Page 1 of 1

unsorted welcome?

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:34 pm
by Hapexamendios
Ok, now that I have found the forum collection, I want to contribute. I have some authors complete works sorted but my oddball folder is still sizeable. I have been collecting them impulsively, yet only have found time to read 2. But I figured someone might now appreciate something to sort through. Upload all?

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:03 pm
by Spida
We apologize, and must regretfully inform you that we were unable to process your "unsorted" welcome. Please take the time to properly review and 'sort' any future submissions.

As always, it is our pleasure to serve you and fulfill all of your needs, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you and have a nice day.

- The Occult Forum Team

Admin Note: User was warned for this post.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:30 pm
by borealis
Hapexamendios wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:34 pm
Ok, now that I have found the forum collection, I want to contribute. I have some authors complete works sorted but my oddball folder is still sizeable. I have been collecting them impulsively, yet only have found time to read 2. But I figured someone might now appreciate something to sort through. Upload all?
We don't really have anywhere to upload a huge number of works here. If you upload them to a Google Drive or something you could link it though. Ignore the previous post, sorry I didn't catch that earlier.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 pm
by Spida
Well, kitty cat. If you've been around here as long as I have and seen what Iv'e seen then you may have sufficient insight to recognize the aforementioned as a possible form of trolling via a sock puppet account, and moreover, the original post was more than a month ago rendering prior response at this juncture even more pointless.

As you may be aware, I replied to your message as well, enjoy, and do whatever you will; as you should infer, I obviously don't care.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 am
by borealis
Spida wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 pm
Well, kitty cat. If you've been around here as long as I have and seen what Iv'e seen then you may have sufficient insight to recognize the aforementioned as a possible form of trolling via a sock puppet account, and moreover, the original post was more than a month ago rendering prior response at this juncture even more pointless.

As you may be aware, I replied to your message as well, enjoy, and do whatever you will; as you should infer, I obviously don't care.
Since it seems like you would prefer not to have this conversation privately, I'll answer you here. I am a busy person and I have no one to help me run this site. The original staff are long gone, and those I tried to bring along lost interest. I don't see everything. Regardless, when running a forum community, there is no statute of limitations on bad behavior, or on answering a question, and the fact that you and OP made your previous posts in this thread a month ago is irrelevant to me. The issue as I see it is that you pretended to be a staff member in order to "officially" turn down a user who wanted to share content, and they never came back or posted anything else. I will not tolerate that sort of harmful prank regardless of how long you have been here or how many posts you have. The unproven possibility of OP being a sock puppet does not justify your response, in my opinion.

Like it or not, the only one running this show here and now is this kitty, and I just want everyone to have a good time and be respectful to each other. It isn't a lot to ask. Hopefully you can understand why I took such issue with your post above, and this conversation resolves shortly. If you still have objections you can reply to my PM, or in this thread, and your warning mark may be removed, depending. Maybe I did overreact and you can explain why. I would hate to lose anyone else if I can help it. I haven't been around as long as most of the users here, but I can't let that alone affect my judgment.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:45 am
by Spida
borealis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 am

Since it seems like you would prefer not to have this conversation privately, I'll answer you here.
First I will clarify the 'Walgreens' incident for you since the omitted requisite leads to an incorrect 'assumption' on your part.

I was at a Walgreens earlier in that day where I spoke with a cashier upon checking out. We spoke briefly about the occult to where they mentioned a fondness for reading and writing. I proceeded to tell them of the forum, my username, and that they may register if they wish. They appeared to be writing everything down.

Later that day, in the evening, when I had returned from my 'excursion'. I noticed a 'new member' had registered. It had been weeks since any new registration so I 'presumed' it may have been the individual I had spoken with earlier.

So, as it turns out, on this particular occasion I am not guilty of submitting any "random gibberish", and in any event, a 'presumption' will always carry more weight than any 'assumption' regardless the input by person number three, which in this particular case also appears to be an 'assumption'.

That's all I have time for, as you say, and to paraphrase, "we are all very busy here". Not just 'you'. That goes without saying, as far as I am concerned.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:39 pm
by borealis
Spida wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:45 am
borealis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 am

Since it seems like you would prefer not to have this conversation privately, I'll answer you here.
First I will clarify the 'Walgreens' incident for you since the omitted requisite leads to an incorrect 'assumption' on your part.

I was at a Walgreens earlier in that day where I spoke with a cashier upon checking out. We spoke briefly about the occult to where they mentioned a fondness for reading and writing. I proceeded to tell them of the forum, my username, and that they may register if they wish. They appeared to be writing everything down.

Later that day, in the evening, when I had returned from my 'excursion'. I noticed a 'new member' had registered. It had been weeks since any new registration so I 'presumed' it may have been the individual I had spoken with earlier.

So, as it turns out, on this particular occasion I am not guilty of submitting any "random gibberish", and in any event, a 'presumption' will always carry more weight than any 'assumption' regardless the input by person number three, which in this particular case also appears to be an 'assumption'.

That's all I have time for, as you say, and to paraphrase, "we are all very busy here". Not just 'you'. That goes without saying, as far as I am concerned.
That's all fair, and to be honest I wouldn't have even mentioned or done anything about the PM, it was just something else on top of the post in this thread which was the real issue. I've slept on it and I guess I understand why you made that post here, and I'm going to ask you not to do something like that again, and remove the warning from your account. Prospective new users getting spooked off by someone before they get a chance to appreciate a community is something I deal with a lot on my other sites, and it really triggers me timbers. I don't really get why you assumed they were a sock-puppet, but I'll leave it at that and call it a day. No hard feelings, if you can manage.

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 am
by Spida
I don't really get why you assumed they were a sock-puppet, but I'll leave it at that and call it a day. No hard feelings, if you can manage.
Top
Well my final comment would be that the above is not an 'assumption' either and like I said earlier is based on past experience of observing similar behavior, although granted, the probability for this particular occurrence is maybe around 50/50.

I do understand that it is likely for much of what I write to be incorrectly interpreted or seen as gibberish/nonsensical when taken at face value alone and not complimented with its' hidden counterpart.

Anyway, my main activities here are writing, reading what I write, and listening to music. I have also been known to participate in other threads on occasion, however, my scope is a bit limited for an occult forum and somewhat excessive for a philosophy forum. The last philosophy forum I ventured the music video was deleted from my first post(boring) and I finished with the thread and never bothered back. Ironically, that post was nearly most viewed for the month last I knew.

Also, humor may be within scope at various times and if I 'presume' and/or 'feel' that a new user is intentionally acting like an idiot which is a new form of trolling I have witnessed here and elsewhere in the past couple years then I may act on that although usually those types of posts are ignored.

lastly, some of my more frivolous comments are filtered out by me upon review but others elude if I am in a hurry or some other reason. Most things aren't perfect, I suppose.

- Thread - End Derail -

Re: unsorted welcome?

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:43 pm
by borealis
I'm locking this thread now. Glad we came to an understanding.