Books

Wish list for future additions to the site

Archangel_Michael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Books

Post by Archangel_Michael »

Does anyone knows any link to get a complete english copy of Voynich manual, Magus Book, The Picatrix (full maual please,) Clavicula Solomonis (Greater Key of Solomon) The Necronomicon Spell Book & Incantations? I had read the Forbidden Rites and it contains the Grand Grimoire & cited some texts from Munich Manual. I am very interested in these books, so whenever you knew link for this books let me know or you can reach me via e-mail at [email protected].

Thank you very much. [gz]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Books

Post by Nahemah »

The Voynich hasm'r been translated yet, so no on that one.

The Picatrix can be found here and other works too:

http://www.esotericarchives.com/picatrix.htm

Is it the Simon Nec. you're after?

Multiple books claim the title Necronomicon, with varying degrees of accuracy.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Greer and Warnock's The Complete Picatrix is my favorite version of that. The Magus can be read here, and Mathers' translation of Clavicula Solomonis (which is disputed by more recent scholars, who have access to more copies and versions of the original text than Mathers did) can be read here for free.

The Necronomicon is originally a work of fiction, and not a traditional Grimoire. H. P. Lovecraft made it up to use in his fantasy stories, and he never wrote an official version of the text. All books claiming the title of Necronomicon, then, should be treated as what they are: modern works of fiction, which cannot even officially be associated with H. P. Lovecraft beyond using the word Lovecraft made up as the title. Which does not by any means imply that you cannot use it. I know several people who have successfully worked with the Necronomicon, primarily utilizing Chaos Magick skills as reference and foundation. So you can use it, if you really want to. Just understand that it's not an ancient and mighty thing, as its Lore proclaims. Its power is whatever power you pour into it.

~:Shin:~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Joseph H petersons latest version of the lesser key of solomons is the best translation so far and I really do recommend that you buy it.
He also has The Clavis or Key to the Magic of Solomon but it is really expensive.

Simons necronomicon costs like 7 dollar i paperback from axon. They also have 'necronomicon' , 'the gates of necronomicon' , 'dead names: the history of the necronomicon'.

If you are going to read the magus, I really recommend that you read josephus flavius complete works, Claudius Ptolemy - Works and Plutarch - Lives. Because Barrett quotes from those books all the time in his writing.

Another vote for http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/picatrix.html

Voynich manual, is famous for it being impossible to read, nobody has cracked the code yet.

The Grand Grimoire is so far best preserved in french. If you can read that you can find Le Veritable Dragon Rouge in most voodoo shops around Louisianan.

Munich Manual is being translated now but is still only available in latin.

I do however recommend that you add Aggripa 2 books of occult philosophy and Grimorium Verum

Return to “Wish List”