Help to identify this ring please.

Sculpture, Wood Carving, Outdoor artworks, installations and artistry.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help to identify this ring please.

Post by Vashta »

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it looks like you already got a much better explanation than I was going to offer :P

I'm still sure I've seen those symbols written in books, but I had a hard time looking them up, and in the end Manganese Flame and I used symbols.com

It has a bit of information on each symbol, except one which we couldn't find. If you're interested I'll post the links up a bit later, but really the post you already got says it all and then some.

timmay13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by timmay13 »

Thank you to everyone for the information and replies. It has been fun researching the ring and chatting with all who cared to offer their opinions.

The ring now has its place in my friends show case and it definitely is a conversation piece. He will enjoy it for many years to come.

Thank you again for all the help.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Take care.

[thumbup]

andreathepenguin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andreathepenguin »

I too have found a ring like this. Any additional details on its origins?

Searcher85
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Searcher85 »

I joined just to post here. I also just came across one of these rings in Ontario, Canada. Found this forum by spending a lot of time looking through Google images for "alchemy ring"... The man I bought it from runs a tiny second-hand/junk shop out in the country and said it was an estate piece from clearing out a local house. This particular version I have is massive, approximately a size 15. I brought it to a few contacts of mine here who are dealers in oddities and occult items and none of them had ever seen the like of it or had any information beyond being able to provide a theoretical summary of the symbols as already mentioned in this thread. Has anyone here gotten any further with IDing the man in the portrait or what group this belonged to?

Return to “Crafts and other Skills”