Alchemic Art

Sculpture, Wood Carving, Outdoor artworks, installations and artistry.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Alchemic Art

Post by Haelos »

Is anyone here good at making "alchemy" styled artwork?
As in; art that specifically obscures an alchemic process in it's depictions.

Almost all the neat looking pictures on alchemy have some type of hidden process shown in it, and it works more like a recipe, should you know how to follow it.
I've taken to following a similar style with some of my spells. For instance, I made a recipe showing you how to perform the LRPs that looked more akin to a magick circle drawing than actual instructions.
I'm not on my own computer right now, so I can't post it, but I will soon enough.

Anyone else do this kind of thing?
I find it helps clear up space in my books, instead of writing, but I have a hard time getting a good picture that outlines the entire process.
I'm looking to see if anyone here can help me with some inspiration in drawing my own recipes better.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

wileychaote
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Alchemic Art

Post by wileychaote »

This is basically what I'm trying to achieve in my artistic endeavors. I want to cleverly convey meaningful things using weird, surreal but symbolic imagery. One thing you could do is look into heraldry. I'm also mainly interested in fan art right now, so you could try that out too: look at things— objects and characters— from something you like and draw parallels between them and arcane concepts.

[thumbup] Best of luck to ya.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Alchemic Art

Post by corvidus »

I'm a fan of David Chaim Smith.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Crafts and other Skills”