This is just my Opinion, So don't go all Nazi on me, M'kay?

Music, song, dance and performance.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

This is just my Opinion, So don't go all Nazi on me, M'kay?

Post by Kami »

So you want God to answer your prayer?
Well - God cannot hear your or anyone elses prayer, Unless... You or anyone else repeats that same prayer over and over and over again loudly until it is heard, if it gets heard it will get answered.

If You want to know what it is like to be God listening for prayers - do this...
Go to a concert, and try to make out what everyone is saying from a distance, I bet you can't.
All you'll hear is a bunch of mumbling.
The only people you'll be able to hear is the music band and anyone close to you.

You have to get God's attention if you really ARE serious about communicating with it.

But on the real side,
The way God hears our prayers is similar to this...
Stay up for however many days it takes for you to start hallucinating/augmenting your dreamality unto your reality.
When that happens you'll start to hear random voices.
Then a whole congress of voices all talking at once; You cannot make out what is being said because there is too much mumbling.

That right there is a schizophrenic experience.

That's how God hears us.

So you have to be louder and more persistent than the rest of the crowd or have at least your entire group praying with the exact same words and the exact same feeling with exact same intensity.

Else you're just another random voice in the crowd of voices in God's head. ~

(1)Republic - SayAlliNeed:
Do you know where your heart is?
Do you think you can find it?
Did you trade it for something - somewhere,
Better just to have it?
Do you know where your love is?
Do you think that you lost it?
You felt it so strong but - nothings,
Turned out how you want it. ~
Well bless my soul!
You're a lonely soul!
Cause you wont let go!
Of anything you hold!
Well all I need - is the air I breathe!
And a place to rest - my head!
Do you know what your fate is?
And are you trying to shake it?
You're doing your best and,
You're best look,
You're praying that you'll make it. ~
Well bless my soul!
You're a lonely soul!
Cause you wont let go!
Of anything you hold!
Well all I need - is the air I breathe!
Said all I need - is the air I breathe!
Better than you have it?
Better than you have it?
Better than you have it?
Do you know where the end is?
Do you think you can see it?
Until you get there,
Go on,
Go ahead and scream it,
Just say?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: This is just my Opinion, So don't go all Nazi on me, M'k

Post by Kath »

hmmmm

The only being I know whom I think of as a deity, is an entity with whom I am rather intimately entwined.

My communication with her is much more intimate and informal rather than the stereotypical supplication/petition. She discourages formality and pomp, and actively chastises saying anything which is not rooted firmly in one's true emotive state in the moment. For example, saying "i love you" would be unwelcome if it was just parroting the sounds or stating a casual reminder, it would instead be well received if it was backed up by real-time visceral sensation of the raw emotion itself and a degree of Willful projection. In that way I am encouraged to interact "with" her, and never "at" her. I feel this is highly different from the format in organized religion, which is based much more on hearsay of divinity rather than first hand interaction.

I am not overtly humble in the general sense exactly, but I am humbled that she interacts with me as she does. I feel honored by it. And I feel I have benefited greatly in my growth as a sentient being. So when I am already benefiting so much, I am reluctant to be demanding or unappreciative.

I also know that she does not put heavy emphasis on the various passing fancies of my physical life... for example I might enjoy a new car, but she would only care if it was a distraction or not.

Also, I do not know her to be inclined to "coddle". If I were surrounded by wolves, she would throw me a stick and tell me to "be mighty", rather than save me. If I start a sentence with "I was set upon by great difficulties..." then I should definitely NOT end it with "...which I depend on her to fix".

I'm not saying she's heartless, but I would be deeply shamed to approach her with "wants" that I don't really need, or problems which I could solve myself. And many times you can solve things you don't think you can, if you really apply yourself.

About the closest I think I have come to supplication with her was when my ex fiance and i broke up, and i shared with her a really deep feeling of despair. It wasn't a request really, just a general plea for relief from my despondent feelings and situation. She just said "you care more than you ought." (about the relationship with my ex fiance), end of conversation. Granted it was laden with a tremendous depth of nuanced nonverbal sensation pushed behind the words. And it was true of course, though it took quite a while to really feel completely better, her sense of perspective did ease my suffering. That's the closest I think I've come to treating her like a wishing well.

So I mean, for most people, in the context of organized religious dogma, prayer is different. I think for most people, supplication is really a sort of eggregore-magic, wherein the practicioner attempts to channel the super-egregore of their religious dogma to direct material events in their favor. In this way I think the supplicant is just 'using' their religious egregore. Granted I think religious egregores are just using their followers anyway, so it's only fair I guess.

There's a sort of catch 22 to the idea of prayer. That if there is an all powerful being who can grant prayers... 1) they are likely doing all the "important" things how they want them done already, and 2) if there are unimportant things you want, why bother an all powerful being about unimportant things?

I think the best prayer is "Watch this..."
A call to your deific figure to pay attention to the victory you are about to seize, and to delight in your ability and prowess.

Return to “Chants and Cants”