Get a free bible

Occult books, occult pdfs, occult texts, sacred texts

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Get a free bible

Post by EEHC »

Bookmarked.

The Tanakh link adds ''Application for Jewish only'' as a disclaimer. Did you order from them?

I feel it's a bit dishonest to order when I am not Jewish but then how would they know..

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

EEHC wrote:Bookmarked.

The Tanakh link adds ''Application for Jewish only'' as a disclaimer. Did you order from them?

I feel it's a bit dishonest to order when I am not Jewish but then how would they know..
Yeah, I told them my grandmother was jewish and I wanted to reconnect with my roots.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Desecrated wrote:Yeah, I told them my grandmother was jewish and I wanted to reconnect with my roots.
[eg]
evilest thing.gif
I am sticking your freebies posts. Thank you so much Des!!!

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Des what about King James vs New King James vs New International Bible?

Matrozs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Matrozs »

Yeah, I told them my grandmother was jewish and I wanted to reconnect with my roots.
Vjalár mekrum wyrd hrywn.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Today arrived the copy of the free Quran from the freequraan.org
It took it less than a month to arrive.
Along with it, there is a brainwashing brochure which will make a great bookmark :D

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RockDemon wrote:Des what about King James vs New King James vs New International Bible?
King james is the "original" english bible. New KJ has a more modern language but maintains most of the integrity of the original.
New international is a horrible mutilated evangelical slanted version of the bible.

Get them all.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Tanakh arrived today!!
Tanakh.jpg
And here is the picture of the Quran that arrived earlier.
quran.jpg

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nice!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

The Douay Rheims Bible translation predates KJ, though Jamie Saxt was influenced by the New Testament translation when he was collating his version.

Roman Catholics do not use the KJ, for obvious reasons of theological differences, so for an interesting read if you want to compare, I 'd recommend it as well.

It can be downloaded from here, I am not sure about print copy availability though.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=kof ... edir_esc=y
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote:The Douay Rheims Bible translation predates KJ, though Jamie Saxt was influenced by the New Testament translation when he was collating his version.

Roman Catholics do not use the KJ, for obvious reasons of theological differences, so for an interesting read if you want to compare, I 'd recommend it as well.

It can be downloaded from here, I am not sure about print copy availability though.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=kof ... edir_esc=y
Bible history time:

There has been partial translation of the bible into english stretching back to the 7th century. None of these were official or complete. Often it was just the psalms or gospels that was translated. The church was mostly okay with this since these were still done by Catholics. Wycliffe's Bible done in 1395 was almost complete.

Then in 1517 Luther started making trouble in the neighborhood.

Tyndale Bible in 1523 was the first complete translated bible. He was tied to the stakes, strangled and then burned.

Coverdale's Bible came out in 1535. He was exiled. 3 times.

Two years later Matthew's Bible came out. The author was burned at the stakes.

Taverner's Bible came out in 1539. But was only printed in folio.

Great Bible is the first authorized English translation of the bible. under commission of Thomas, Lord Cromwell, Secretary to Henry VIII and Vicar General.
Henry broke with the catholic church, and wanted an english bible.
So the great bible is the FIRST english bible in 1539.

Henrys successor on the other hand was not impressed and queen Mary restored the Church of England to allegiance to Rome. This forced all the bible translators to flee the country. Including the Great Bible, which was burned. Cromwell was beheaded and Cranmer, Latimer and Ridley where burned at the stakes.

The Geneva Bible was done in 1557-1560. Geneva is a city in Switzerland.

After Mary's death, Henry's daughter Elizabeth toke over and the 'bishops bible' was introduced in 1568. The bishop bible is a combination of the great bible and the geneva bible.

THEN, we finally get to the Douay-Rheims. They started in 1582 but the translation was slow, and done in steps so we didn't see a complete printed version until 1610.
It is a faithful English translation of the Latin text. But the old testament is also translated from the latin. Or at least, some versions of it was.
They've done modern translations and editions of it, but if you can find the old text, it's really good. But it's hard to find.

And then finally in 1611 The King James bible came out.

So why the hell did I say that the king James bible is the original???
The king James bible was a massive undertaking. Instead of just 1-2 guys doing the translation they compiled a team of 47 scholars. They went back to some of the earliest versions of the bible in all languages they could find and instead of translating from the latin text they translated the old testament directly from the Hebrew, and the new testament from the Greek and Aramaic "originals".
Now, I have to put Originals in "" because they didn't use originals. The original versions of the bible are lost. So are most manuscripts and most versions of the bible is also gone. In fact, most of the first 900 years of christian history is pretty much gone.
S they used copies of copies of the originals, and to be honest, not all of those copies was 100% correct.
The only complete version of the new testament is in latin, so they did use the latin version as well for some parts.

This has later been "fixed" in modern translations, but they've done the horrible mistake of using greek manuscripts to remove all of the latin. Unfortunately, these manuscripts don't say the same thing as the latin version, and several sections are still missing. Almost all of the modern English translations are missing these sections. It's usually about 21 lines of the bible that have been removed.

This has led to us nowadays having 112 complete versions of the english bible and about 900 incomplete ones.

