Improvisational Instrumental Music for Zoning Out/Meditating

Music, song, dance and performance.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Improvisational Instrumental Music for Zoning Out/Meditating

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I'm attaching a link here to a track I did awhile back with a good friend from Chicago. We had both been cranking out a lot of improvisational/instrumental music on our own and decided we should try to see what we could come up with together. There are some very heavy themes involved... and at one point the project was called "Action at a Distance" both because we liked the idea it came from, but also because we were creating the project via long distance (I in New Orleans and he in Chicago). Anyhow, some of my best work has been done with improvisational music as a way to generate energy or put myself into a trance-like state. Listen to the track and see if you can leech any energy off of it. Meditate to it. Do homework to it...

Whatever you do... just use it... and let me know what you think... or how it made you feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wmtlQyBHyU

You can also find the full length project on Spotify, if you do that... or it might even still be a free download on Bandcamp if you look for the Meat for the Machines record label.

Enjoy!
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Improvisational Instrumental Music for Zoning Out/Medita

Post by chowderpope »

This is cool. I've been meaning to make some ambient music as well here sometime soon, but I'll use more mixed media like field recordings and household objects. I've been listening to a lot more ambient music as well to relax and focus. Are you Dathon or Lie Low?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Improvisational Instrumental Music for Zoning Out/Medita

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Lie Low is me. I use it as a name for anything I do alone. I have mostly been doing free jazz/punk because it gets me in an ecstatic state as I let go and just let it all happen. That said, I've got some material as Lie Low squirreled away somewhere... and I occasionally do a solo ambient performance. I do everything with guitar and a few pedals to loop and warp some sounds.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Return to “Chants and Cants”