Spell for sleeping problems

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

Hi people.
First of all, I still find requesting a spell a weird thing to do, somewhere in the back of my mind, but I am slowly becoming desperate.
Anyway, for perticularly the past month I've had completely no rythym in my sleep and have several times woken up to a parent shouting that dinner is ready, and some nights I am not able to sleep at all, even when I feel pretty damn tired.
Setting an alarm clock never seems to work and going to sleep early doesn't do a thing.
I do not know if it is that what influences my motivation to study, but I want it to end nonetheless.
It is the reason I get late at school 1/6 of the time and that most of the time I am annoyed with people thanks to a headache.
Have spoken my doctor about it, but sleeping pills and his advice do not seem to be very efficiënt, if only for a short period of time.

I wouldn't say it is some sort of occult attack (as I kind of like, don't really know anyone), but it is something I can't seem to get a grip over.

Will try to do some more stuff about it myself, but any kind of advice is very welcome!

PS: I also haven't dreamt for about 7 years now, but people keep telling me I "forget my dreams". I just don't feel like I had any and can picture nothing from the time I was asleep. Of course I could just be "forgetting" my dreams for about 2500 days now... -.-'
Don't try to reason with your heart
or feel with your mind.
For just as the heart knows no logic,
the mind can't lead you to your soul.

Spinel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Spinel »

Any advice, eh? Well don't some people use cues to help go to sleep? Maybe you could try setting up some sort of routine beforehand in order to tell your body when it's time for sleep.

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

I'm not sure if I have such a routine, can you give me some examples?
or feel with your mind.

Spinel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Spinel »

Well ... Technically there could be all sorts of cues for sleep such as dimming the lights, changing one's clothes, turning the telly off, etc.

Someone who wants to sleep might just beforehand, say, brush their teeth and do tai chi, and out of routine, this could just be another way of telling the body sleep is on its way.

Sarosong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sarosong »

There are a number of ways to help with sleep problems, both magical and non. I'm saying this to you because I've dealt with years of insomnia as well, but I managed to get over it in college. So I know a few tricks. It all depends on your view of magic, whether you prefer to cast a spell, do an evocation, or meditate your way into sleep.

One way to get yourself to sleep is to remind yourself that this time is your time, such as if you have a lot of things on your mind that prevent you from sleeping. I used to think of all the imperfect things I did and criticize myself over it, or I'd still be ranting in my head about something which angered me. So you can chase those thoughts away and remind yourself that this time is your own and nothing else is allowed to bother it.

If you want to meditate yourself to sleep, I usually just give the precursor to most meditations. The only disadvantage to this is that you can no longer meditate while laying down because your body teaches itself to fall asleep in this position. Start by either/or both visualizing a white or gold, warm light surrounding your feet and squeezing them as tight as you can and releasing the muscle after three approximate seconds. Move up to your lower legs and repeat, then up through your thights, back/butt, chest/stomach, arms, hands, fingertips, shoulders, and face. Let the light and warmth soothe your body and relax into it. Keep your eyes closed and let your thoughts clear away from your mind. If they come back, simply ease them away and don't get mad at yourself. Take in a slow, deep breath through your nose and slowly out through your mouth. Do this three times, each time slowing down your mind and sinking deeper into relaxation. Let yourself fall asleep. Focus on your breath if it takes a little longer than expected.

Another thing you could do, and you can do this in addition to your meditation, is make a sachet containing lavendar, chamomile, rosemary, and mugwort(only if you want some interesting dreams, so this is optional) and have it under your pillow. You can use the same herbs and make a tea. They don't need much, just a pinch or two for each. I made mind pretty dense and drank it 4 hours before bed so it had time to kick in. It knocked me out really well.

When people are really, really tired and they finally get to sleep, they almost immediately go into R.E.M. and start dreaming. I've had this sort of thing happen to me. When I'm about to go to sleep I actually do start paying attention to my thoughts instead of pushing them out. I don't control them, and just let my mind wander as stranger, more dream-like thoughts appear. Then I let my mind pull itself into dreaming so I can get to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

One good thing to do to get to sleep is to fill a bath with hot water, add dried lavender or lavender essential oil, when you get up have a cup of warm chamomile tea with honey, that should make you tired. To wake up try adding a few drops of pepper, lemon and eucalyptus essential oil to a oil lamp and breathe the fumes.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

One method for waking on time, which I've had some success with, is simply talking to your subconscious. The method is taught quite nicely in the podcasts at www.hunatrainer.com

Essentially, it involves giving your subconscious a name, building a bit of a relationship with it, and asking it to wake you up at the time you specify.

One way to pick a name for your subconscious is to just go with the first name that pops into your head.

Try it for a couple of nights, you might be pleasantly surprised :D

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

Thanks a lot! I'll be trying out these methods for a while.
Will post again here later to let you know how it turned out.
or feel with your mind.

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

So far I have frequently tried to meditate, with not much results. I appeared to sleep more regularily not long after I started, but soon it became worse than before and at this very moment I am awake for about 35 hours.

I wish someone would just knock me unconcious right now, and I'd even pay for it!

I'm not going to give up trying, though. That's not the way you get things done :P
or feel with your mind.

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

Sorry for the reposting, but if I'd edit my posts I don't think anyone would notice :P

I have used the method Vashta recommended me and it works surprisingly well to wake up in time! It took a while to start getting some effect, though.
I couldn't use Venefica's method because I only have a shower, not a bath.
Also, I had often meditated before going to sleep, but simply listening to music while trying to fall asleep worked best.

Again, thanks for the help! :)
or feel with your mind.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”