We need a Paranormal/Supernatural forum here

Wish list for future additions to the site

Parvati
Forum Member
Forum Member

We need a Paranormal/Supernatural forum here

Post by Parvati »

Please, please, please do this and it will make the forum complete in plenty of ways. [grin] [grin]

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: We need a Paranormal/Supernatural forum here

Post by Rin »

Why? What would be discussed there that doesn't fit into the rest of the forum?
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Parvati
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Parvati »

Alot of things actually, things like Amitville Horror, Fraudlent Mediums, The Fox sisters, hauntings, Spiritual Guides, UFOs, space and a whole lot of interesting things. There is a massive interest in this sort of thing Rin, and I feel that OF.com will bring in a lot of newbies with this subforum.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Gonna disagree, those topics could fit into any number of the already existing sub forums, and there doesn't appear to be much interest in them as it is.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hmm,could be done,but I have to talk with Vashta about fixing up the folders/indexes first.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

shmatka
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shmatka »

Parvati wrote:Please, please, please do this and it will make the forum complete in plenty of ways. [grin] [grin]
I agrees with this. if maybe as an Off-topic (Occult) sub-forum, and perhaps under the name of Paranormal, Aliens, or Something.

cause regardless still there's fever in some peoples beliefs about this or not, it's anyway a place open for discussion for those who are actually studied on this (also and because there is interesting internet data archived true or false, and of which about 75% will most probably go to the fiction section).

It's not really a place of magic of sorts of course but it still is something occult, even if just by the infinite light-years away from earth [crazy]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Parvati wrote:Alot of things actually, things like Amitville Horror, Fraudlent Mediums, The Fox sisters, hauntings, Spiritual Guides, UFOs, space and a whole lot of interesting things. There is a massive interest in this sort of thing Rin, and I feel that OF.com will bring in a lot of newbies with this subforum.
May as well also have sub forums for cosplayers, otherkin, people who believe in unicorns, creepypasta entities that people think are real...

Not knocking your idea, but I think Rin is right. Nahemah and Vashta obviously have the final say, but I think if we start giving fringe concepts their own boards we're never going to stop.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

"Are we to content ourselves with tales of haunted houses, accounts of telepathy and research into esoteric literature of the past?
These things certainly have their value; all available occult phenomena should be carefully investigated, not only for the sake of obtaining knowledge, but also for the sake of unmasking charlatans, and the result obtained by investigators in the past are of the greatest value for counterchecking the result we are obtaining at the present day"

-Dion Fortune / Sane occultism / page 14.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

I was a member of an occult based forum a few years back that had eighty independent boards on it. Each board then had several sub-boards. The forum was so unwieldy it was insane - people had no idea where anything went. Did you post something about werewolves on the 'otherkin' board or the 'lycanthropes' board? Did you differentiate if the person thought they had gotten bitten by a werewolf, as opposed to someone who believed they had the spirit of a wolf?

Some of the boards here just aren't used, and yes - some posts that are put up on the generic boards could better fit in more specific ones, but simply over-regulating everything will end up with OF looking like a complete and utter mess.

michael4343
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by michael4343 »

Hello,
If we'll be discussing things such as Amitville Horror, Fraudlent Mediums, The Fox sisters, hauntings, Spiritual Guides, UFOs, space i think
1. aliens can be placed into paradigms as i know a lot of people who like the pleadians, religion and spirituality or reasoning
2. Amityville can be placed into the bazaar (even witchcraft will be a good place) (so long as their is an occult theme behind the conversation and not just a rant plenty of people will be interested in it), Fraudulent mediums should also be placed there i think
3. Hauntings depending on your idea behind the discussion should either be placed within spell sharing or off topic, i for one have various friends living in haunted houses and i used to live in a haunted house, now i just live under one. or place it in the paradigm section under witchcraft (it is usually highly associated to this; yes i know we are all educated occultists but still we emerged out of a society which believes this so we must still have a bit of cultural residue somewhere)
4. fox sisters: spirituality and religion or reasoning
5. spiritual guides: this can be considered a spell, put in the shamanism paradigm
6. space easily in the paradigm or off topic section,
just open the post as a discussion and people who are interested would go, if no one is interested then send individual emails to occultists on the subject. A lot of the people in the world place pleasure over structure so the formalities should be ignored if it is such a big problem for you

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Seconded. We're missing out on a lot by not having proper dedicated forums to "Supernatural Occurances", "UFOlogy" and "Conspiracy Theories". Somewhere mainstream people can have a place to talk about stuff without wholesale-occult knowledge.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

...Somewhere mainstream people can have a place to talk about stuff without wholesale-occult knowledge.
They have those sites already. Many, many, many of them. all over the internet.

And we ARE an Occult forum, so that is, after all, why we discuss Occult related matters here.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Draco20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Draco20 »

I agree with Nahemah. There are already plenty of forums out there dealing with paranormal phenomena and believers Vs skeptics while there is very few serious places concerned with discussing the practice of occultism. That's why I registered here in the first place. Phenix20 is on 2 other paranormal forums. I am not against adding a sub-section dealing with the Paranormal as a subject of it's own but there is a risk of diluting the forum.

Return to “Wish List”