Telepathy in movies and TV?

Games, programs, video, television, new developments in digital media..

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Telepathy in movies and TV?

Post by mindsword »

The only example i can think of is Obi-Wan communicating post-mortem with Yoda and Luke in Star Wars. I'm not even really sure if it's a good example of mind-to-mind communication as the Force indicates some really exaggerated stuff in a very sci-fi, fantasy type way. (ex. LOTR & Harry Potter) I want a more realistic example, like some kind of psychological thriller.

There is of course a shit load of movies that incorporate telepathic/kinetic mind control, but it's not really what I'm after. I'm looking for more human to human direct communication type stuff. Like, I'm telling you "B", and you realize I'm telling you "B" and not "A". You know?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Telepathy in movies and TV?

Post by Desecrated »

IMDB
Search keywords
Telepathy
510 titles found
http://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=telepathy

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

The only example i can think of is Obi-Wan communicating post-mortem with Yoda and Luke in Star Wars. I'm not even really sure if it's a good example of mind-to-mind communication as the Force indicates some really exaggerated stuff in a very sci-fi, fantasy type way. (ex. LOTR & Harry Potter) I want a more realistic example, like some kind of psychological thriller.
While scifi & fantasy absolutely exaggerate a lot of things, I don't feel this example is a particularly good one. I've had experiences along these lines - perhaps not quite as dramatic, but much closer to that than:
I'm looking for more human to human direct communication type stuff. Like, I'm telling you "B", and you realize I'm telling you "B" and not "A". You know?
Or at least firmly in the middle between the two. And I know I'm not the only one here. I've spoken to other practitioners and read accounts by other practitioners who've had similar experiences and whom I believe are telling the truth.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

I can't think of a story that focuses on telepathy at the moment, but The Dead Zone is an excellent story of Psychometry.

~:Shin:~

Return to “TV, Video, Online and Digital Expressions”