Work, success, and general unsticking

andrzej
Forum Member
Forum Member

Work, success, and general unsticking

Post by andrzej »

So this friend of mine feels like things are getting in the way of her satisfaction. Her previous jobs have been very unsatisfying, and she hasn't been feeling particularly lucky or prosperous of late. We had a plan to help her find something good. Here's how we came up with the idea:
We're both into eclectic magick, with her taking a Chaos approach. In South Africa, the Xhosa people inour area have a heavy focus on communication with the ancestors. My friend's ethnic background is mostly Danish and Italian, and neither of us is squeamish.
We'll start by preparing some Danish and Italian dishes.
We will then draw the veve of Papa Legba on the floor in corn meal. This is a "voodoo" approach; nothing to do with Xhosa magick. Papa Legba is the loa of opportunities, aids in contacting the spirits of ancestors, and speaks all languages, thus helping us in our multi-cultural attampt to ask for help.
We will then sacrifice a chicken (I finally get to use my new cleaver) to activate the ritual, and give Papa Legba a cigar or two, until the gifts call him to us.
Next, mpepu will be burnt. Mpepu is Helichrysum odoratissimum, a silvery plant which grows wild in the hills around town. Xhosa people burn it to call the ancestors, and as an offering.
My Friend will end by speaking to her ancestors, offering them food, and asking them to help her.
The ritual will thenbe closed. We'll bluck and cook the chicken, and have a good meal.
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.â€

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”