February Book Recommendation.

Occult books, occult pdfs, occult texts, sacred texts

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

February Book Recommendation.

Post by Desecrated »

Time for another one of these.

Creating Magickal Entities: A Complete Guide to Entity Creation.

I realized that although I do have books that mentions familiars servitors and thought-forms, I don't have any books dedicated to the subject, and after some web browsing I got the recommendation for about 10 books. This is the one book I found most useful, and the one I would recommend on the subject.
If you pair this with Frater U.D 'Practical Sigil Magic' you will have a very good introduction to the subject.

"Creating Magickal Entities" deals mostly with thought-forms or what some call "servitors". It is the next step to working with sigils, so this book is not a beginners book, but it's an easy and very elementary explanation of this next step in chaos magick.

This book is self-published by 3 youngsters, and such has a very informal language. it's extremely easy to read and the examples are fully described (down to the smallest detail) and for some of you, this might be a bit too rudimentary; but if nothing else, It's a good brush up.

The book is divided into two larger parts. 94 pages of theory and then about 50 pages of practical examples and anecdotes of the writers own experiments with self-created entities.
If you feel that you already have a handle on this subject, the last part is interesting enough in itself to warrant the 15 dollars this book costs.
There is a particularly detailed description of a 'inspiration entity' that I found refreshingly open and honest.

Now, a small warning. This is a book about chaos magic written in 2003...
It has all the sign of yahoo discussion forums. I'm pretty sure these kids used to play Dungeons and dragons and some the examples given towards the end of the book are a bit immature.
I wouldn't approach this the same way I do an A.E Waite book or something more scholarly. But it still manages to do the job. (And compared to a lot of other books on the subject) This is something that you can actual try at home.

http://www.amazon.com/Creating-Magickal ... 1932517448

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: February Book Recommendation.

Post by Gate »

Is this dangerous to the mind?

Entity definition (as per the book): a vital principle held to give life to an immaterial essence, which has been created to have a
self-contained and distinct existence with a conceptual reality, by the deliberate effort of personifying segregated thoughts and emotions.

Seems like he's intentionally creating another personality within his mind - split personality type stuff.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Gate wrote:Is this dangerous to the mind?

Entity definition (as per the book): a vital principle held to give life to an immaterial essence, which has been created to have a
self-contained and distinct existence with a conceptual reality, by the deliberate effort of personifying segregated thoughts and emotions.

Seems like he's intentionally creating another personality within his mind - split personality type stuff.
If you have a weak mind you should not practice the occult. And if you have any problem with personality disorders, it's probably not a good idea to practice making servitors.

If you on the other hand have done your 1-2 years basic training, these methods are fairly safe to use. They do cover it in the book about how to make it safer and some of the mistakes they have made in the past and what to look out for.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Thanks for pointing this book out! Just finished reading it and I was surprised to find a mix of complete New Age rubbish alongside genuine adept lines of thought.In that.the content is best approached like scanning a Llewelyn book list and using your intuition to sort the chaff from the wheat.

The bibliography shows clearly where many of their ideas are drawn from,including Crowley.Penczak,AOS and Kraig.But they also referenced La Vey and Frazer which aided their muddled view.

I particularly liked the reflections on what they had achieved using the system and its overall application to bring results in the physical world.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

violetstar wrote:Thanks for pointing this book out! Just finished reading it and I was surprised to find a mix of complete New Age rubbish alongside genuine adept lines of thought.In that.the content is best approached like scanning a Llewelyn book list and using your intuition to sort the chaff from the wheat.

The bibliography shows clearly where many of their ideas are drawn from,including Crowley.Penczak,AOS and Kraig.But they also referenced La Vey and Frazer which aided their muddled view.

I particularly liked the reflections on what they had achieved using the system and its overall application to bring results in the physical world.
Is there any way you can point out what you feel is rubbish or not? It all sounds bizarre and possible to me as I lack the experience in this space. I won't be trying it anytime soon, but I'd appreciate it nonetheless.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Gate wrote:
violetstar wrote:Thanks for pointing this book out! Just finished reading it and I was surprised to find a mix of complete New Age rubbish alongside genuine adept lines of thought.In that.the content is best approached like scanning a Llewelyn book list and using your intuition to sort the chaff from the wheat.

Is there any way you can point out what you feel is rubbish or not? It all sounds bizarre and possible to me as I lack the experience in this space. I won't be trying it anytime soon, but I'd appreciate it nonetheless.
Generally stick with the stuff written by Amanda within it.The latter part of the book deals with more adept ideas using sexual fluids and blood.If you are a complete beginner I refer you to the Beginners list of books and other resources under Desecrated signature.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Return to “Text”