It begins like this

Visual and creative artwork.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

It begins like this

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

This was written in response to watching a friend jump off a seven story building while on LSD. He did so because he thought he could fly.

It begins like this, like walls writ-up in blood, or its cheaper simulacrum – like paths made clean, through night sky rambling, through day time dreaming, and you’re stepping it up a gear, but the blood is pounding in your ears, and underneath you’re falling – falling into a step that you didn’t even know was there.

So lets consider – who knows your dreams but you? Who knows your frantic fumblings, in back-yards of churches, in places forgotten, where angels die nightly, where the purity of youth is replaced by the bleeding eyes of broken dreams and promises? Nothing screams here, no one watches.

But the clock is turning, but the ticking tones of time undone echo like the march of unrelenting progress, like the tread of jack-boots at dawn – night time sky so bright, and were holding hands. And you smile up at me with those big brown eyes, and suddenly it all makes sense again.

This dream we dance to, this song made from undone parenthesis snatches of a beat, like clatter of keys made for typing, like scratching of pen on paper browned, stained – chalk marks on a pavement red. I reach out again, but youre just never coming home no more, snatched like wheat-chaff, reaped for harvest.

And it ends like this, like pantomime of Punch and Judy, though with shotgun and shovel, with noose and nothingness, and I’m coming to find you – to hold your hand again, to stare into those death-dried eyes with mine. And sense returns, angels scream, blood dries, falls arrested. And it all makes sense again.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: It begins like this

Post by cyberdemon »

As an ex-dealer I have only one advice to those reading this far.
Never do drugs classified at above 100 without a babysitter.

For those who don't know, cannabis ranges 1-100, while alcohol is in the negatives. After 100, the increases are in increments of 0.5 or so. For reference, the weird 30's are your uncontrollable marijuana laughter.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

alliemarietrip
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: It begins like this

Post by alliemarietrip »

This is beautiful

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”