evocation, or other practices for improving your art

Visual and creative artwork.

McCurdy
Forum Member
Forum Member

evocation, or other practices for improving your art

Post by McCurdy »

Whats your, forum folk, experience/method/ideas about using esoteric practices, in trying to improve your artistic, musical or writing skills. specifically evocation, which entities are best, or you have experience working with.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: evocation, or other practices for improving your art

Post by Desecrated »

Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and faster to take an art class?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

@Descrated: really mate? The Q is on an occult forum, after all. Play nicely.

I use trance gnosis a lot and I find that and the odd entheogenic assistance [greensmile] to be very helpful in liberating my creativity also. [thumbup]

I've worked on art pieces as part of ritual activity too, as I'm sure others will have , though I don't evoke much these days. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

McCurdy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by McCurdy »

Desecrated wrote:Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and faster to take an art class?
To improve the technical elements yes
Nahemah - I use trance and meditation lots too, as I think lots of artists find themselves using even if by accident, though I have never used ethogens, I prefer to stay away from psychoactive substances. The reason I ask about evocation is that I don't have all that much experience with it aside from anecdotes, and one very weird experience i would not like to repeat

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

McCurdy wrote:Whats your, forum folk, experience/method/ideas about using esoteric practices, in trying to improve your artistic, musical or writing skills. specifically evocation, which entities are best, or you have experience working with.
I'm making my living as a writer (TV series, short stories).
I never tried evocation. I used shamanic journeying and tarot.

I tried tarot a few times... basically, you ask a question and then draw a card for an answer. Similar to reading, only what you read now is focused on character and story.
What should my character do next? What's the worst that can happen to him? Why can't she get what she wants? What are her darkest secrets? etc. etc. You can develop your own system. I use three cards around a single event/device in the story and it works surprisingly good.

I also used shamanic journeying and that's a whole different story. When it comes to writing it was very fruitful. I published few stories based entirely on visions I got from journeying and it helped me numerous times when I got stuck. But most importantly, few years ago I brought a spirit animal from the underworld and the period we spent together was... intense.

There were good and bad sides to the whole experience... Well, 'bad' was the fact I wasn't ready to fasten for days and isolate myself completely from people, you know, having a day job and all.
I tried but I wasn't ready for all that so that's why I returned her back after a week or so. Anyway, it worked to me on many levels. In short, I can say that's when my career started.

I promised I won't call her again until I'm really ready to devote myself completely, which will take some time from now on... probably years. In the meantime I meditate and do standard journeying, without bringing stuff from spirit world. Now that I look back what I did was a bit reckless, but I don't think she minds.

Return to “Art, Arts and Artistry”