My Nuppeppo

Visual and creative artwork.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

My Nuppeppo

Post by Asurendra »

In Japanese folklore the Nuppeppō (ぬっぺっぽう?) (also known as Nuppefuhō) is a yōkai that is genderless and estimated to be up to 1.5m in height. It is described to have a flabby appearance and its appearance is accompanied by a pungent body odor. It appears as a blob of flesh with a hint of a face in the folds of fat. It is also described as having fingers and toes that are vaguely defined lumps.

The Nuppeppō is passive and unaggressive. The body odor is said to rival that smell of rotting flesh. Other theories claim that the Nuppeppō is actually decaying flesh. There is a rumor that states that those who eat the flesh of a Nuppeppō shall have eternal youth.

The Nuppeppō aimlessly wanders deserted streets of villages, towns and cities, often at night towards the year-end, or graveyards or abandoned temples. It is normally solitary, but there are sightings of them in groups. Fingers and toes may be attributed as features amidst of fold of the skin.[1]

NUPPEPPO.jpg
I was playing around and drew this.

Daeamor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: My Nuppeppo

Post by Daeamor »

Do they have weed in japan?
☤The Demon Artist

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

It is kind of cute [yay]
bye bye

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

I think I'll make him into a servitor. What would be the best use for such an entity?

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”