. You hit a nerve there.

Return to “Unorthdox faith”