Artistic Sources/Inspirations?

Visual and creative artwork.

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Artistic Sources/Inspirations?

Post by alejandrocerv »

Hi All,

Just thinking it'd be great to have a single collection of all the art (visual, audio, linguistic, etc.) that gets you in your "place," influences your spirit, awakens your intuition, or whatever else.

So, post here selections of some of your favorites, and we'll see what makes us tick. :) I'll post my things pretty soon, although I'm sure you can tell I have a love for Dali!

[crazy]
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Artistic Sources/Inspirations?

Post by Ramscha »

"Art" is a very widely used term, do we stick with picture art or do music, dancing, poetry and jumping high from a building also count as "art"?

Ramscha
bye bye

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Artistic Sources/Inspirations?

Post by alejandrocerv »

Art is what you make it!
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”