Maxiumum post

Wish list for future additions to the site

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Maxiumum post

Post by Desecrated »

I recommend a block on new users, so that they can only make a maximum of 3 posts per day.
This prevents spamming.

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Maxiumum post

Post by Robin_Alexander »

I'm not sure I'd be for limiting posts . . .

Quantity doesn't necessarily indicate quality, after all. There are some new users that may have a lot to contribute, or who may post a thread/question that requires conversation/discussion (thus making a 3 post limit very restrictive and hindering their ability to participate in discussions).

That being said, I do agree with your other idea on locking old threads. I think that would stop spamming and necroposting, as well as helping users to see what's useful and relevant on the new topic lists.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Robin_Alexander wrote:I'm not sure I'd be for limiting posts . . .

Quantity doesn't necessarily indicate quality, after all. There are some new users that may have a lot to contribute, or who may post a thread/question that requires conversation/discussion (thus making a 3 post limit very restrictive and hindering their ability to participate in discussions).

That being said, I do agree with your other idea on locking old threads. I think that would stop spamming and necroposting, as well as helping users to see what's useful and relevant on the new topic lists.
A 3 post limit might be too much, a 5 post or 10 post limited might be better.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

but whos participating i dont understand :)).. / ..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Desecrated is here a lot to keep an eye on things, seems like he would make a good moderator or something. Although he probably doesn't want it.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Spida wrote:
Desecrated is here a lot to keep an eye on things, seems like he would make a good moderator or something. Although he probably doesn't want it.
I would make a horrible moderator. I'm basically a fascist at heart and I would ban about half the forum, including myself.

A good moderator should uphold the rules of the forum, but I don't always agree with those rules so I think I would case more trouble than solve problem.
A mature human being can work around this and do what is best for the forum, but I'm way to selfish, and the only thing I care about is what is best for me.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Yeah, I admit I did briefly entertain an element of uncertainty. But at least you get 10/10 for punctuality, honesty, and experience!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

I think we need more mods in this forum. Rock Demon is the only one around. Also, Nahemah can't always be here.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Hello dear forum members. We'll discuss this. Meanwhile I would like to encourage you all to use the "REPORT" button if you think some post is a spam, spammy or if you do not like it for whatever reason. It really helps me to scan posts and review them more effectively and quickly. Thank you.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

@Napoli

That's what I was thinking. I still see Stukov occasionally...

So is it Napoli for Moderator then?
:)

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Spida wrote:
@Napoli

That's what I was thinking. I still see Stukov occasionally...

So is it Napoli for Moderator then?
I would love to lend a hand to Rock Demon. But I will make silly mistakes. So, I think I am not suitable for the position. What about you Spida [smile2] ?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

You're only human, mistakes are okay, and at least you will look good making them!

I am here a lot, but I think I might tend to be too passive as a moderator. And in retrospect, I would have been a bit more modest with my posts.

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

It does seem like an active member as a backup Mod might not be a bad idea. To protect the Forum from a Meltdown when all the people of authority are busy with RL shit.

I think Desecrated's post limiting is a good idea as well!

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

I'm getting pretty annoyed now, to be honest . . .

An active mod would be great (although staff seem to be pretty good and on a fair amount), but a maximum post count for new members would be a darned good thing for times when staff aren't able to log on (for whatever reasons) . . . right now we have a troll spamming the forum on a constant basis; it's understandable staff can't always be here, but if there were a 5 or 10 post limit for new members, it would at least prevent excess spamming until things can be dealt with.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Robin_Alexander wrote:I'm getting pretty annoyed now, to be honest . . .

An active mod would be great (although staff seem to be pretty good and on a fair amount), but a maximum post count for new members would be a darned good thing for times when staff aren't able to log on (for whatever reasons) . . . right now we have a troll spamming the forum on a constant basis; it's understandable staff can't always be here, but if there were a 5 or 10 post limit for new members, it would at least prevent excess spamming until things can be dealt with.

I did notice earlier today that you became more interested in this situation...

Sometimes I worry about the staff when I don't see them on much, and hope everything is okay. Sometimes people just have an excess of RL stuff to deal with. That always comes first!

I am wondering if the post limiting is something that can easily be implemented by staff, you know: text fields, check boxes, and radio buttons, or if would actually involve writing a script(or copying and pasting one), and some HTML code. So there is that.

Or just a trusted backup Mod in case of emergencies.

Regards!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Robin_Alexander wrote:right now we have a troll spamming the forum on a constant basis;
If I am thinking of the same person you are talking about then I must add that (s)he seems to think (s)he knows the best and believes that others does not deserve to practise the occult [bummed] . Hence, all the trolling. That person's teaching is also dangerous if newbies fall for what (s)he says.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

It's the same person. I suspect with a name like "Next" that their conduct that you are observing is what they had planned initially when they created that name.

I reported them about a day and a half ago for ad hominem. I'm not exactly sure what staff will make of this, but am interested to find out.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

My apologies guys. I was sick, then encountered a problem with webadvisor on my browser, so I couldn't get on here for a bit. Sorted now and I'm back.

Stukov posted for me and Rockdemon on the mod board and now reports have been looked over by me too, so we will be able to discuss any outstanding problems and other issues raised here in thread. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Once again, apologies, but the winter bug I had, developed an after life and I was floored twice over. I don't usually get that sick, but hey ho. Thankfully it's gone now. [yay]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Good to see you again Nahemah!
And am glad you are doing better!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Welcome back Nahemah. Glad to hear you are well now :) .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks. I take it you can get on the site ok now, Napoli?

I will be working my way through stuff, so apologies for pms still to be answered, I am on it now.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Nahemah wrote:Thanks. I take it you can get on the site ok now, Napoli?
Yes. I have also responded to you on the FB page.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote:so apologies for pms

Return to “Wish List”