Now, I hope everybody understand that this is an extreme simplification of a pretty complex subject. Some of the translations mentioned are really just re-prints of earlier attempts, some of them are even translations of other translations and even if king james is the most complete and accurate version of these, it wasn't 100% complete or accurate.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I didn't post to cause an argument, but the Douay does predate the KJ for publication and Jamie was influenced by the New Testament portion.

I am also aware sections of the Douay relied on earlier Protestant translations, however...
The Douay–Rheims Bible (also known as the Rheims–Douai Bible or Douai Bible, and abbreviated as D–R and DV, is a translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate into English made by members of the English College, Douai, in the service of the Catholic Church. The New Testament portion was published in Reims, France, in 1582, in one volume with extensive commentary and notes.

The Old Testament portion was published in two volumes thirty years later by the University of Douai. The first volume, covering Genesis through Job, was published in 1609; the second, covering Psalms to 2 Machabees plus the apocrypha of the Vulgate was published in 1610. Marginal notes took up the bulk of the volumes and the purpose of the version, both the text and notes, was to uphold Catholic tradition in the face of the Protestant Reformation which up till then had overwhelmingly dominated Elizabethan religion and academic debate.

As such it was an impressive effort by English Catholics to support the Counter-Reformation. The New Testament was reprinted in 1600, 1621 and 1633. The Old Testament volumes were reprinted in 1635 but neither thereafter for another hundred years. In 1589, William Fulke collated the complete Rheims text and notes in parallel columns with those of the Bishops' Bible. This work sold widely in England, being re-issued in three further editions to 1633. It was predominantly through Fulke's editions that the Rheims New Testament came to exercise a significant influence on the development of 17th century English...
Wikipedia can be a poor source for articles at times, but on this occasion it's accurate, so I used it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douay%E2% ... eims_Bible

I reiterate also once more, that Catholics do not use the KJ bible and it is strangely exclusionary to not have any representation of a Catholic Bible in this thread, given that it is about Abrahamic faith doctrinal documents, of which Catholicism was and still is a major contributor. That is all.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote:I didn't post to cause an argument,
I didn't post an argument :D
I was half agreeing with you and half building on your post.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

For the American Catholics who don't like European Catholics, there is also NAB (New American Bible) and the new NABRE version.

Ironically the richest church on the earth and the representatives of Jesus, do not give away a free version of their bible....

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

[thumbup]

I'm up to my eyeballs atm with 12th century European ecclesiastical laws and church canon and such, aristocracy, land rights and the consequences of the reform papacy. It is not much fun to write about anymore and my eyes are bleeding, lol. I'm going to have to take Latin as a subject nest yea at this rate, as it's been way too long and it's irritating having to check the declensions and grammar as I can't remember enough these days. Argh.

Translations are to be appreciated, this is very true. Spirituality and law, always a difficult combination, isn't it?

I don't know if there are any free print Catholic bibles available.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Got myself a KJV. Thanks. Not sure about the Tanakh as I mentionned I'm not Jewish but gave fairly convincing reasons as to *why* I'd like to get a copy (indeed applied the old ''wants to connect with my family roots'' trick). I shall post an update when and if they are delivered.
RockDemon wrote:And here is the picture of the Quran that arrived earlier.
Couldn't get a Quran ordered as they are requiring a particular type of phone number and wouldn't accept mine.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

TruthSeeker_ wrote:Couldn't get a Quran ordered as they are requiring a particular type of phone number and wouldn't accept mine.
As far as I remember in all these places I used the international format that is

+ or 00 (usually + works just fine or sometimes there is no need for either) then your country code then your city code or the code of the phone operator (if there is a 0, in the beginning, ignore it ) and then the actual number. For instance, my country code is 374 and the city code is 010 so my number would be +37410 and the actual number.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

O good, The Mormons are finally shipping internationally now. I hope I get an english version.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Desecrated wrote:O good, The Mormons are finally shipping internationally now. I hope I get an english version.
Yeah. They also ship for free the LDS edition of the Bible (King James Version) but only to the U.S. and Canada.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

TruthSeeker_ wrote:
Desecrated wrote:O good, The Mormons are finally shipping internationally now. I hope I get an english version.
Yeah. They also ship for free the LDS edition of the Bible (King James Version) but only to the U.S. and Canada.
Yeah, that is how they did with the book of mormons as well. If you tried ordering it internationally you got sent to your countries representative.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

TruthSeeker_ wrote:Free Book of Mormon:

https://www.mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon

Free Bhagavad-Gita:

http://order.gita4free.com/
I got my Blue abbreviated Gita today. It's a tiny tiny book, that actually fits in your hand.
The important part is that this service is free and reliable.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Desecrated wrote:
TruthSeeker_ wrote:Free Book of Mormon:

https://www.mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon

Free Bhagavad-Gita:

http://order.gita4free.com/
I got my Blue abbreviated Gita today. It's a tiny tiny book, that actually fits in your hand.
The important part is that this service is free and reliable.
Wow that was quick. I still haven't received it yet. At least I'm glad it works.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

I finally received the Gita in the mail today.

Here are pictures of how it looks like:

Return to “Text”