The Black Sun: A passage from my personal journal

Visual and creative artwork.

Shamash
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Black Sun: A passage from my personal journal

Post by Shamash »

Inspired by the symbol of the black sun and the three crooked crosses, specifically Rudolf J. Mund's interpretation of the suns, I quickly scribbled this page into my journal. I wasn't thinking much at that hour, but it feels like something that may interest a few of the readers and writers here.

In the space behind the sun, stand three crosses, cracked and crooked, bent by time into an indeciferable form read only by the endless hole into which my dreams flee this white sun. Dawn and dusk stand in the center of the world, tilted variations on the zenith. The trinity stands to confine the one central cross into a prison of bars and wheels. It is through divination that these wheels are broken and the final cross overtakes the mortal ones, crushing the cross of birth and the cross of death. Divination is only possible through destruction. The central cross of the zenith must be embraced as by Christ in order to transcend the cycle.

On the next page, I included the following diagram of the dead stream.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Black Sun: A passage from my personal journal

Post by corvidus »

Hi Shamash, I very much like this post :)

The Black Sun is a profoundly Universal alchemical concept, and your interpretation of the Wheel of Life as being 'Triple Fixt' is spot on to how I understand it.
(Triple Fixt by the Central Cross, the Cross of Birth, and the Cross of Death; although I would call them by different names).

However..
It is through divination that these wheels are broken and the final cross overtakes the mortal ones, crushing the cross of birth and the cross of death. Divination is only possible through destruction. The central cross of the zenith must be embraced as by Christ in order to transcend the cycle.
While I don't necessarily disagree with this idea, I don't quite understand your concept of divination being only possible through destruction.
My definition of an act of 'Divination' is somewhere along the lines of 'To become Divine', which requires submission to the Divine.

I don't consider Submission and Destruction to be the same.

Mostly just curious about your take on the subject :)
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Shamash
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shamash »

By "destruction" I was referring to destruction of the Demiurge and the vessel that traps the soul within the wheel of thought and the wheel of life. As Christ was freed of his physical form and became divine through his crucifixion, so must my soul achieve divination through death. Because the soul is restricted within a prison, the only possible way to return to divinity is by destroying the prison it inhabits. This has been my firm belief for a few years now.

The crosses of birth and death represent the illusion of the past and future and the false idea that birth and death are the ultimate beginning and end. When these crosses are destroyed the soul becomes one single cross and attains the knowledge and the strength to destroy the wheels that kept them separate and equidistant. When the world is complete, there remains only one cross, and this cross is infinite and perpetual.

Obviously, this view is from a very Gnostic—and maybe a slightly Catharist—perspective, as I've been mainly researching and discussing Gnosticism (which a quick view of my profile here will make apparent).

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Shamash wrote:By "destruction" I was referring to destruction of the Demiurge and the vessel that traps the soul within the wheel of thought and the wheel of life. As Christ was freed of his physical form and became divine through his crucifixion, so must my soul achieve divination through death. Because the soul is restricted within a prison, the only possible way to return to divinity is by destroying the prison it inhabits. This has been my firm belief for a few years now.
Interesting perspective. My own understanding is similar, that the Vessel is quite necessary. Our natural vessel, the body we inherit from our parents, is subject to decay because it's created within the cycles of Life and Death. That which is Eternal is created of One thing.

However, in Nature, the development of a 'soul' or the Sulphur of a thing, needs the protection of the Vessel in order to evolve. Without it, there would be no place for development, and Spirit would wander. Following this line of reasoning, it leads me to believe Christ achieved his Divinity before his crucifixion.
when these crosses are destroyed the soul becomes one single cross and attains the knowledge and the strength to destroy the wheels that kept them separate and equidistant.
So then, the destruction of the Crosses results in Union with the Divine?

Shamash
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shamash »

corvidus wrote:However, in Nature, the development of a 'soul' or the Sulphur of a thing, needs the protection of the Vessel in order to evolve. Without it, there would be no place for development, and Spirit would wander. Following this line of reasoning, it leads me to believe Christ achieved his Divinity before his crucifixion.
I have yet to understand this concept. I don't see how the body could cause the soul to change at all. The soul can't change because it doesn't exist. It has no form, it has no thought, it has no perspective. The soul is nothing; it is the absence of existence. It makes no sense to me that it would need to be within the body in order to become divine, when the body is the one thing preventing it from becoming divine.
corvidus wrote:So then, the destruction of the Crosses results in Union with the Divine?
The destruction of the two false crosses does. When all of the soul is focused into one cross, that is the first stage in the process of divination, or death. Though chronologically, of course, all the steps occur at the same instant.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Shamash wrote: I don't see how the body could cause the soul to change at all. The soul can't change because it doesn't exist. It has no form, it has no thought, it has no perspective. The soul is nothing; it is the absence of existence. It makes no sense to me that it would need to be within the body in order to become divine, when the body is the one thing preventing it from becoming divine.
For me it is quite the contrary. When I say the 'Soul' of a thing, I mean the determined qualities of Spirit. It can also be called the Essence. While you and I are both from the same Source, our essential qualities are different, thus, we are two different Souls. Namaste :)

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”