Sigil Software

Games, programs, video, television, new developments in digital media..

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sigil Software

Post by Pyarun »

I found this website when i was looking for a free Runecasting software a while back. The reason i was looking for Runecasting software was so that i could prove that software can never be as good as an actual set of Runes, in fact i was out to prove that any software i found would be absolute shit and completely worthless. This was the first program i found then and it COMPLETELY changed my mind. It is JUST as good as any Runeset, it has absolute precision(in as much as that word can be applied to divination, that being that it's as precise as your interpretations of it's answers are) and is in every way as good as a Rune set, unless of course you have deep seated mental blocks which say otherwise :P It was good enough to completely defeat my predjudice against using divination software. Later i tried other free products (Tarot and I-Ching caster) and they are just as good, most likely because they use the same random generation function. Without further ado: http://www.sigil.co.nz/freeware.html

The only real drawback would be that the casting forms are pre-defined "one/three/ten Runes/cards" as opposed to a set of Runes where you can just toss a few and interpret how they fell.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i do.

Return to “TV, Video, Online and Digital Expressions”