Occult music

Music, song, dance and performance.

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Occult music

Post by johnnathan »

Here are two bands that devote their music to occult like teachings, Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of shadows has allot of occult references in it and another band DVAR sings in enochian both these bands do not do concerts so i take these two more serious.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Occult music

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

There are plenty of bands who have strong occult leanings, but one you might like thats quite mainstream is Tool. The band members are quite open about their interests in the occult, and their music compositions often reflect hidden meanings and links to patterns that arent immediately obvious.

Other more famous artists that have occult bias include David Bowie, who its rumoured used to be a member on the old Occult Forums even...

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnnathan »

Case wrote:There are plenty of bands who have strong occult leanings, but one you might like thats quite mainstream is Tool. The band members are quite open about their interests in the occult, and their music compositions often reflect hidden meanings and links to patterns that arent immediately obvious.

Other more famous artists that have occult bias include David Bowie, who its rumoured used to be a member on the old Occult Forums even...
I'll give them a look thanks

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

The black/death metal band Behemoth have some fairly heavy occult influences, specifically Thelema/Crowley/Egyptian/LHP type subject matter.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Amon Amarth are an Asatru-esque bunch, I think.
I can't understand their lyrics so I'm going off album titles here... [cool2]

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

TheSeeker wrote:Amon Amarth are an Asatru-esque bunch, I think.
I can't understand their lyrics so I'm going off album titles here... [cool2]
Very Asatru-esque, and they're not the only one, 'viking metal' is quite a big thing. There are a few equivalents for other mythologies too.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

WilfredGay
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WilfredGay »

The band members are quite open about their interests in the occult,
Recommend you Criminal Minds Season 7 DVD,a very good-looking DVD!

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Case wrote:There are plenty of bands who have strong occult leanings, but one you might like thats quite mainstream is Tool. The band members are quite open about their interests in the occult, and their music compositions often reflect hidden meanings and links to patterns that arent immediately obvious.

Isn't Danny quite the open Thelemite? There's a shit load of other bands with ties to the occult, some more fictitious than others, the master Christer Vander is surely one, and one of the greatest musitians alive: (if one can appreciate a long complex beautiful piece, please watch, I'll never get tired of spamming some magma)
"Greetings, Master of the Universe's Power, we are here! We are ready! To this ancient stage we have come for the final meeting! Today is the day we are going to die. And for that, I say "thank you!"
I am the Master of Truth, Blasphemy and Deceit! I am Master of Conscience! I am Master of Myself! I am the Master of Worlds where I don't exist!
They are here, the planets, the galaxies, the birds that have sung since the dawn of time, the entire universe, all souls, all music, all joy and pains. To this Ancient Stage have we come for the final meeting!
Now begins the End of Ends, the chaos of Apocalypse, where everything returns to Nothing!  We are going to die. And I say "thank You!"
He is pure now, Wisdom is his name!"

If this isn't enough of a proof, then:
Damn, videos not displaying at all... The second vid is called MAMGA - Elphas Levi.
(videos fixed by mod)

Return to “Chants and Cants”