Protective tattoo images

Visual and creative artwork.

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protective tattoo images

Post by mindsword »

I need some protective images for tattoos. What are some good ideas?

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Protective tattoo images

Post by RaineAshford »

mindsword wrote:I need some protective images for tattoos. What are some good ideas?
I use the Sigil of Lucifer as my protective tattoo:

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

mindsword wrote:I need some protective images for tattoos. What are some good ideas?
I'm curious as to why you need protection images. And if you do need a protection spell, why do you need to tattoo it?

I wear this symbol, but I wear it on a bronze ring. The ring also has Mjolnir on each side of it, and I have a Mjolnir pendant.

~:Shin:~

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

RaineAshford wrote:

Quick question....

Is Lucifer not Satan?

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

magari wrote:
RaineAshford wrote:

Quick question....

Is Lucifer not Satan?
Satan is a demon, Lucifer is an ancient roman God. Christians are wrong about Lucifer being an angel. All the bible said was Lucifer was a Morning Star, Stars are The Gods. (Note Star for the other thread, lol. Second Life much?)

EDIT: Found a link that confirms with me http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/roma ... ty=LUCIFER

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Just checking.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

People get tattooed for all kinds of reasons, protection is perfectly valid, in my eyes, as one purpose. Individual mileage may vary, of course.

Talismanic tattoos are quite common among folk I know, but again IMMV.

You can look at symbolism that is meaningful to you in some way, mindsword, a personal connection is best for these things, some define that by heritage/cultural or curent social backgrounds, others by localised tradition or customary means and so on...something that strikes you strongly in a visual sense too, or colourwise...there are lots of options.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Shamash
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shamash »

What exactly do you need protection from? There are countless magical staves that are meant for protection from some very specific dangers, from as general as a simple stave to ward off evil, to as specific as keeping barrels from leaking.

Varnarstafur Valdemars, Lukkustafir, and Rosahringur minni are three general ones, but if you're looking for something specialized you should state so.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

I have a scarab, not for protection though.
Beloved of Set

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

it will all depend on what you need protection from, really. Also depends on your faith. If you are devout to a specific pantheon, or have a patron deity, then their symbol or sigil would denote some protection to you as you would mark yourself as theirs.
What form or system of magick do you practice or base your brand of magick off of? That will help tell what would be most effective for you.

As for myself for tattoos.. i have the Celtic knot of life as a circle surrounding a broken lemniscate. it's not for protection, but a base philosophy
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”