Thread notifications/updates.

Wish list for future additions to the site

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thread notifications/updates.

Post by Lucius »

Hey, so I've only been back a day but I've had an idea.

Well, this might already be the case but if not, could we put in some kind of way that we can "Follow" a category/thread and be updated via email every time a new thread is posted in a category we are following/post in a thread we are following.

This would be good for two reasons- Firstly those such as myself with bad memory may forget what posts we've added to and so on.

Secondly, and I know this is a bit more me oriented but maybe others share my sentiment. It would be really awesome to be updated by email every time someone requests for help on the help forum or a thread for help has been updated. I guess this can also relate to those who are specific fans of any particular category.

Would this be possible to do?

Thanks for reading. XD.

Lucius.
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Thread notifications/updates.

Post by EternalReturn »

You can do it here for forums:

And here for particular threads/topic

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks EternalReturn. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

Oh wow this is embarrassing.... HA HA HA HA HA [yay]

Thanks Eternal Run XD
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

No probs [grin] that's actually bad platform design problem (phpbb) not for your embarrassment [thumbup]

If I hadn't installed and used phpbb myself as an admin, I probably wouldn't know it myself [grin]

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

I have an amendment for this, or atleast something related... is there a way to get a notification icon on the top bar itself on the site itself, rather than just an email so you can quickly just click on the notification so you go right to the reply post? that way you can see someone's replied to your subscribed forums right away while still on the site. (basically, it would show like the new messages would, but be links to new notifications instead)
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

That's fairly difficult thing to do, unless there exists experienced coder who would write it or some add-on.

Return to “Wish List”